Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Maiev - Melee Assassin - Warcraft Hero

Background

Maiev Shadowsong is a night elf Warden and former Priestess of the Moon. Maiev grew up in the ancient Kaldorei Empire and eventually joined the esteemed Sisterhood of Elune, rising through its ranks to become a senior priestess. During the infamous War of the Ancients, Maiev, played a major role in the fight against the Burning Legion, as part of the Kaldorei Resistance.

Shortly after the war's conclusion and the Resistance's victory, one of the night elves' most powerful champions, Illidan Stormrage, was arrested and put on trial for attempting to create a second Well of Eternity, ultimately being imprisoned deep underground. Maiev personally volunteered to act the Betrayer's jailer, and took up the mantle of leader of the newly-formed Watchers, whose duty it was to guard the subterranean prison.

Videos

Abilities

Trait - Vault of the Wardens
    Cooldown: ?? seconds
    description coming soon

Q - Fan of Knives
    Mana: ??
    Deal 180 damage to enemies in a crescent area. Hitting at least 3 enemy Heroes with Fan of Knives reduces its cooldown to 0.5 seconds, and refunds its Mana cost.

W - Umbral Bind
    Maiev's next Basic Attack cleaves and applies a tether to enemy Heroes hit for 2.5 seconds. If a tethered Hero moves too far from Maiev, they are pulled toward her, dealing 110 damage and breaking the tether.

E - Spirit of Vengeance
    Send a shadow of Maiev outward that will return to its cast location, dealing 100 damage to enemies along both paths. Deals 100% more damage to enemy Heroes. Reactivate to Blink to the shadow's location.

R1 - Containment Disc
    Throw a glaive in the target direction. If an enemy Hero is hit, Containment Disc can be reactivated to remove their vision and Time Stop them for 4 seconds. Containment Disc automatically activates 6 seconds after hitting a Hero.

R2 - Warden's Cage
    Summon 8 Warden Avatars as a cage around Maiev. After 1.5 seconds, enemy Heroes that come in contact with an Avatar consume it and are knocked to the center of the cage. Warden Avatars last 7 seconds.

Talents

**coming soon**

Level 1
    • [Q] Name - Description
    • [Q] Name - Description
    • [Q] Name - Description

Screenshots

Official Hero Page
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2018-01-26 at 10:12 PM. Reason: I'm a thread hijacker. Sue me!

Hope they don't use her Legion voice, but there's no way they won't. Not a fan of 70 year old smoker's voice, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    O hell yeah!!!
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

I'm overwhelmed with "meh."

Warcraft is the only game I've played, and Assassins are my favorite class... but even I'm getting tired of the same old shit. The more Assassins they put out, the more I have to see Zeebo and Sylvanas in every single game.

Maiev isn't even cool. Her "PURRRRGE THE WICKED!!" character is hackneyed and dull, while her ridiculous weapons strain every inch of credulity I have. So dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Hope they don't use her Legion voice, but there's no way they won't. Not a fan of 70 year old smoker's voice, sorry.
    Debi Mae West is 53 years old and not a smoker. I'm sure she will voice Maiev again.

I'll be hijacking this thread since you beat me to the punch. ^^

- - - Updated - - -

According to the Bnet app, her spotlight will be revealed live on the EU HGC stream after the first game tomorrow evening!

7+ Year Old Account
    good to put those who said "it will be malganis, it was leaked by the guy who got all the rest right" when really no, it was "leaked" by someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

She had recently recovered from throat cancer or something when she did Legion, so it's not "smoker's voice", it's "recovering from severe fucking illness" voice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh look it's Zeratul!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I'll be hijacking this thread since you beat me to the punch. ^^

- - - Updated - - -

According to the Bnet app, her spotlight will be revealed live on the EU HGC stream after the first game tomorrow evening!
    You're welcome.

Well, if we go for the warcraft thing, she will have aoe poison fan of knives, trap to stop people ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post

Warcraft is the only game I've played, and Assassins are my favorite class... but even I'm getting tired of the same old shit. The more Assassins they put out, the more I have to see Zeebo and Sylvanas in every single game.

Maiev isn't even cool. Her "PURRRRGE THE WICKED!!" character is hackneyed and dull, while her ridiculous weapons strain every inch of credulity I have. So dumb.
    Maiev is a warden and going after the wicked is her shtick for awhile. Yeah her weapon looks different but it's a Warden weapon so no it's not dumb. You sound too bitter.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Debi Mae West is 53 years old and not a smoker. I'm sure she will voice Maiev again.
    She's also a voice actress, who can pull it off if need be. Which she has in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    She had recently recovered from throat cancer or something when she did Legion, so it's not "smoker's voice", it's "recovering from severe fucking illness" voice.
    That sucks, but no reason to completely ruin a character's voice. Just get a different voice actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post

not paying attention and have poor taste.

shes one of the best examples of an anti-villain you ever see. I loved her in the Illidan novel because the first person (or 3rd person omnicient?) perspective gave us a chance to see how angry and obsessed we were but when she was still grounded enough to stay politically correct*

*the REAL definition of political correctness ("i think we should murder the innocent but thats political suicide so i'll merely suggest we Deport them) not the racist version of political correctness (Not being racist, not being sexist, not being homophobic)
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE heavy ability references to WC3. Absolutely loved the Warden hero.

She's also a voice actress, who can pull it off if need be. Which she has in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

That sucks, but no reason to completely ruin a character's voice. Just get a different voice actress.
    "hey sorry about your cancer, you're fired"

real nice.

how about someone whos been alive for 10,000 years and has been stabbed a few million times who has recently lost her immortality and now subject to aging ....their voice is slightly different .

vol'jin's is (was suppose to be) since he got his neck slit
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

i think maiev in legion sounds very similar to how she sounded in the warcraft games. a little more harsh, but she's fucking crazy so it fits.

anyway, i'm not impressed. would prefer some more legion members.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    "hey sorry about your cancer, you're fired"

real nice.

how about someone whos been alive for 10,000 years and has been stabbed a few million times who has recently lost her immortality and now subject to aging ....their voice is slightly different .

vol'jin's is (was suppose to be) since he got his neck slit
    I'm not saying it's not logical, or that she shoudn't sound like that for lore reasons. I'm saying I don't like it, and I wish they didn't make her sound so bad. Not sure why half this thread is people white knighting like I said that I'm happy the voice actress had cancer or something. It's okay to not like things!

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how people are discussing how/who will be voice actor/acting.

Do we know her role? What set of abilities/playstyle she will bring to the game.

I mean she has been out there in WC3 universe for so long. And her character has recieved some develepment in early days! Now her wc3 abilities are taken by Zeratul. Would be interesting to see her in new style.

P.S. Her weapon isnt wierd. Its umbra cresent ! And one of the most unique type you will see. In ANY game!
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE heavy ability references to WC3. Absolutely loved the Warden hero.
    Wouldn't that be pretty much Zeratul though? His basic abilities are identical to what Warden had in W3.