Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    Opposite of what you imply is true.

Fantasy != no rules
    Fantasy = to define as much rules as possible.

And I have not seen a fantasy explanation (or not as detailed explanation) as to why cat could blink as opposite to "magical fireball from human".

Have you not played D&D?

EDIT : in fact, the lore maker in WOW are so afraid that you do not believe "human" could cast "fireball" that they made pages upon pages of written material defining magic in wow, where it came from, its limitation, how human get to learn magic. Its not because "oh wait, its fantasy".
    I know D&D very well. I just also know the WOW community very well and I will never forget how "upset" many were when Humans were able to become Hunters. Utterly ridiculous (the reaction, not human hunters), so I am iffy when it comes to WOW community "problems" with classes and class abilities.

And by the way, talking D&D, Guenhwyvar the panther can travel between planes... Nothing is impossible in fantasy and I have no problem seeing Displacer Beast as a fitting cat ability.

oh, and that:
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Given you bring up D&D, you should know of at least one fantasy explanation for a cat who can blink:
    look up Blink Dog, look up Displacer Beast, realize blizz is lazy and took inspiration from the former, and the name from the latter, and applied it to an existing druid form: the cat. Done.
    and this:
    Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    Opposite of what you imply is true.
    EDIT : in fact, the lore maker in WOW are so afraid that you do not believe "human" could cast "fireball" that they made pages upon pages of written material defining magic in wow, where it came from, its limitation, how human get to learn magic. Its not because "oh wait, its fantasy".
    so they applied their FANTASY to write the fantastical ruleset. Or are you implying that they got those written commandments from some higher WOW being? They created their fantasy world and they can expand on it however they, the creators of it, please.
    Last edited by Crovyn; 2018-02-07 at 04:33 AM.

Yes, I'm sure cloak would be great at 120. Not to mention the 21 seconds of angelform probably contributes to that number.
    This is also misreading data. Druids are sturdy without a cd. Priests can res every 10 minutes and shamans have ankh. Looking at death timers doesn't really give the right conclusion.
    I mean have a little sanity w.r.t what you're saying. Linking something that shows holy priests are survival gods is obviously broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovyn View Post
    I know D&D very well. I just also know the WOW community very well and I will never forget how "upset" many were when Humans were able to become Hunters. Utterly ridiculous (the reaction, not human hunters), so I am iffy when it comes to WOW community "problems" with classes and class abilities.

And by the way, talking D&D, Guenhwyvar the panther can travel between planes... Nothing is impossible in fantasy and I have no problem seeing Displacer Beast as a fitting cat ability.

oh, and that:

and this:

so they applied their FANTASY to write the fantastical ruleset. Or are you implying that they got those written commandments from some higher WOW being? They created their fantasy world and they can expand on it however they, the creators of it, please.
    Guenhwyvar not really a panther, she is from another plane all together. And is at least as intelligent as any human if not smarter. Shamans r losing gust of winds and r already way less mobile than druids, so ur all not the only ones getting shafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Guenhwyvar not really a panther, she is from another plane all together. And is at least as intelligent as any human if not smarter. Shamans r losing gust of winds and r already way less mobile than druids, so ur all not the only ones getting shafted.
    Feral Druids are also not really cats but Night Elfs or Tauren transformed into cats.

I've been enjoying displacer and surviving tools including fr on my rdruid. I'm not sure how other healers fare, but I definitely have been feeling safer on rdruid than on rshaman I also play, I just know that often I can just ignore some incoming damage even if I semi-fail mechanics, and fr could often contribute quite a bit to my hps similar to a good trinket proc with around 3% heal contribution on some mythic fights. In terms of mobility, I can say that I feel almost as mobile on my rshaman as on rdruid, while gust of wind feels clumsy compared to displacer, I don't really spec into gow often, graceful spirit is hands down better most of the time, just chain healing on the move with a very short cd.