Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Know what this reminds me of? It reminds me of almost 2 years ago, watching beta footage of arms with Focused Rage wrecking people in BGs and hitting mobs super hard, and I was like "Oh awesome, MS like, actually hurts players now, like it did back in Vanilla? Ok, count me in I want to play again. Then, I got beta and liked it, and was like ok, I'm re subbing (GJ getting me on that Blizzard) Then, it was nerfed. And nerfed again, and again... oh, and again. And it went to tickling people again, and then arms sucked in pve too and I had to go Fury for NH.

Yeah, that's what this reminds me of.

Deleted
    Mastery doesn't look fun though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds exciting but I am remaining cautiously optimistic.

I'm pretty sure with the increase to Csmash's CD on top of no way to refresh it, they are making Csmash the DPS CD for Arms warriors now instead of recklessness.. Not sure how I feel about that, Recklessless certainly feels more noticeable as a DPS CD with constant crits... Csmash is just 'increased dmg lmao'

Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    I'm pretty sure with the increase to Csmash's CD on top of no way to refresh it, they are making Csmash the DPS CD for Arms warriors now instead of recklessness.. Not sure how I feel about that, Recklessless certainly feels more noticeable as a DPS CD with constant crits... Csmash is just 'increased dmg lmao'
    Seems like they're changing Recklessness/Battle Cry anyway. Currently it only gives rage, no crit buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we please push the devs to making a sword and board dps spec?

What's so exciting about deep wounds? People love it, it's just a passive. It doesn't actually add anything to the spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg no, why just why did they have to make Arms great again, now I won't be able to decide. Fuck this sounds great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    What's so exciting about deep wounds? People love it, it's just a passive. It doesn't actually add anything to the spec.
    Just sounds and feels good , hearing all of those bloody sound effects, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrill View Post
    Just sounds and feels good , hearing all of those bloody sound effects, so good.
    And what does it offer to those of us who aren't Magpies?

Don't get too excited. Remember what happens to arms every expansion before it goes live.

making skills baseline is more fun, who would have thought. oh yeah, a certain mythic raider does not.

About time they made overpower baseline again.

7+ Year Old Account
    i think they want to change how arms work a bit, not only as pure dealer damage, but with a bit of dots management, you can go red or trauma with dep wounds and hurt people with overpower and mortal strike.

i don't know if i like it or no, i wish only one dot applied by mortal strike, like it was in MOP.

I rly like it overpower baseline, and i wish they or remove or rework second wind, fuck this skill

Im loving the changes im seeing. IF most of this makes its way into BfA, it might make me come back to the warrior from my Frost DK (of course it dependings on whats in store for frost dks as well :P)

"big changes' seems abit overblown.

Fundamentally, Arms won't play much different than it does now with those changes.
    Numbers wise, it is a much better approach to not have such an enormous amount of your damage depend on a single debuff from an RNG proc.

I was really hoping for more interesting class fantasy utility, especially in an expansion that is introduced in faction war.
    Like a battle commander, with banners, more demoralizing and inspiring shouts, less focus on selfish utility.

I mean, Saurfang in the BfA trailer literally picks up a small horde banner and rallies his troops behind him and charges into combat. THAT is the Warrior i want to see.

I'm especially concerned about the removal of Shockwave for Arms and Fury. Since we do not have better utility like Bloodlust, combat rez, aoe stealth, gateway/healthstone, mass dispel, etc. Wich will make them very low value in M+.
    Last edited by Powell; 2018-01-29 at 05:02 PM.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    I'm especially concerned about the removal of Shockwave for Arms and Fury. Since we do not have better utility like Bloodlust, combat rez, aoe stealth, gateway/healthstone, mass dispel, etc. Wich will make them very low value in M+.
    Rallying cry is quite usefull for big hits (like first boss in BRH)

Also they are nerfing all the AoE stuns for quite obvious reason (m+)

Also Battle Shout is back (5% str and agi) and who knows what we'll get instead of Shockwave (we still have storm bolt)

One thing I want to return is Skull Banner (20% crit damage for whole party). Right now we have only one major raidwide dps CD (heroism) It would be really great if Skull Banner returned (but that would probably mean, warriors would be "must have" for m+)

Deleted
    Just waiting for the typical Blizzard shenanigans and stunts, luring people in with kinda interesting changes, getting them excited and in Beta, they will use the nerf hammer again and destroy all the fun stuff classes have, because.. you know, players aren't supposed to have that.

Although, if these changes survive into BfA in a proper form, it might be a very good time to play my Orc Warrior (on top of the new model without a hunch).

Looks like Avatar is going to be a much stronger option since we won't have a way to frontload burst damage outside of CS.

My deciding factor (for maining this xpac) is if CS is off the gcd or not. But I'm already going to be playing my arms warrior plenty more than in Legion since I was cucked by the rng gods all expansion (no ring no life).
    Overpower making a return is cool, and never should've been pruned to start with. It's also reminding me of the Heroic Strike Overpower combo from MoP, but refined, and far more balanced (600% HS crits were redonk).
    Cleave being a talent is ridiculously dumb though. But then again, warriors were fairly broken in rbgs when they could spread Deep Wounds with almost no downside, which basically amounted to free pressure.

Also.
    FREEDOM FROM THE TYRANNY OF MASTERY GEAR.
    Thank god crit is going to have value again.

they need to comeback with stances...

arms one - nothing
    defensive - -20% damage -20% damage received
    fury - +20 damage increase +30% damage received.

it would make at least some kind of decision making happen...