Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    What would replace it? I enjoy having tasks to complete. I feel like chores isn't enough.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I just wanna find "my" job. Someting I love doing. Haven't found it yet sadly...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    What would replace it? I enjoy having tasks to complete. I feel like chores isn't enough.
    More time to make art.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    You are the one who wants UBI, you are the one looking lazy. I want to keep as much of my paycheck as I can, thanks. The fact that you can't handle 7.3.5 doesn't help your case too much as far as the not being lazy goes....on my god, the mobs can live through three whole attacks!? Didn't play Vanilla WoW, did you?

- - - Updated - - -

And WHO PAYS FOR IT? You have not explained this part. If I won lotto, I would quit my job, but that won't happen. As it is, its up to us to pay for ourselves, if you can't, you shouldn't have to be supported by people who do work.
    You will pay for it since you like work so much. Don't like it? Change sides the work hating camp.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if I have much of a choice on it becoming obsolete or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Menial labor & dangerous labor would be best handled by robotics/AI.

But it's healthy and almost a requirement for any person to have something to do in life, whether it's work or a hobby. I would rather see people do something they're passionate about than doing something because they have to (to survive), however.

You'd probably need, at the very least, a solid UBI system to make this work.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Yes. I want the human race to live in a type of "permanent retirement". You can work hard as a hobby, of course!

Keep in mind a few other future possibilities:

1. Full control over your body's hormones. (You could literally tell your body to make a bit more acetylcholine -- the chemical that I believe makes you feel a content/happy combo.)

2. Really really good Virtual Realities to plug into. Including ones where you have to work, for those who like that sort of thing. The Sex Virtual Realities would allow everyone to have the EXACT sex life they want, including having a different body for YOURSELF. (You could spend a few hours as an 8 foot tall muscle-bound barbarian, if you wanted.)

In other words, you could be pretty darned happy, and never run out of things to do.