[Wishful Thinking] Feral and Guardian flavour in BfA

So with the water cooler post mentioning emphasizing on what makes each class and spec special, maybe it's time to bring these two specs at least a tiny bit back to their roots - shapeshifting.

What if there were CDs that started in Cat/Bear and ended up in caster form for some epic spell cast, followed by a physical ability in caster form that finished back in Cat/Bear again respectively?

Example: Starcall (Cat Form) - begins casting in Cat, maybe getting on hind legs with glowing paws and then smoke cloud and shift to caster (worgen style) where a powerful star-based aoe attack happens that applies moonfire on all targets + heavy damage.

Followed by: Feral Instinct (Caster Form) - some kind of attack (physical, with weapon(s)), followed by a leap into the air (Death from Above-style) where you shift mid-air and land with a buffed Thrash or similar.

One of the main problems I've always had with Druid is being stuck in your respective form, and this way you'd get to see your caster form in combat occasionally while also emphasizing on a Druid's shapeshifting abilities.

Thoughts?

No, thanks.
    I like being a cat and having to switch to elf only when i need a heal.

Also, in the clusterfuck that is WoW particle FX when 2 or more people fight, being in human form for like 0.2 seconds, like you described, won't make a difference, trust me.

I would sign any petition that results in me getting an aoe that applies moonfire on all targets

Quote Originally Posted by ayrton2388 View Post
    No, thanks.
    I like being a cat and having to switch to elf only when i need a heal.

Also, in the clusterfuck that is WoW particle FX when 2 or more people fight, being in human form for like 0.2 seconds, like you described, won't make a difference, trust me.
    I don't think you're right. Plus, who doesn't get tired of the never-changing appearance of Druid forms after a while?

I would like to see Maul come off the global cooldown for Guardians just to give us something extra to do and some added dps when needed.

Would be neat to go back to the whole idea of being the ultimate utility/Jack-of-all-Trades class. I do miss Heart of the Wild for those who remember what that is. The Affinity system is nice but doesn't come close to HotW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ufta View Post
    I would sign any petition that results in me getting an aoe that applies moonfire on all targets
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogooder View Post
    I would like to see Maul come off the global cooldown for Guardians just to give us something extra to do and some added dps when needed.
    Used to be, was changed to being on the GCD (and buffed) due to being inconsequential.

I'm more than willing to pay the so called hybrid tax to get all four affinity talents baseline for the four specs and then build each spec around that. I miss being the dps guy who saves wipes by casting tranquility, rebirthing dead allies, going to tank that pack of adds or even the main boss for a while, innervating the starving healer... All of that while also putting a reasonably aceptable dps with my cat form.

That true hybrid I fell in love with when I created my very first character that's still my main, that made me feel super useful, the guy who helps everyone in every situation even if I focused on dps'ing. Too bad that hybrid class has been gutted every single expansion. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying feral now more than ever (I will never miss you Savage Roar), but I do miss being so versatile and survivor as we used to. Right now all that's left is an affinity talent I must choose that doesn't help that much even in the chosen affinity role.

Also, bring back Symbiosis!
    Last edited by Sylar Hao; 2018-01-26 at 05:25 AM.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    I'm more than willing to pay the so called hybrid tax to get all four affinity talents baseline for the four specs and then build each spec around that. I miss being the dps guy who saves wipes by casting tranquility, rebirthing dead allies, going to tank that pack of adds or even the main boss for a while, innervating the starving healer... All of that while also putting a reasonably aceptable dps with my cat form.

That true hybrid I fell in love with when I created my very first character that's still my main, that made me feel super useful, the guy who helps everyone in every situation even if I focused on dps'ing. Too bad that hybrid class has been gutted every single expansion. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying feral now more than ever (I will never miss you Savage Roar), but I do miss being so versatile and survivor as we used to. Right now all that's left is an affinity talent I must choose that doesn't help that much even in the chosen affinity role.

Also, bring back Symbiosis!
    This! I would love if they bring back the utility and jack of all trades feeling that you had in vanilla and bc. I have been playing 29/11/11 in vanilla and it felt sooo versatile. Being a dps in dungeons that could offheal or offtank if things got messy felt so rewarding.

Thing in, being a jack of all trades does not work in arenas, especially 2v2.
    Also, i really really don't want to not be taken in a raid or dungeon because my "jack of all trades" feral dps is not on par with other pure dps classes.

Sometimes, i miss the old stance dancing in pvp, like having to switch to bear form to stun or to charge someone... but considering how faceroll some other classes are in PvP, i don't want to make druids even harder to play, if those other classes stay as easy to play as they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by ayrton2388 View Post
    Thing in, being a jack of all trades does not work in arenas, especially 2v2.
    Also, i really really don't want to not be taken in a raid or dungeon because my "jack of all trades" feral dps is not on par with other pure dps classes.

Sometimes, i miss the old stance dancing in pvp, like having to switch to bear form to stun or to charge someone... but considering how faceroll some other classes are in PvP, i don't want to make druids even harder to play, if those other classes stay as easy to play as they are now.
    2v2 has never ever be balanced and will never be.
    And if you aren't being taken in raids because you're a jack of all trades, then they are wrong because, although your dps may be a little lower than the others, you bring so much help to your partners, they'd be wrong by not taking you.