Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ...
26
34
35
36
  1. #701
    I miss mind flay doing anything, we pretty much only cast it as a clip filler between voidbolts and mindblasts, it has always felt terrible to me to do this. I want something like insanity talent back that gave a big emphasis on casting a strong full channel mind flay.

  2. #702
    I’m feeling the same thing as most people already mentioned, the urge to just exit voidform asap and cast another Void Eruption.

    Maybe if we have something like when each stack of Voidform increase damage of your next Eruption/Ascension, lasts until you cast your VE/DA that would be some incentive to stay as long as you can in Voidform while making Eruption hits really hard(It is what they’re trying to do after all)
    Last edited by Ibanism; 2018-07-19 at 05:50 AM.

  3. #703
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,255
    They should make lingering insanity baseline to speed up the spec and then make it add damage to void eruption per stack, so the longer you stay in void form the stronger your next void eruption would be.

  4. #704
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    I miss mind flay doing anything, we pretty much only cast it as a clip filler between voidbolts and mindblasts, it has always felt terrible to me to do this. I want something like insanity talent back that gave a big emphasis on casting a strong full channel mind flay.
    It feels terrible especially now we don't spawn Void tentacles anymore. Nevertheless it's 2nd or 3rd when it comes to overall damage done (at least in my tests, between 15-18%) which is a bit strange based on the feeling using it. Meanwhile our DoTs plus apparitions hardly do 20% of our damage. So Mindflay alone seems to be as relevant as our DoTs (at least when it comes to ST).
    - Battle for Azeroth is the Michael Bay of WoW expansions -

  5. #705
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It feels terrible especially now we don't spawn Void tentacles anymore. Nevertheless it's 2nd or 3rd when it comes to overall damage done (at least in my tests, between 15-18%) which is a bit strange based on the feeling using it. Meanwhile our DoTs plus apparitions hardly do 20% of our damage. So Mindflay alone seems to be as relevant as our DoTs (at least when it comes to ST).
    That will change when they address the voidform vs voiderruption conflicts, when you actually want to be in voidforms and are casting mb/vbs you have a lot less time for mind flays which is a shame, i would love for it to become a thing though where mind flays are actually full channel worthy but i cannot see it ever being a thing with voidform since mb + vb spam is how the thing actually works.

    For BFA though they have a perfect opportunity to address that with the new trait system, a simple trait (hell or even just a baseline passive) that allows mind blast and void bolts cast inside voidform to not interrupt mind flay.

  6. #706
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    That will change when they address the voidform vs voiderruption conflicts, when you actually want to be in voidforms and are casting mb/vbs you have a lot less time for mind flays which is a shame, i would love for it to become a thing though where mind flays are actually full channel worthy but i cannot see it ever being a thing with voidform since mb + vb spam is how the thing actually works.

    For BFA though they have a perfect opportunity to address that with the new trait system, a simple trait (hell or even just a baseline passive) that allows mind blast and void bolts cast inside voidform to not interrupt mind flay.
    This sounds simple but is so plausible in the end: similar to Mistweaver's Soothing Mist playstyle Void Bolt and Mind Blast should both become instant and usable while channeling Mind Flay (in Void Form). Increase Mind Flay channel time, adjust damage and it would be a perfect solution and would improve Voidform gameplay a lot.
    - Battle for Azeroth is the Michael Bay of WoW expansions -

  7. #707
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    My memory could be bad, but I’m pretty sure mind flay refreshed sw: p in cata. I recall it being a great mechanic.
    It didnt do so for the entire expansion afaicr. I distinctly remember doing DS without having a refresh mechanic on flay. My memory could deceive me though. It's been a long time ago.

  8. #708
    Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    It didnt do so for the entire expansion afaicr. I distinctly remember doing DS without having a refresh mechanic on flay. My memory could deceive me though. It's been a long time ago.
    http://rpgworld.altervista.org/talen...-1,-1,-1,-1,-1

    Pain and Suffering - Mind Flay has 30% per talent point to refresh shadow word pain.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

    DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

  9. #709
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Darnassus
    Posts
    11,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It feels terrible especially now we don't spawn Void tentacles anymore. Nevertheless it's 2nd or 3rd when it comes to overall damage done (at least in my tests, between 15-18%) which is a bit strange based on the feeling using it. Meanwhile our DoTs plus apparitions hardly do 20% of our damage. So Mindflay alone seems to be as relevant as our DoTs (at least when it comes to ST).
    I know, Void Tendrils were one of my favorite additions from the last expansion and now they're gone
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  10. #710
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    http://rpgworld.altervista.org/talen...-1,-1,-1,-1,-1

    Pain and Suffering - Mind Flay has 30% per talent point to refresh shadow word pain.
    I didn't play Shadow during Cata, but looking over those talents... damn Mind Flay had a lot of cool interactions. Unlike now where it's just a filler that is cancelled anytime something more important is ready.

  11. #711
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibanism View Post
    I’m feeling the same thing as most people already mentioned, the urge to just exit voidform asap and cast another Void Eruption.

    Maybe if we have something like when each stack of Voidform increase damage of your next Eruption/Ascension, lasts until you cast your VE/DA that would be some incentive to stay as long as you can in Voidform while making Eruption hits really hard(It is what they’re trying to do after all)
    We wouldn't have this problem if they didn't nerf void form to shit, the problem was the length of time staying in voidform got to absurd levels that needed to be adressed, but at the same time they just nerfed the shit out of everything else like .5% haste... that wasn't the issue :l
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  12. #712
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    http://rpgworld.altervista.org/talen...-1,-1,-1,-1,-1

    Pain and Suffering - Mind Flay has 30% per talent point to refresh shadow word pain.
    RIGHT! Totally forgot about that

  13. #713
    Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    I didn't play Shadow during Cata, but looking over those talents... damn Mind Flay had a lot of cool interactions. Unlike now where it's just a filler that is cancelled anytime something more important is ready.
    Cata was a great time to be a SPriest. T13 opening was a bit meh but it was a genuinely fun spec even though I never bothered with the Legendary staff (I had it on my Ele Shaman lul).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •