Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Holy pala on Varimathras.

Am I the only one that just cant seem to make hps as a holy pala on Varimathras? I have an Holy Priest alt and his healing is massively better. My guild havnt made it too Mythic Varimathras yet but its only a matter of time. Since we're on Imonar atm. Im worried my healing wont be enough.
    At present my healing is close or ahead of the rest of my healers on most fights but for some reason I just cannot make hps on this fight at all. Is it common or is there a secret im out of the loop on? Any constructive help would be appreciated thanks.

Well holy priest mastery is fairly good on that fight. The dot from the boss doesn't hit for much, and the mastery from a holy priest heals for quite a bit of the passive damage on that fight, at least on normal/heroic. Can't comment on mythic atm. I haven't played a holy paladin in a long time, but I don't recall them having any hots. I was able to take my 920 priest alt on heroic, and was able to out heal our 963 paladin healer. Holy paladins just seem to be doing subpar hps for that fight, compared to other classes.

For pugs, I'd understand low HPS complaints, but for mythic guild run, as long as the active tank is not dying and the plague targets are healed up after the tick, you're doing find as paladin. You can contribute some minor amount of raid healing, but I've yet to see a guild wipe on Varimathras due to lack of raid healing.

This fight isn't about HPS, it's about preventing people from dying, so for example disc priest or any other shielding ability that bypasses healing debuff is extremely useful. Having tanks topped off before the shadow strike is also very important. Some classes can just pad hps on the passive aoe (like resto druids blanketing the raid) but that doesn't mean it's the only job in the whole fight.

Same story with coven - if you're a holy pala, your job isn't to pad hps, but to spot heal people who get debuffs and prevent them from dying / getting stunned.

On heroic there is always a possibility that the raid damage is too little in comparison to the combined healers' output therefore healing is wasted and hps doesn't do anyone's justice (except the class / person that can snipe the best). Hard to say without logs though.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies. We havnt done Mythic Coven yet. But in Heroic Coven I dont really have a problem. My hps is pretty good from spot healing people with the debuffs and tanks taking damage. Its just weird to see our 2 resto druids so far ahead of me on Varimathras compared to our usual hps. I have tried switching to mercy for the extra healing but honestly it really doesnt seem to make that much of a difference.
    I guess only just joined the guild so im trying my best to show em im not a dead weight so to have so low hps on Varimathras it was kind of like Wtf is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Tovart View Post
    Its just weird to see our 2 resto druids so far ahead of me on Varimathras compared to our usual hps.
    Resto druid is really good to cover the ticking aura (torment of fire / frost / fel). This isn't really a competition stacked in your favour... Doesn't make sense to judge holy pala from overall hps, rather from the ability to keep prio targets alive (tanks / targets of plague / charge interceptor). Resto druid can press rejuv whole fight and they won't be wrong.

You don't have to be that high on hps really for this fight as hpal. As long as nobody is dying, and you're keeping tanks and debuff targets topped before they get the shadow debuff, you're doing A-OK sir

Deleted
    I'm maining a resto shaman with good logs on every fight and resto shamans have great tools to heal this fight, but I'm slightly behind green/blue log resto druids there anyway, so I was asking myself what I was doing wrong too. But you just gotta accept that there's one fight where you can't be on top, it just favors the HoT healing style too much. I actually like, that each healer gets a boss to shine in Antorus.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=hps&boss=2069 Those statistics show that it's not you and that druids just are king on this fight, especially on mythic.
    But you could run your current logs through https://wowanalyzer.com/ just to see if you can make small improvements anyway.

Honestly, just focus on doing damage on Varimathras. As others has said, just make sure people with the debuff get topped up and throw the occasional Blessing on Sacrifice if it's needed. There's not much you can do when there's a shaman or a druid there. If people start to die on Varimathras it is most likely not a healing problem.

I talked to a holy paladin that was doing like 500k hps and changed his build, he proceeded to do 1.3m hps just because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    I talked to a holy paladin that was doing like 500k hps and changed his build, he proceeded to do 1.3m hps just because of it.
    How do you do 500k?? Most likely t he was only healing the person with the absorb shield with flash of light over and over until he went oom.. LUL

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    How do you do 500k?? Most likely t he was only healing the person with the absorb shield with flash of light over and over until he went oom.. LUL
    I have no idea how he did it.

basically I just made him go full on spamming the shit out of light of dawns (with beacon of the lightbringer included). everyone is always on a line so you just spam the spell, having it cast for free over and over again helps a lot to keep everyone up.

I dont seem to have any problem keeping up the HPS on Varimatras, though as some previous posters have said as long as noone dies you really are fine. Also it also depends how many healers you run. I have noticed that is that often people run an extra healer on some of the fights and that massively lowers the individual hps for the healers.

Keep judgment of light on the boss and use LoD on CD. Spec into T1 Crusader Strike to even get more healing out of Holy Shock and LoD. Use Holy Avenger/Artifact on CD. If the raid ever dips low for some reason pop Aura of Sac with Wings and Burst heal the raid back up to full.

Mine is consistently low on vari as well. My big heals just can't compete with the little tick raid damage that every other healer is better at. I'm a main healer in a raid guild, and my numbers are pretty decent on every other fight though, so it's not that big an issue for me.

Make the most out of your Aura of Sacrifice + Aura Mastery cd (meaning do not overlap it with Tranquility or Ascendance/Spirit Link), spam Light of Dawn (of course use Divine Purpose) and always use 4 set, it empowers your Light of Dawn to ridiculous numbers. (3 mil Ligh of Dawns with wings).
    For the Glory of Mankind

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lordrevangr View Post
    Make the most out of your Aura of Sacrifice + Aura Mastery cd (meaning do not overlap it with Tranquility or Ascendance/Spirit Link), spam Light of Dawn (of course use Divine Purpose) and always use 4 set, it empowers your Light of Dawn to ridiculous numbers. (3 mil Ligh of Dawns with wings).
    You see thats the thing, I find most of my LoD healing on this fight is just plain overhealing. The damage is so small and consistent I cant keep up with people that have constant aoe. I have tried spec'ing into lights hammer and beacon of the lightbringer is what I always use on this fight. I just find its not possible to keep up with a resto druid or a holy priest on this fight. My guild havnt said anything though so I guess they dont care lol. I guess I was worrying for nothing.
    We havnt got to Varimathras Mythic yet as we're still stuck on Imonar so my experience is still just heroic on this fight. Maybe its just that there simply isnt enough to heal for how much healing we have going out. We normally run 4 healers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just chipping in my 2cents here, on fights like Var a lot of healers lack patience. There is very little threatening damage because its a slow rot fight. Make sure you get your bang for your buck on each spell, and dont worry about wasted gcds or cds if people arnt being threatened. I basically one healed a 20m heroic Var a few weeks ago by just keeping people above 50%. Dont feel the need to bur LOD the second its up, or blast 6 million heal shocks into people at 90%. People can get a little low on that fight because all the damage is slow and predictable. Patience, and finesse are really highlighted on fights like that.

Also remember your not really there to heal the rot. If your running with basically any other healer (druid, priest, shamn...) thats their job and they do it well. If progression is your mindset remember your part of a healing team and the whole team succeeds and fails together by playing off class strenghts. Your going to throw big chunks of hp into people. So let them take a bit of damage before the nukes come out. Let the druids take the baby bleeds

Deleted
    Yeah, I do know what you mean. Its more of there isnt much spot healing to be done on that fight. If you have a demonhunter you can moreorless ignore the knock back entirely and unless you have someone put themselves on autowalk there isnt much other damage to heal.
    Last edited by mmocaff59fb7db; 2018-02-13 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Starting new thread with question.

Deleted
    Isnt this just a mindset issue?

On progress, wherever you are (normal/hc/mythic), hps and healing meters dont mean anything if your not constantly wiping because of too little healing. In my experience on the way up to Coven mythic there is very few pulls where we have wiped because there was too little HPS put out, we wipe because somone doesnt do mechanics or because healers isnt fast enough on some damage, but almost never because of HPS. On varimathras you should make sure to top of the tank whos going to get the debuff, heal the tank who just lost the debuff, and if for some reason somone else gets low. Throw a LoD mostly on CD to help heal the AoE, I also used Hammer sometimes on mythic Vari, but that wasnt necessary at all, the other healers could deal perfectly with the small AoE ticks. It was good if 2 other healers got the necrotic and had to focus on that for a few seconds.