Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Seems neat. Especially her alternate skin, looks Diabloish.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Besides, this is her official look in the lore from that time: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/ar...iew=wc3-warden

I think they nailed it pretty well?

10+ Year Old Account
    My dream has come to true! Tracer i coming for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    while her ridiculous weapons strain every inch of credulity I have. So dumb.
    This is a real world weapon from ancient Chinese martial arts known as a feng huo lun, or "wind and fire wheel":

Another variation:

Basically, the weapon that "strains every inch of credulity" you have is just a scaled up version of an actual, existing weapon.

Deleted
    Indeed. I have played probably 2k+ games in WC III. After that amount of time the look form her little animated icon - if you select her ingame - is burned in. And that looks very different from the HotS look.

I was worried about how they would handle her kit given what hots already has but they've done really well handling her.

Anti-mobility, anti-group, ability avoidance and disruption with her own mobility. Fantastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Why the garbage bin look (stocky and full helmet) and not the classic WC III one (elegant and leather mask)? The skillset certainly looks interesting though.
    Her helmet has never been made of leather (if it was leather, it would have been just the surface level while the base used metal). The WarCraft 3 model had a helmet made of metal, and the concept art for the game was also a metal helmet. No regular leather mask can have that shape without using metal as a base.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    My dream has come to true! Tracer i coming for you!
    she counters illidan style melee mobility, not tracer/genji style overwatch mobility - unlucky

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway, I am definitely excited for Maiev. Her kit has a lot of playmaking potential and I can think of a bunch of combo possibilities for some crazy plays (Zarya+Maiev anyone?). Definitely going to be learning how to play her (Genji and Tracer, I am coming for you!).

Deleted
    I meant this:

Hmm, not as satisfied with this design as I thought. I would have preferred something closer to Warcraft 3 too. I miss the open faced helm, the blades on the cape and the wings on the back crescents.

Oddly enough, a couple of the things I want are in Tyrande's Warden skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Added some stuff to the OP. More coming when the PTR goes live next week or when Blizzard releases the press kit, whichever happens first.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Anyway, I am definitely excited for Maiev. Her kit has a lot of playmaking potential and I can think of a bunch of combo possibilities for some crazy plays (Zarya+Maiev anyone?). Definitely going to be learning how to play her (Genji and Tracer, I am coming for you!).
    only in terms of their main escape abilities. Otherwise she can put the pressure down on them even while they're running and gunning around her

I'm satisfied. I like how she looks, I like her kit (though she looks like a really hard to play hero) and can't wait for her. W3 TFT Night Elf music in the video was a nice touch of nostalgia.

I'm curious what kind of sustain she has in her kit as a melee. She's got decent escapes and traps but no slows, stuns or lifesteal to really make use of it.

I'm just thinking about her trying to tie down an Illidan. Good job, you got him in melee... Now what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I'm curious what kind of sustain she has in her kit as a melee. She's got decent escapes and traps but no slows, stuns or lifesteal to really make use of it.

I'm just thinking about her trying to tie down an Illidan. Good job, you got him in melee... Now what?
    according to the spotlight video, her weakness is 'self-sustain' so I imagine she ain't got a lot

And she does not appear to be a duelist, but a team fighter.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    she counters illidan style melee mobility, not tracer/genji style overwatch mobility - unlucky
    Unless that's a joke on her hunting Illidan and whatnot, her W can definitely counter tracer/genji in team fights (depending on the range of the cleave).

Her role against high mobility is not to kill them 1v1 but rather set the kills up for the rest of the team to execute.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Unless that's a joke on her hunting Illidan and whatnot, her W can definitely counter tracer/genji in team fights (depending on the range of the cleave).
    Tracer can probably get out of it with Recall, but that's a lengthy cooldown to be forced to use.

Very excited for Maiev, probably for the first time since... maybe Valeera? She looks to be an excellent ganker on lane rotations.
    As the spotlight showed, ganking a overly-bold Sylvanas will prove difficult, but Zagaras and Nazeebos that refuse to stop pushing a lane are going to regret their life's choices when Maiev gets released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Debi Mae West is 53 years old and not a smoker. I'm sure she will voice Maiev again.
    and it shows.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, not as satisfied with this design as I thought. I would have preferred something closer to Warcraft 3 too. I miss the open faced helm, the blades on the cape and the wings on the back crescents.

Oddly enough, a couple of the things I want are in Tyrande's Warden skin.

if they delete tyrande skin because of this like they did cassia's.....yeah never giving them a dime again for any game.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.