Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the first time since BC dropped, I am going to main something other than a shaman. I have struggled through every pre-patch/new expac because it's always been my favourite and most fun class, even switching from ele to enh in WoD because I wasn't willing to give up, but the changes to the CDs and spells for both specs have made the rotation so awful that I don't want to play her. Makes me sad

The Maelstrom hotfix definitely made the spec much more fluid though. Almost makes the current meta build (EE/TM/PE/Asc or UP) kind of fun!

I really hope MotE+Icefury becomes a thing, because it's the only talent build which makes Ele feel kind of engaging.

With the hotfix, the huge amount of stats we have, boots+shoulders legen and the tier bonus, its really fluid. But at 120 with 20%crit 15%haste and 40%mastery, I think elem will be very slow to play.

Flame shock with a CD feels not very good, and it so slow. I understand the numbers squish but why the game play squish?

Is it just me or is anyone else having problems with lava surge procs? I'll get a proc in pvp or even out in the world and it wont let me shoot a lava burst and when I stop moving to hit lava burst it just starts casting and THEN uses the proc after.... It's happened on multiple occasions now and was just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

I was a huge hater on the ele sham changes, like /yelling "BLIZZ WTF" in class hall hoping a GM might see me say it lol

Anyway, I ran a few bosses in Antorus normal. My old ilvl was 960 and I did about 2.5m dps w/ Gloves/Botos legenedary. After patch, I was doing 4.5k dps, and the maelstrom improvements w/ ES only being 60 maelstrom was a HUGE HUGE improvement. I was topping charts both single target and aoe, w/ little effort. I jsut kept hitting hte key where elmental blast and the 3-auto chainlightning procs were lol.

Feels alot more legion like than i thought it would. I will see the tier 1 talent making you choose between Elemental Blast and anything else is dumb. Elemental Blast should just be baseline FFS... RNG spec, why not give RNG more stats to work with?

Flame shock having a CD is not a huge deal... Lava Burst crits w/o FS now. I multi-dotted the dogs fight but it felt real annoying trying to keep up cuz the dot duration is pretty low. I stopped multi dotting and went single target and DPS did not suffer, still got adequate lava surge procs

I REALLY miss Gust of Wind. Huge mistake by blizz there... I took the speed increase totem but 2min cd just makes it so annoying

TL/DR: dont knock it til you try it, elemental blast and gust of wind need to be baseline
    Last edited by Paviginger; 2018-07-19 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrim View Post
    Is it just me or is anyone else having problems with lava surge procs? I'll get a proc in pvp or even out in the world and it wont let me shoot a lava burst and when I stop moving to hit lava burst it just starts casting and THEN uses the proc after.... It's happened on multiple occasions now and was just curious if anyone else has experienced this.
    are you using the pvp talent that replaces lava surge? makes it deal 25% more damage but you must hardcast it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paviginger View Post
    TL/DR: dont knock it til you try it, elemental blast and gust of wind need to be baseline
    this is basically everyone's issue, we need EB/gust/no FS cooldown, but blizzard knows best (knows nothing fucking morons).

Its probably the control of lava pvp talent also I believe they reverted the lava burst always crits change to require flame shock on the target again.
    Last edited by badlogic; 2018-07-19 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paviginger View Post
    ..... Lava Burst crits w/o FS now.
    Not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    Not anymore.
    man WHAT? god damn it

TAKE THE MAELSTROM REGEN BACK YOU ASSHOLES... I can't stand the silence from the developers

@badlogic @Socialhealer OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OK that's why lmao. Now it all makes sense! Thanks you two!

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    It's depressing to even log on my shaman at the moment. I must have hit gust of wind key ten times last night in the two M+ dungeons I ran. One, full AOE spec I was getting shit on by less geared monk and DH. Then, I went ST and the spec feels so bad to play without echo and EB.
    Mages needed their identity back.

Does anyone know if anyone has made a post on the wow forums about blizzard adding all these class specific raid buffs and giving classes "identity" by what they bring to the table and asking what the hell is shamans exactly? I'm just curious and I'm too lazy to sift through that shit show.

I get pure dps being top dmg. They're pure dps I can accept if that's still their philosophy but then shouldn't hybrids at LEAST HAVE SOMETHING BENEFICIAL TO THE RAID? i.e. totem of wrath, bloodlust, SHIT EVEN STORMLASH IS GONE. I mean sure it was crap but at least we all knew "ayyyyyyyy they want us to be some kinda dps/support hybrid." It's like we were gutted and instead of putting anything back into the class we were just left to die out on the street. I just don't see how they can use the excuse of "Oh we don't think other classes should be using "mage-like" abilities." But when other classes have shaman abilities? "...oh well that's ok that's just you know making things "fair" and spread out."

Does anyone know if anyone has made a post on the wow forums about blizzard adding all these class specific raid buffs and giving classes "identity" by what they bring to the table and asking what the hell is shamans exactly? I'm just curious and I'm too lazy to sift through that shit show.
    Go watch Ions explanation over the removal of Gust of Wind / Displacer Beast.
    90% druid talk about Wild charge vs. Displacer beast

Same thing goes for buffs.
    Just talk about druids Mark of the Wild, ignoring any other class / case.

Not saying they love to talk about druid, but they love to ignore Shaman in their explanations.

They're pure dps I can accept if that's still their philosophy but then shouldn't hybrids at LEAST HAVE SOMETHING BENEFICIAL TO THE RAID? i.e. totem of wrath, bloodlust
    The problem is you're looking for consistency on an issue where no consistency exists.

I made a thread about it awhile ago: The buff / support system is totally whack.

Bloodlust is shared across 3 classes and has an profession item to substitute it.
    B-Rez is shared across 3 classes and has an profession item to substitute it.
    Buffs like Arcane Intellect / Battle Shout is brought by only one class but has an profession item to substitute it.
    Mystic touch (5% phys dmg) by Monk and Chaos Brand (5% magic dmg) by DH is brought only by one class and has no profession item to substitute it.

Four Cases, three of them are different.
    Obviously, you can argue about Tremor, but Tremor is not not compareable with any of the mentioned buffs above.
    *If* they were consistent, then B-Rez and Bl would be Druid / Shaman only in BfA, but i guess Blizzard did not have the balls to change this, or too many Warlock / Mage players in their dev team.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2018-07-21 at 11:56 AM.

i just did a couple bosses on LFR to test the playstyle, the flame shock change didnt really bother me because of the design decision to focus on on lightning bolt, lava burst procs much higher now, I noticed that casting lava burst was a dps loss. gust of wind is real kick in the balls + getting used to ghost wolf defensive irritating. My overall feel is that yea elemental works skeleton is there, its just they need to make a final design choice. I might stick with elemental if the dps is fine, ele is still playable.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    4% buff! Wooohooo -_-'

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Earth Shock is so incredibly boring to use. The skill hits like a truck but there's no animation to go with it. I mean why don't they just implement the WoD "lightning" effect for Earth Shock?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Earth Shock is so incredibly boring to use. The skill hits like a truck but there's no animation to go with it. I mean why don't they just implement the WoD "lightning" effect for Earth Shock?
    I'm guessing it was removed because it was Fulmination that did that, not sure though. But yes, the shocks are awfully boring to look at. They should honestly just bring back Fulmination or the Lightning Shield stacks, that was much more fluid than Maelstrom which feels worse than ever.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I'm guessing it was removed because it was Fulmination that did that, not sure though. But yes, the shocks are awfully boring to look at. They should honestly just bring back Fulmination or the Lightning Shield stacks, that was much more fluid than Maelstrom which feels worse than ever.
    Yeah I know that Fulmination and Earth Shock consuming Lightning Shield stacks was the reason for the animation but c'mon, we need something. As it is now it's just incredibly disappointing. You've got such a hard hitter and you don't see it.

Or maybe give it an "earth spike" animation that you impale the enemy, which would make sense due to it being "Earth" Shock. I think we already had an animation like that as well.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Or maybe give it an "earth spike" animation that you impale the enemy, which would make sense due to it being "Earth" Shock. I think we already had an animation like that as well.
    Enhancement already has Earthen Spike, that's why they probably not use it.

To be honest, what "earth shock" actually is, is rather ambiguous, you don't hit people with a Rock / Earth, it's just a "shock of concussive force".
    In my opinion, they should rework / rename all those shock spells anyway, they no longer share a CD, so the names are kept purely for nostalgia.

Just make Earth shock a "Lightning Strike", you call down a massive Bolt of Lightning that strikes the target, same functionality, just a new name / icon fitting for new animation.