Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I compared Shadow to Ret's new talents a few pages back... No wonder they're looking good, dev took feedback in Ret discord for an hour: https://imgur.com/a/Tlz7h

Some highlights:
    https://i.imgur.com/e3emvVl.png
    https://i.imgur.com/T7VJZrp.png
    https://i.imgur.com/6aRcwcr.png

If only Priest had someone that cared... Guess Ghostcrawler was the last one :(

Quote Originally Posted by ttylol View Post
    I compared Shadow to Ret's new talents a few pages back... No wonder they're looking good, dev took feedback in Ret discord for an hour: https://imgur.com/a/Tlz7h

Some highlights:
    https://i.imgur.com/e3emvVl.png
    https://i.imgur.com/T7VJZrp.png
    https://i.imgur.com/6aRcwcr.png

If only Priest had someone that cared... Guess Ghostcrawler was the last one
    I kinda honestly just want to go into game design and get a job at blizzard just to say someone at the wow team mains priest and doesn't play priest for 5 minutes for skill testing.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I wonder if they found any bit coin when they data mined....

wait we lost more spells than we gained in BFA

what

????
    Talents and Abilities
    Some classes don't necessarily need the abilities from their artifact weapons.
    If a talent choice is taken by everyone and mandatory, then it could shift to baseline or change it.
    Legendary abilities that are getting added baseline to classes or as talents will stack with the legendary effect.
    Switching talents between AoE and single target wasn't compelling and just felt like burning a tome.
    HELLO? Excuse me? Mr. fucking game director do... did you not look at shadow talents? Is SWD going to be an aoe now? Also you pruned shadow priests again with nothing in return besides mind sear rofl

I am literally convinced nobody at blizzards plays priest or boomkin like you literally say aoe and ST spells shouldn't compete and then you still do it, then you don't want to prune more but then you do it like what

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    ????

HELLO? Excuse me? Mr. fucking game director do... did you not look at shadow talents? Is SWD going to be an aoe now? Also you pruned shadow priests again with nothing in return besides mind sear rofl

I am literally convinced nobody at blizzards plays priest or boomkin like you literally say aoe and ST spells shouldn't compete and then you still do it, then you don't want to prune more but then you do it like what
    Yeah that doesn't make sense. We went through the complete Antorus never switching talents (except for Eonar), so if we believe him, all our talent tree should've gone baseline.

But no, we have 2 spells from our Legion rotation becoming talents (with a low chance to pick them).

Makes sense.

????

They're not done yet. Christ, I expect to find y'all barging into a kitchen and complaining about how your food is cold before the chef puts it into the oven.

????

They haven't done a pass on shadow talents in a while, they're focused on other specs at the moment. I'm sure we'll see some changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    They're not done yet. Christ, I expect to find y'all barging into a kitchen and complaining about how your food is cold before the chef puts it into the oven.
    The changes we have now were made after their design philosophy though. Meaning they intentionally made swd a talent and stuck it in an aoe tier

It shouldn't have been done in the first place

Lol I never get tired of you "its only beta" trolls.

So if I order a steak and eggs, and I get an update while it's cooking that the chef is planning to season it with rat feces, my desire to voice some concerns is unfounded?

GTFO with that lol

but hey people, look at subforum, everybody is excited for upright orcs!

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post

So if I order a steak and eggs, and I get an update while it's cooking that the chef is planning to season it with rat feces, my desire to voice some concerns is unfounded?

GTFO with that lol
    It's not even beta. It's alpha.

And you don't have an update like that. Blizzard has not released a report that says that they are personally planning to shit in the cereal of every priest player on the planet, but you wouldn't know it from looking. They have said that they plan to create AOE and Single Target rows, and you have decided that the lack of immediate results means that it's never going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account

GTFO with that lol
    How is it a troll? It's a completely valid defense, especially when people start complaining about classes and specs that haven't even been changed yet and are still balanced around having tons of weapon talents for a weapon that isn't even going to be in the game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    but hey people, look at subforum, everybody is excited for upright orcs!
    ye

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

He may think of it what he wants, Priests have historically been one of the last classes to get decent classchanges/updates. You think it' s abnormal when they react as such when there is nothing that makes them feel otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    How is it a troll? It's a completely valid defense, especially when people start complaining about classes and specs that haven't even been changed yet and are still balanced around having tons of weapon talents for a weapon that isn't even going to be in the game anymore.

ye
    well they have been changed and the people are reacting to the changes. i dont get your point. its not like the datamine changes are made up of thin air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solence View Post
    well they have been changed and the people are reacting to the changes. i dont get your point. its not like the datamine changes are made up of thin air.
    My point is that you're literally bitching about Blizzard's incompetence based off of Alpha talent changes.

My point is that you're literally bitching about Blizzard's incompetence based off of Alpha talent changes.
    because they already showing their direction going into beta > release and its not even close to being good?

when will people like "its only aplha wait for beta/release/patch .1/patch 1.5" die out

It's not even beta. It's alpha.

And you don't have an update like that. Blizzard has not released a report that says that they are personally planning to shit in the cereal of every priest player on the planet, but you wouldn't know it from looking. They have said that they plan to create AOE and Single Target rows, and you have decided that the lack of immediate results means that it's never going to happen.
    A) Yes, we do have updates. They're called "Alpha builds" and there have been changes to Shadow. There is absolutely nothing wrong with making comments about said changes.

B) They've been claiming to follow the "no ST and AoE mix tier" design goal for longer than the Alpha's been around, and yet they specifically and consciously put ST talents and AoE talents together. How is that not something to comment on? It would be far from the first time Blizz says one thing and does another. Stuff we hate can easily go live, so it makes sense to speak out against it ASAP, on the chance we can get it fixed.

C) You're strawmanning the players you're arguing against. Nobody is saying "It's never going to happen fuck blizz," we're saying, "Hey this is going in a bad direction, let's fix it please."

I mean, to be fair to your perspective, there's always gonna be a lot of bitchy hyperbole, people throwing their hands in the air and going "FUCK OMG EVERTHING SUCKS BLIZZ IS SHTI." But your failure is to give these comments a voice. They don't mean anything; they exist because people have emotions, but they're functionally useless. Just ignore them. There's plenty of REAL and VALID constructive criticism/feedback out there that is worth engaging. It's these comments I'm defending, not the crybabies.

Wat? I dunno, maybe there's context I missed in the lead up, but I thought we were talking about Shadowpriests (considering this is a Shadow post on the Priest forum, cough cough), in which case there have been changes made that are worth discussing. But since you mention it, even though I didn't think it was relevant, I would consider feedback that "my spec hasn't even been touched yet" to be somewhat less valid than feedback about actual changes.

But just in general, I'm wildly opposed to any argument that tries to discredit honest feedback on the basis that "it's just beta." Discredit whining, sure. But know the difference first, and don't be a dumbass by assigning the "whining" label to any feedback you don't care about or agree with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wat? I dunno, maybe there's context I missed in the lead up, but I thought we were talking about Shadowpriests (considering this is a Shadow post on the Priest forum, cough cough), in which case there have been changes made that are worth discussing. But since you mention it, even though I didn't think it was relevant, I would consider feedback that "my spec hasn't even been touched yet" to be somewhat less valid than feedback about actual changes.

But just in general, I'm wildly opposed to any argument that tries to discredit honest feedback on the basis that "it's just beta." Discredit whining, sure. But know the difference first, and don't be a dumbass by assigning the "whining" label to any feedback you don't care about or agree with.
    I mean if you want to consider a class to be touched after receiving small talent changes, then yeah, I guess Shadow Priests received their changes.

I mean if you want to consider a class to be touched after receiving small talent changes, then yeah, I guess Shadow Priests received their changes.
    There's more than "small talent changes": Voidform haste & CDR halved (which has an exponential effect), shorter DoTs, and most controversial: SW: D moved to talent.

But, really, the point you're missing: devs consciously chose to make these changes. So, yes, perhaps the talents are just placeholder or wacky ideas to test. But that possibility doesn't make feedback irrelevant... Even Blizz has a class alpha forum up lol

In fact, remember their last wacky idea... Surrender to Madness? It was revealed at Blizzcon in 2015, went live almost a year later, and got nerfed within 3 months. Hmm, I wonder how people responded to S2M concerns in Legion alpha/beta
    Dark Void vs Misery. Case in point.