Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ...
26
34
35
36
  1. #701
    Brewmaster shade3891's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,257
    Playing beta atm so far loving the Outlaw Rogue! It could be a little faster on the energy regen*, but i think getting 120 gear will fix that. I am running with SnD, not a big fan of RtB.

    * If they reduce Sinister strike energy cost by 10 that would work too.

  2. #702
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbler View Post
    Not really sure I understand your reasoning, you'd rather have to talent into an ability you previously had and lose the other choices in that tier than have an ability you might not have to always use?
    Also, SW: D was a key shadow priest ability. very handy large instant damage you can use to proc Twist of Fate. Makes you pay attention to health of all the mobs around you and not just AoE zerg everything. Shadowburn was also quite useful for destro locks to build burning embers faster during execute phases.
    If the other choices were not that compelling and the removal of the execute men't that the class did not have to be balanced around having it baseline, then yes as it opens up other avenues. Sure its not nice to lose things, but if you can see past that and the opportunities it presents are potentially better thats only a good thing right?

    I agree on both count for SW and Shadowburn, but as you've said they were "handy" and "useful" not mechanically necessary for the spec to function, which was part of my point. If you had dots up on your target, which you should have as shadow, they would proc twist for you before death was available unless you were running reaper, but still it was not needed to proc ToF.

    And what you've said goes a long way to ratify what i'm saying, "large instant cast damage" but that damage is gated behind the execute health % and dependent on the content you are doing you could end up losing alot of that potential damage because of said content/mechanics or mobs dieng too fast, so having the choice to opt out of that in lieu of something more suited to what you need is a better option than being balanced around using that damage optimally and stuck with it.

  3. #703
    Is anyone else having the First of the Dead not give them the extra CPs on Shadowstrike?

  4. #704
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    Is anyone else having the First of the Dead not give them the extra CPs on Shadowstrike?
    Pretty sure it's bugged as well as T21 4pc. Prob some other things that I'm forgetting as well.

  5. #705
    Rogue outlw is superfluid in prparch, even enjoying more than in live

  6. #706
    wow this 8.0.1 is a disaster for live patch.

    Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2018-07-19 at 06:56 AM.

  7. #707
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalSniper View Post
    Rogue outlw is superfluid in prparch, even enjoying more than in live
    Feel the same, did some M+ last night with SnD and was pumping out some serious damage. Blade rush works really well when a tank is chain pulling for your opener per pack with BF up. Not once did i find myself in a cd or energy glut as i was running vigor.

    Looking forward to running it in bfa for M+ and either Assa or sub for raids

  8. #708
    Ok, i have messed just a little with my rogue and mostly with Sub. I felt like Edgy Naruto. But i had decent fun time.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  9. #709
    I'm a little confused as to which legendaries to use as Assassination during pre-patch.

    I see most people are using the Ravenholdt ring (sims also say the same) but just from the few bosses i've done it's literally doing 1-2% of my overall damage, which seems super low and feels like almost anything else would add more over a fight than that.

    Just looking at the current top parses on Garothi the ring is doing almost nothing (literally 1.27% on the top parse, doing 16.6k damage over the whole fight), i dunno if i'm missing something with it or not

    Even after stripping away a load of mastery surely bracers would be doing more than that, hell even going class run and picking up Marked for Death as well for extra Envenoms every 30 seconds seems like it'll do more damage.

    What's everyone else running with?

  10. #710
    I don't understand shadow techniques, the tooltip implies that there are at least 3 sources of damage from the ability but it's only hitting twice for me and usually totalling less damage than eviscerate. Seems like a pretty crap replacement for DFA.

  11. #711
    Quote Originally Posted by keskmaz View Post
    I don't understand shadow techniques, the tooltip implies that there are at least 3 sources of damage from the ability but it's only hitting twice for me and usually totalling less damage than eviscerate. Seems like a pretty crap replacement for DFA.
    I'll have to check but it didn't seem the case for me - as you create 2 clones and perform 3 attacks, so it has 3 entries on combat log. Though i didn't focus or specifically hunted for it.

    I'll do some tries. However it seems that the damage is tuned to be "on par" with an Eviscerate, meaning that it should be used only for cleave/aoe. DfA at least had a bonus to Eviscerate damage so it made it worth using on CD even on single target.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  12. #712
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalSniper View Post
    Rogue outlw is superfluid in prparch, even enjoying more than in live
    Haven't got to try it yet, is it still insanely rng like it was in the beginning of legion?

  13. #713
    Quote Originally Posted by Leimone View Post
    Haven't got to try it yet, is it still insanely rng like it was in the beginning of legion?
    If you play with RtB yes it is

  14. #714
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalSniper View Post
    If you play with RtB yes it is
    Hows the fun factor out of /10?

  15. #715
    Quote Originally Posted by Leimone View Post
    Hows the fun factor out of /10?
    I don't find the RNG level to be quite as bad as it had been. You're now fishing for grand melee or ruthless precision (formerly shark infested waters) rather than for just true bearing if obtaining a single buff, or any 2 buffs. It's rare that I need more than 2 re-rolls to get what I'm looking for.

    I'm not sure if it'll stay that way, but I'm having fun with it for the time being. I'd give it a 7/10 personally.

  16. #716
    Quote Originally Posted by jk5834 View Post
    I don't find the RNG level to be quite as bad as it had been. You're now fishing for grand melee or ruthless precision (formerly shark infested waters) rather than for just true bearing if obtaining a single buff, or any 2 buffs. It's rare that I need more than 2 re-rolls to get what I'm looking for.

    I'm not sure if it'll stay that way, but I'm having fun with it for the time being. I'd give it a 7/10 personally.
    I hate TB is weak now. GM is good but I prefer gameplay changing buffs.

  17. #717
    Quote Originally Posted by xZerocidex View Post
    I hate TB is weak now. GM is good but I prefer gameplay changing buffs.
    on the other hand the buff with the most QOL having the most raw dps leads to problems, like it did in legion

  18. #718
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggers1990 View Post
    I'm a little confused as to which legendaries to use as Assassination during pre-patch.

    I see most people are using the Ravenholdt ring (sims also say the same) but just from the few bosses i've done it's literally doing 1-2% of my overall damage, which seems super low and feels like almost anything else would add more over a fight than that.

    Just looking at the current top parses on Garothi the ring is doing almost nothing (literally 1.27% on the top parse, doing 16.6k damage over the whole fight), i dunno if i'm missing something with it or not

    Even after stripping away a load of mastery surely bracers would be doing more than that, hell even going class run and picking up Marked for Death as well for extra Envenoms every 30 seconds seems like it'll do more damage.

    What's everyone else running with?
    i saw this, noted the logs, and ignored the ravenholdt ring.

    You shouldn't ignore seeping scourgewing though. It's averaging 9% of my dps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •