Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    No, being lazy breeds being lazy, your economic status has nothing to do with it.

ITT: people think successful individuals work a 35 hour work week.
    Last edited by McFuu; 2018-01-25 at 01:45 PM.

If you are lazy, you are gonna be lazy it doesnt matter if you have 100 dollars to your name or 100 million!

Work effort is likely a bell chart overall. Most people are in the middle but there are outliers which are really lazy or really overwork. Probably is not related to income level, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Who did Bill Gates underpay to become wealthy? He created a product that everyone wanted and became wealthy in the process. When Microsoft went public, all of his employees received shares of stock. Even secretaries and admin people became millionaires due to the rise in Microsoft stock.

So your claim that "no one gets rich by working hard" is patently false.

Also the finance industry. A first-year investment banking analyst with a 4-year degree will earn between $100-$150k per year. Are they underpaid for their labor?
    Finance industry should be exterminated. They do nothing but bring trouble and get ridiculous amounts of money for it.

I'd say parenting has to be the factor.

If they encourage laziness, they'll likely get a lazy child.
    Economic status would likely determine how the laziness looks.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Laziness has no bias.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Mostly/only if you are born into I think. Think of children of actors/actresses for example.

People that started with nothing and became rich by working hard are not likely to become lazy.
    A funny stat, that the far left always ignores, is that by the 3rd generation, 97% of families are completely poor. Im not sure where this pervasive endless generations of trust fund babies come from, because the upper class is a very fluid place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Becoming "super duper rich" as you put it does not change who you are. It magnify's your true personality. That's it, that's all.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

Warren Buffet, the third or fourth richest guy in the US works like a dog.

Jeff Bezos, the richest man in the world works like a dog.

Bill Gates, the second richest man in the world is slacking a little.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Warren Buffet, the third or fourth richest guy in the US works like a dog.

Jeff Bezos, the richest man in the world works like a dog.

Bill Gates, the second richest man in the world is slacking a little.
    And he did so non-stop since his teenage years too.

I guess it all comes down to ones personality and attitude in life.

it may differ from person to person ...

from myself, i can say it doesnt make me lazy. i'm not super rich, but i earn enough money to make a good living without working really ... i'm into real estate renting.

so i cloud sit on the couch the whole day ... but i can't stand that. i'm super active, in all means of business. i'm working as a photographer, which is my true passion. but i don't have the worries or stress to HAVE to earn a lot. i just can choose my jobs which i'm interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by dobogoff View Post
    "Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style" Warren Buffett in his 1990 letter to Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE:BRK-B) shareholders.

People like to mythologize business leaders so they can indulge their fairy tale fantasies of how financial success is correlated with effort.
    Doesn't mean it's true.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

In a thread about laziness you can't cut and paste something into google? I'm guessing you are not rich.
    Wut? 10characters

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hey everyone, so yeah I am talking in general here, does being super duper rich makes you lazy overall ?
    Depends what you would consider lazy though...
    I would not "work" anymore, but I would dedicate my time to something else... Full time studying for example. Adopting or foster care... I don't know, stuff like that. Is that considered being lazy?
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Lazy no, but if i wont that much money i wouldn't be working my day job.. i'd pursue interest or ideas (such as my own bar) without worry.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I have never been a ballerina. I know it does not involve armed combat.
    That does not even make any sense.

most lazy people have nothing. for that reason

"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style" Warren Buffett in his 1990 letter to Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE:BRK-B) shareholders.

People like to mythologize business leaders so they can indulge their fairy tale fantasies of how financial success is correlated with effort.
    He is describing their investment style, it's even in the quote, not personal work ethic. Just because he has a more laid back approach to investing doesn't mean he's not spending 60+ hours a week in his office going over data, proposals, and everything else.

Edited to echo what others have said laziness breeds laziness, regardless of economic standing.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I know I wouldn't do jack shit anymore if I had 10 million sitting in the bank. I'd sit on the beach all day sipping cool, refreshing water. I imagine many would slow their roll a bit. At the same time, once they get bored of sitting on the beach, they might go through phases of working a lot on projects they enjoy.
    if i had a 100 million sitting in the bank i might do the same too.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.