Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    You do realise that the change on pvp in legion was done cause whiny little bitches that started the expansions after 5-6 months or at the mid were crying in the forums that they cant beat people who are playing since the start of the expansion. Dont expect much to change.
    No, it was because they didn't want PvP to be the way you gear up for PvE, as it had been too often in the past. PvP was neutered so it wouldn't interfere with all the PvE world quests and various levels of 5 mans, and not force PvE players into PvP if they didn't want to be there.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    No, it was because they didn't want PvP to be the way you gear up for PvE, as it had been too often in the past. PvP was neutered so it wouldn't interfere with all the PvE world quests and various levels of 5 mans, and not force PvE players into PvP if they didn't want to be there.
    Which, ironically, they'd already achieved by having the WoD style PvP gear.

All they had to do was set the PvE iLevels even lower. Just set them to the base of whatever WQs offer for CQ gear and 10 iLevels below that for the Honor gear.

That would have been fine. You could still do WQs in your PvP gear if you wanted without being trash, and no Dragonslayers would have felt forced to PvP.

Blizzard's incessant ability to "fix" problems that dont exist will never cease to amaze me.

I wouldn't. Historically pvpers were among the highest item level in the game during Legion. Its not that way right now, maybe but that doesn't indicate a problem.
    Only thing I might change is that you can buy items instead of just randomly get them, but like many Legion systems I think the people complaining about them are simply not playing the game.

The templates mean gear is significantly less important so it being random really does nothing.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    The templates mean gear is significantly less important so it being random really does nothing.
    The frequency with which people regurgitate this (provable) falsehood astounds me.

We proved it. With math.

Gear matters just as much as it ever did - on the average. At the extremes (freshly dinged 110 vs geared player) its worse than it was at any point in WoW's history.

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Templates should be flexible, you should be able to "reforge" them (aka, your crit/mastery piece give your template crit/mastery boost, instead of being an ilvl stick), gear should be valuable in pvp. If i want more haste on my toon i should be able to get it (not in sense of jumping from 20% to 50% haste, but in sensible manner). I don't think that in legion gear acquisition was a problem, because gear didn't matter, you didn't worked towards gear, you worked towards ilvl
    Can i upvote this?Why aren't we funding this?
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Which, ironically, they'd already achieved by having the WoD style PvP gear.
    Not true. You could get raid quality gear from CP in WoD. This was exactly the kind of thing they wanted to stamp out.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Not true. You could get raid quality gear from CP in WoD. This was exactly the kind of thing they wanted to stamp out.
    Only because there were three seasons and only two raid tiers.

If there had been a third raid tier, the S3 gear wouldn't have been the same iLevel as normal raids.

And, like i said.. easily solvable. Just set the PvE iLevel lower. That easy.

I never understood why any designer wants to separate the community into boxes. I mean, look how many pvp'ers tried M+ this xpac and liked it.

Back in BC, most raiders were playing pvp for gear to help them in raids. Thus we have the term "welfare epics".

I always liked both and wish there was a healthier encouragement for all players to dabble in everything.

===

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Can i upvote this?Why aren't we funding this?
    Inorite???
    Last edited by twistedmynd; 2018-02-08 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Darktbs is quotable

Quote Originally Posted by twistedmynd View Post
    I never understood why any designer wants to separate the community into boxes. I mean, look how many pvp'ers tried M+ this xpac and liked it.

Back in BC, most raiders were playing pvp for gear to help them in raids. Thus we have the term "welfare epics".
    I think it's because a substantial number of players DIDN'T do arena for welfare gear in BC, even though they should have, because they just hated PvP. And as a result their PvE experience also suffered, as they were now behind in gear.

I always liked both and wish there was a healthier encouragement for all players to dabble in everything.

===

Inorite???
    Can't say TBC is the best example since you can aquire all the top slots in 1 side of the game (pve/pvp), but still were valid for some classes and at different time of expansion. TBC system still was miles better than legion, the only downside for me was how they handled resilience.. they either should have tweaked the cap or make it completely different (also further wotlk, cata and etc resilience also is a shitty one since it make healers way too beefy).
    But the game should really consist of both parts if you want to min/max your character, for example would be nice to have some BIS items overall in pvp and some other BIS items in pve, so if you combine them you will have the most power gain. It will have more incentive for pvp players do some dungeons/raids and for pve players to go on arena/bg, so it won't feel like 2 camps are playing absolutely different game and not cross each other anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    The biggest thing was the gameplay just being pruned to the point of being stale.
    This. Worst part is that BfA is doing nothing to address it, so I guess I will stick to privates from classic to mop until the official classic is released.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Deleted
    I just want the templates removed so pvpgear matter again, it was awesome to go back to town to buy that piece you grinded for.
    And dunking on low geared people wasnt boring either
    Last edited by mmoc9bd0832d21; 2018-02-09 at 08:58 AM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    1 change.

Go back to vendor gear, not 2 tiers of random drops (Combatant/Gladiator), that'd even help unrated.

I'd take any token/currency system over the RNG.

The main problem w/ legion pvp loot is that it's completely random and ilvl is all that matters and even if u were at a high rating u got much higher ilvl gear just from doing mythic+. Pve is still the best way to get gear for pvp. I think wotlk had the best model tbh.

Players have lost so much customization everywhere, what stats they want, what pieces of gear they want and how to get them. Which trinkets to use. How much resilience they want and how much pve gear they want etc.

If they still want templates I feel like they need to give players more options. Maybe only allow secondary stats to work from gear, that way players can stack which stats they want and ilvl won't be the only thing that matters. Make trinkets matter again, do I want this dps trinket or the pvp health buff trinket?

Bring back honor/conquest points so players can purchase the gear they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd start with making PvP gear clearly better for PvP than PvE gear.
    You earn PvP gear via currency reward from doing various forms of PvP, none of this RNG shit.
    I don't particularly care for templates, but if they stay I'd be OK with it.
    I'd also like elite sets (not tabards or mounts or anything else) to be made available to the wider audience after they're no longer relevant, similar to mythic raid sets. Season by season, or all at the same time after their expansion has passed.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

They need to clearly identify, from their stats and player interviews, why PvP failed, if they think it did fail.

(It could be that they made a deliberate decision to reduce focus on WoW PvP, with the idea those players would move to Overwatch.)

I agree that the Legion full RNG loot distribution doesn't hook players targeting specific gear.

Perhaps make it more like M+ and Raids? RNG loot but predictable sources that drop particular loot:
    • Necklaces - obtained by Skirmishes
    • Rings - obtained by PVP World Quests
    • Trinkets - obtained by PVP Scenarios
    • Capes, Wrist, Hands - obtained by Random BGs
    • Shoulders, Belt, Boots - obtained by Rated Arenas
    • Head, Chest, Pants - obtained by Rated BGs
    This is terrible.

The major problem with pvp gear is that it can cause a barrier to entry, that was part of the reason pvp templates were added and ilvl only produces a small % increase between players. PVP should mostly be aimed around skill and not ilvl.
    Otherwise, if you want to get rid of templates you would have to matchmake by gear level, increasing queue times accordingly. If unbalanced ppl would stop playing pvp and further increase queue times.

I would like to see some type of pvp-only "zero rated power" enchants or gems.
    What i mean by "zero rated power", is that they have positive and negative effects. E.g. [+3%crit & but 5% dmg taken] or [+5% speed but roots/slows last 20% longer] or [+10% dmg but 15% chance to miss] (obviously numbers and effects could vary alot and be balanced accordingly to risk/reward)
    The more you pvp the more options or choices you would have, so you can become more powerful in certain roles but also making yourself worst at something else to keep it balanced.

Equally would like to see rewards more (or also) based on participation to some degree, rather than just rated arena/bgs ratings. High ratings should provide higher participation then just running random bgs ofc. But if someone wants to run 1,000+ random bgs or skimishs a season why should they be limited to much lower rewards (due to lack of ratings) than someone who with 2k rating who just does 40 rated bgs a season.
    Last edited by Ize; 2018-02-09 at 02:40 PM.

-edit-
    Fuck, what the hell am I talking about, seriously.
    Just bring back old gearing system pls, with conquest or w/e name points we use to buy gear and put a rating cap on pieces up to 2k where we can buy the elite ensemble (and make everything 2k+ to be purely aesthetic
    Last edited by Nuba; 2018-02-09 at 02:41 PM.

Honestly, I sort of liked the base ideas that Legion brought.

The whole concept of Echoes could probably be expanded a bit. Making them a actual full new currency you get from playing and winning could work. Combatant gear should totally give more when obliterated. 5-10 would probably be fair, so you're actually working towards getting better loot than the pity single echo. Maybe if something warforges/titanforges it's worth more when blown up? Or maybe if the item level of the item gets to a certain threshhold, it gives you the next tier up of Echoes.

The item level of rewards definitely needs to be kept up with other sources of gear, though. Nothing feels worse than slogging through a half-hour of hard-fought battlegrounds for a reward that you could've farted out by doing a sub-minute WQ.

I would not shed a tier if they finally decided to get rid of the out-dated idea of gear giving power inside battlegrounds, though.