Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    good now remove flame shock cd too and we are fine..

Make lightning Bolt castable on the move and we are peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Why even keep asking for that? We all know it will never happen again. They constantly say they don't want ranged to be so mobile ever again.

Thank god icefury is back. Why is echo still at talent instead of baseline? Expac after expac that one question leaves me scratching my head. It's a talent choice that makes the spec feel like it's playing as intended, options like that aren't meaningful or engaging.

Haha. Seeing the state of Ele in the Alpha a couple of days ago and then reading the changes in the current build made me think the dev behind Demo Warlocks somehow got their hands on the code and then was quickly yanked back to their holding cell.
    Quote Originally Posted by nordark View Post
    good now remove flame shock cd too and we are fine..
    But then we could multi DoT and that would ruin the fantasy for all the Lock, Boomy and SPriest players just like Gust of Wind was too close to Blink.

Nvm

Still interesting that they basically reset shaman to our current gameplay with a few altered talents. Glad to see CL added to High Voltage though. It won't make up for the damage boost of our current Stormkeeper, but I'll help keep our AoE burst high.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2018-02-23 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Incorrect information
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Earth Shock only costs 60 maelstrom now. Is Fulmination gone? I hope so, cuz it's gonna suck trying to find the chance to cast lightning bolts on people before it runs out in PvP.

I like the most Talent changes in this build.

But the choices on Tier45 is to hard...
    I want at least 2 of the 3 options.

I wish Echo would be baseline or they switch positions of IceFury and Storm keeper there.

That would allow us to play a proper Ice Fury build or a cool LB based Build

And for IceFury i guess, we want to spec in the "new" talent - Master of the Elements -,
    But with only 1 Charge of LvB its odd to gambel for a Surge proc.

Is anything known about Shamans "Raid" Buff?
    Iirc Shamans are the only Class left without a Raidbuff yet, right?
    Last edited by Mordog; 2018-02-23 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordog View Post
    I like the most Talent changes in this build.

But the choices on Tier45 is to hard...
    I want at least 2 of the 3 options.

I wish Echo would be baseline or they switch positions of IceFury and Storm keeper there.

That would allow us to play a proper Ice Fury build or a cool LB based Build

And for IceFury i guess, we want to spec in the "new" talent - Master of the Elements -,
    But with only 1 Charge of LvB its odd to gambel for a Surge proc.

Is anything known about Shamans "Raid" Buff?
    Iirc Shamans are the only Class left without a Raidbuff yet, right?
    Ya the 45 tier is a god tier. Echo should be baseline by now. Literally every other row is very dull, with Seismic Armor still holding the title of worst talent ever created.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post

Didn't the patch notes just say that lightning bolt is going to be an instant cast at like 50% SP?

Edit:

Just checked it.

BLAM!

•Lightning Bolt Hurls a bolt of lightning at the target, dealing [ 50.31% of Spell Power ] Nature damage. Generates 8 6 Maelstrom. Shaman - Elemental Spec. 40 yd range. Instant.
    Last edited by Tholl; 2018-02-23 at 02:15 PM.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    Didn't the patch notes just say that lightning bolt is going to be an instant cast at like 50% SP?

Edit:

Just checked it.

BLAM!

•Lightning Bolt Hurls a bolt of lightning at the target, dealing [ 50.31% of Spell Power ] Nature damage. Generates 8 6 Maelstrom. Shaman - Elemental Spec. 40 yd range. Instant.
    It's not instant, that's just a datamine issue (just took these screenshots on alpha):

http://bfa.wowhead.com/spell=188196/lightning-bolt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    It's not instant, that's just a datamine issue (just took these screenshots on alpha):

http://bfa.wowhead.com/spell=188196/lightning-bolt
    Son of a...

*Shakes fist at sky*

DAMN YOUS BLIZZARD! DAMN YOUS TO HELL!!!!!
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Wow, Ele Shams don't get a single new button to push via the talent tree, except that pitiful earth shield. Dark days are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    Son of a...

*Shakes fist at sky*

DAMN YOUS BLIZZARD! DAMN YOUS TO HELL!!!!!
    Rule of thumb, Data mining usually contains a handful errors, a cast being incorrectly flagged as instant is quite common.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Wow, Ele Shams don't get a single new button to push via the talent tree, except that pitiful earth shield. Dark days are coming.
    Elemental Blast, Icefury (Frost shock)?

Stormkeeper / Liquid Magma totem as well if you count 1min CD's.

Too bad they didn't axe Liquid Magma for Volcanic Rage.

However, i'm quite pleased with those changes, that Fulmination and Epicenter kicked the bucket is good.

A few interesting changes:

Earth shock now has a fixed Maelstrom cost at 60, which means Elemental has a 40 Maelstrom buffer zone before wasting Maelstrom.
    I like that, if you foresee that you have to move in a few seconds, you just keep generating Maelstrom and then can press ES during movement without wasting Maelstrom.
    They should increase Aftershock refund to 33%, so you could Earth shock twice in a row if you're at 100 Maelstrom, right now you're exactly 2 Maelstrom off.

Icefury being back with some talent support via Master of the Elements is good, Icefury and Frost shock are going by the current numbers your hardest hitting spells by far.
    With more room due the Maelstrom generation nerfs, it's easier to line up Lava Bursts and Frost shock / Icefuy for maximizing Master of the Elements.

Admittedly, having Icefuy and Echo of the Elements on the same tier hurts, but i have to play it get an idea how difficult it would be to buff Icefury + as many Frost shocks as possible without EotE.

Elemental Attunement seems just weird, i mean it just slaps 30 seconds off SE / FE CD - that's it? I'm not against Elementals actually being a powerful CD, but this talent seems rather bland and those Eles seriously need to pack a punch to stand up to Stormkeeper / Ascendance.

While Gust of Wind might not return, i hope they change Spirit wolf, or at least inverse the effect, that spending time outside of GW gives you a greater but decreasing MS buff once you enter GW instead of speeding up while being in GW, spending time in GW during combat feels bad because you can't cast, rewarding this via MS speed / Dmg reduction seems counterintuitive.

From what i have seen of the latest build, elemental still is shit...it has no AoE, single target is very poor, and self healing is non existent, the guy i was watching could barely go through mobs without getting killed and had to stop all the time to heal through healing surge(which btw heals for nothing).

What is worse is that there is always some retard saying "hey it's alpha, numbers don't matter" and we end up with the same crap we had at the start of Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Rule of thumb, Data mining usually contains a handful errors, a cast being incorrectly flagged as instant is quite common.

Elemental Blast, Icefury (Frost shock)?

Stormkeeper / Liquid Magma totem as well if you count 1min CD's..
    None of those are new. We have them now in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    None of those are new. We have them now in Legion.
    Outside of one for replacing Gust of Wind, i don't really mind.

I mean Blizzard said right off the bat that there won't be any groundbreaking class changes.

Elemental actually received quite a lot of new talents compared to other specs (Arms, Fury, BM, all Mage specs)

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    From what i have seen of the latest build, elemental still is shit...it has no AoE, single target is very poor, and self healing is non existent, the guy i was watching could barely go through mobs without getting killed and had to stop all the time to heal through healing surge(which btw heals for nothing).

What is worse is that there is always some retard saying "hey it's alpha, numbers don't matter" and we end up with the same crap we had at the start of Legion.
    Isn't every class garbage due to the ilvls they are scaling people to? And the numbers can be easily adjusted. That is way better than having a completely mechanically broken spec. It's a step in the right direction.

I could not complete my ele artifact q in ele spec had to spec enhancement lol. Didn't touch spec until 110 and reasonable gear levels. Ele is always shit start of expansions don't expect much.

I am looking forward to flame shock cd change but its unlikely they reworked fire elemental to make flame shock maelstrom generator when it out. And storm elemental talent copypasta of Ret's Crusade and Balance's Moon and Fire trait granting haste with each cast. Its gonna be no brainer talent in high gear levels.

There are so many dead and underpowered talents like Earthen Rage, Molten Fury, Seismic Armor and Elemental Attunement. I am really tired of spamming totem mastery in dungeons every 10 seconds better just make it passive. Its also bad design 15 row talent for storm totems effect doesn't work until level 78 mastery passive lol.

Master of the Elements seems weird couldn't understand its cd or passive. Devs try to combine Legendary boots and t212p effect in one talent.

Hope they test their stuff before release and give us playable spec from start this time. Otherwise gonna reroll to moonkin or warlock sadly

Quote Originally Posted by nordark View Post

Master of the Elements seems weird couldn't understand its cd or passive. Devs try to combine Legendary boots and t212p effect in one talent.
    I'm glad they're trying to roll the Boots effect into a talent since I enjoy the proc playstyle it brings but if they want to also roll in the 2 PC effect I think it needs to lose the RNG.

I'd prefer them to split the effects into 2 Talents and just copy the current Leggo and set piece effects. Have one give ES a chance to consume no Maelstrom and have the other make Lavaburst increase the damage to your next ES or Frostshock. We have a number of crappy talents so replacing one with either of the above would be nice.

Personally I wish Stormkeeper was a baseline CD. Put the Leggo Boot effect in its place as a talent.