Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thoughtsieze (NYI)

Thoughtsieze (NYI) (New) Steals a beneficial magic effect from the target. This effect lasts a maximum of 2 min. Activating this spell again will transfer the effect to a friendly target. 1 Runes. 40 yd range. Instant.

My boner, has a boner. It's not listed under any specific spec. I hope it's baseline.. This, 10% more healing on death strike, and old Death's Advance made me excited for the expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Awfulx View Post
    old Death's Advance
    New Death's Advance is not old Death's Advance.

Old Death's Advance had a passive movement speed boost and an active movement speed boost.

New Death's Advance has only a passive snare reduction but its active makes you "resist forced movement effects by 80%, and you are immune to external knockbacks."

Thoughtsieze (NYI) (New) Steals a beneficial magic effect from the target. This effect lasts a maximum of 2 min. Activating this spell again will transfer the effect to a friendly target. 1 Runes. 40 yd range. Instant.

My boner, has a boner. It's not listed under any specific spec. I hope it's baseline.. This, 10% more healing on death strike, and old Death's Advance made me excited for the expac.
    i dont even play death knight, i read this new ability and i too am now boned up.

Deleted

New spell sounds indeed awesome. But the increased DS Healing is most likely to compensate the loss of Carrion Feast Trait.

10+ Year Old Account
    love it, gonna have fun with it like with dark simulacrum most likely
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Mastery: Dreadblade Increases all Shadow damage done Increases your Shadow damage abiilites by [*225% of Spell Power*]%. Death Knight - Unholy Spec.
    bye bye increase dmg from trinkets.... while retri still have his....
    and that % of spell power, wtf, are we going to have spell power now ???

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes one pine for the old days of dark simulacrum...

But I think we all know what they need to bring back...

SHADOW OF DEATH!
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by archidar View Post
    bye bye increase dmg from trinkets.... while retri still have his....
    and that % of spell power, wtf, are we going to have spell power now ???
    You havent seen datamining before, have you?..

Thoughtseize looks great! There are a few things in this build that worry me, understanding that this is Alpha and not just likely, but practically guaranteed to change prior to release. Thoughtseize, however, is one hell of a silver lining. Sounds very cool.

But Thoughtsieze is a typo, yes? It should be seize?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    this is a better version of the mages spellsteal. we can not only steal a buff, but also give it to someone else, which gives the DK a little bit of utility

Deleted
    But it might be difficult to steal the right spell you want. Lets say enemy has 5 beneficial spells on, you use Thoughtsieze and get something random use Thoughtsieze again and grant spell to ally, already 2 runes gone. With full 6 runes we can try maximum 3 times so dispelling or getting the right buff will be difficult. That being said I am super excited about the ability.

How sad is that the only cool ability given to DKs this expansion was removed with no clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    How sad is that the only cool ability given to DKs this expansion was removed with no clarification.
    It got nerfed hard, didn't it? It's just an offensive dispell now which retuns 2RP to us. While that is kinda lame, it has it's uses, like these annoying elementals in MOTHERLODE that keep buffing themselves with a shield. The nerfed version at least has a lower cooldown though, like 10 sec.

I'm not even surprised, really. Dark Simulacrum was never really worth it either or didn't work properly. This one would have had the same issues essentially. The dispell has at least some uses I guess amd won't be too OP.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-04-06 at 04:55 AM.

Thoughtseize never really made sense for Death Knights. We aren't the "buff friendly players" type of class. Death Knights are much more practical and self-motivated from a fantasy standpoint. The new ability Reap Magic is much more appropriate.

I'd bet money it will only work on a handful of PVE targets. Probably really useful in 1-2 Mythic+ dungeons, and maybe moderately useful on 1-2 raid bosses over the entire expansion. Other than than, it will be a PVP spell that won't be used effectively by 95% of the player population but which Gladiator-level players will use to devastating effect early on, which will cause it to be nerfed at least 2-3 times before it becomes "meh".

And here I thought that Death Knights finally had a way to force people to discard.

10+ Year Old Account
    atleast i dont have to waste a rune now to give someone a buff
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    I'd bet money it will only work on a handful of PVE targets. Probably really useful in 1-2 Mythic+ dungeons, and maybe moderately useful on 1-2 raid bosses over the entire expansion. Other than than, it will be a PVP spell that won't be used effectively by 95% of the player population but which Gladiator-level players will use to devastating effect early on, which will cause it to be nerfed at least 2-3 times before it becomes "meh".
    People often forget that dks in MoP and wod? could dispell buffs using glyph.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    But it might be difficult to steal the right spell you want. Lets say enemy has 5 beneficial spells on, you use Thoughtsieze and get something random use Thoughtsieze again and grant spell to ally, already 2 runes gone. With full 6 runes we can try maximum 3 times so dispelling or getting the right buff will be difficult. That being said I am super excited about the ability.
    Typically they will code buffs in an order that it will steal a more beneficial buff first. For example say a mage has slow fall and ice barrier up, the ability would steal ice barrier. Otherwise we're back to the old covering buffs with buffs days; but who knows it could roll out total shit and take them all expansion to tune it correctly.