Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    em what? recruting what? Last time i saw "recruting" when we got 4 horsemen. And you mean new dk players - sorry but by history they were created during WotLK.
    I'm talking about the troops we send to their doom :P

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm talking about the troops we send to their doom :P
    and you sure that we are actually ressurecting them and they are not the same troops every time with repaired armor and weapons? Didn't you think that this "troops" created only for the sake that our class hall WILL HAVE same gameplay as other classes without being castrated? Any clear confirmation that we actually raised them apart from few phrases from their "trainer"?

Oh and still - you want to be risen as new generation of DK by some deathlord called "omgdeathincarnate"?

why i am asking this - both of us know how every leader will react on raising new death knight from their own kind. They already very suspicious about Sylvanas. And now imagine what will happen if new DK start appearing from confirmed dead people? I am not sure that they will agree with it. Okay they MAYBE CAN swallow few (horsemen). But not on army scale.
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-04-11 at 04:35 PM.

Well when you first get the npc guy I'm fairly certain the flavor text mentions training new recruits. But I could be mixing that up with the other 11 order halls. That our campaign is off the rails stupid is not exactly news either tbh. Edit: In the others it is at least implied that you recruit new ones each time.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-04-11 at 04:57 PM.

yes i know aboге him (and said this above). And still - the question. IS it really confirmed that we actually raising new DK? I acknowledge existence of this "troops", but based on whole lore about being Undead and how every race react to them, i can't acknowledge that this is done for something lorewise rather than pure gameplay reasons. And honestly i would like to see the answer from blizzard about this topic... but noone asked them this clearly (or they not picked this question from all... probably because of the topic of this thread, because people will eat blizz alive if they confirm raising new DK during Legion and not adding DK class to allied races)

- - - Updated - - -

edit: or that's why they holding it onto this point. because they can turn it in their favor any way.
    1) they confirm that DK were risen during legion - and they release DK class for allied race without starting DK exipirience.
    2) they say that this is done for gameplay reason - no DK for allied races till they decicde to break the Ice on Bolvar a**
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-04-11 at 05:04 PM.

I think the way Blizzard behaves atm, we won't have any clarification on it until we get a chronicals book in 2-4 years that covers what happened during legion. It might also depend on future expansion ideas. I could see them making it hard canon if they go for another undead themed expansion and sacrifice our faction on their Altar of Stupid to the God of Ass-pull Lore. Or they will deny it and claim it was just gameplay reasons, leaving us and them with an excuse to exclude DK (and DH) from allied races and therefore the majority of the customization options in the future.

dont worry guys, eventually , they will make something, because at each neww race, there is always new post about the fact the dk can't have the new race and for what i see, they opened the door to give us a lot of new race, eventually they will have enough of all the post about it and make something

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    -sni[- (because i hate quoting big posts)
    well - THAT depends on what races they will add. Kultiras AND zandalari still have some chances to have DK in their ranks (because KT were a part of third war, and zandalari traveled to northrend and EK before/during WotLK events).
    As an example (races if added) if they still don't want to do new starting expirience for DK and go with old one:
    Ogres - big chances. they were there during whole time
    "High elves" (god please no) - Koltira is "High elf" so whatever
    Fulborg - probably no, but still have little chances
    Wildhammer - deffinetly yes.
    Arakoa - nope. Draenor inhabitants
    Forest keepers/dryads - probably nope. Dvellers of nature domain
    manari eredar - questionable.
    Broken - maaaaybe
    Drakonid - yep

and so on.

Deleted
    I wish lightforged draenei could be DK...

Deleted
    It simply would not make sense as the new races where not a part of the game a the point that you create one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramne View Post
    It simply would not make sense as the new races where not a part of the game a the point that you create one.
    Worgen and Goblins weren't.

Dark Iron, Kul Tirans and maybe some Pandaren and Zandalari were active on EK/Kalimdor during the pre-WotLK event period.

Quote Originally Posted by yion90 View Post
    I wish lightforged draenei could be DK...
    Well Void elves can be Holy Priests so that wouldn't be too far-fetched in comparison

I could see Lightforged draenei being pretty cool as DKs if their lightforged visuals become darker ones when selecting one of the DK only undead skins.
    Last edited by Nayami; 2018-05-22 at 10:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post

Dark Iron, Kul Tirans and maybe some Pandaren and Zandalari were active on EK/Kalimdor during the pre-WotLK event period.
    Well, the goblins and worgens that are Death knights are from the Steamwheedle Cartel or Arugal, so they found a way for those two..

But yeah, the Dark Irons, Kul Tirans AND Zandalari should actually be able to be Death Knights, while also making alot of sense.

A minor sacrifice to make when you get to play the most bad ass class in the game!

Seriously though, I doubt that with so many new races being added that the devs won't let any of them be DK/DH. Maybe we won't see them playable during BFA, but I'm positive that there will be new race options for these hero classes in the future.

After all, all it would take for allowing all playable races at a specific point in time to be able to choose the DK class, is for Bolvar to begin raising new death knights. It doesn't even have to be an expansion's focus. We don't even need a full fledged starting zone for new DK races, simply place them in front of Bolvar near his throne, add some backstory and send them to their faction's city, similar to the current allied races' starting experience. DH have it much worse as the only other races I can see playable as DH are elven races. Can't really imagine a DH Darkiron dwarf or a DH Zandalari, maybe a human at best as far as non-elven races go. Of course that's just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Is it not good enough that DK are so OP as it is
    lol wut?! explain yourself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Can the new allied races be demon hunters? This seems like just an issue with allied races being forced to start as low level.
    No...the only newer class the allied races can be is Monk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post

That is very much true, however they were added the exp after wotlk and I think it would be a bit late now. Also I think that blizz are lazy.

I think every class could/should be DK. I mean a DK isnt going to be picky once he raises them from the dead - 'sorry dark iron, you not like the other dorfs, you stay dead.'

Sorry for bringing up an old thread. I am just curious if there's been any new information about wether dks can play new races somewhen in the future or not. Been thinking about switching my undead to orc but if new races are an option later in the new xpac I might save some money.

Quote Originally Posted by Quulawl View Post
    Sorry for bringing up an old thread. I am just curious if there's been any new information about wether dks can play new races somewhen in the future or not. Been thinking about switching my undead to orc but if new races are an option later in the new xpac I might save some money.
    There is no new information out, but that can change. The only races that can be DK's for the time being are the races that have been available since Cataclysm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Blizz said they were considering allowing Zandalari and Dark Iron death knights, which would be cool.

The main reason they shy away from new races being DK or DH is due to the starting experience.

1) Starting way further in the leveling process
    2) Unique storylines

Both of these things are tied together. If they found a way to have DH and DK level smoothly from lower levels (say 20, which is the level the allied races start) they could definitely make an existing story for them. The whole issue is abilities are unlocked so late in the leveling process for both those classes that changing what level they start at would be awkward and lead to a whole slew of coding bugs. They'd almost have to have two sets of classes pretending to be the same class, one class that starts at 20 and one that starts at the regular DH/DK levels.

As far as storyline goes,

DKs - Ebon Blade was raising defeated heroes on the Broken Isles and the Broken Shore. This included Nightborne, Highmountain, etc. Void Elven DKs could just as easily be power hungry blood elf death knights looking to get into even more dubious magics, thus transitioning to void.

DHs - Probably limited to Velf and Nightborne. DH can transition from belf to velf, and Nightborne's storyline of the legion invading Suramar and ruining everything is basically exactly what the Belf and Nelf DH went through. After Suramar was freed from the demons, some Nightborne joined the Illidari.
    I think we can just neglect the start level, at most do that allied race dk and dh will not receive heritatge set due to being heroic classes.