Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Noo...

you, as the Deathlord, channeled Bolvar's power to raise the Four Horsemen.

There is no evidence of any kind that shows that the Ebon Blade can make new Death Knights without Bolvar's power. And even then, ONLY the Deathlord seems to be able to do this, and ONLY when Bolvar wants him/her to do so.

The guy who recruits new DK troops never says he is raising new DKs. For all we know, he's rounding up stray/disenfranchised DKs from Northrend or something.
    someone with the brain!
    and then imagine how this "new raised" DK after 50 levels... SUDDENLY BECOME THE DEATHLORD DURING LEGION (yeah i know that zandalari and DI are questionable during Legion, but on SOME, not big, like renegade from zandalari during WotLK and moira DI follower) and... wow... time paradox... Deathlord raised new DK, who suddenly become the Deathlord later...

you can't just alter their starting expirience. They need totaly new lore. With confirmation that they are new generation, wich were created during legion, higher starting level, with reactions of factions on this happening and etc. etc. or tie them with existing races (and make official statement, that highmountain were normal taurens and cenarius blessed them, NB were NE who changed sides, VE too, and zandalari choose to ally with horde cause maybe fear of rejection from their kind)
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-02-08 at 10:00 AM.

Deleted
    In the current Alpha build, Dark Irons can be DKs: http://www.wowhead.com/news=281631/e...-and-npc-races

I would pay good money to get Zandalari Death knights. I'm just sick of all the horde races and want to try something new.

Pretty much every Azerothian race makes sense as a Death Knight story wise since the Scourge spent the whole WotLK pre-launch event invading everywhere. It's only races who weren't able to physically come into contact with them, like Nightborne or Lightforged, that wouldn't fit in particularly well.

The main reason none of the new races can be Death Knights is probably because it's awkward to tweak the DK starting experience and have consistent rules with heritage armour when one class can start off at 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehr View Post
    Night Elf society is completely against all forms of the Arcane, because their use of Arcane power pre-War of the Ancients is the reason the Burning Legion was able to locate and then invade Azeroth. After the Sundering, the use of the Arcane was essentially banned (that's why Malfurion imprisoned Illidan, because Illidan created another Well of Eternity within Hyjal), and the entire Night Elf culture transitioned to Druidism.
    So....I'm not arguing with your retelling of what the lore states, but that lore in and of itself doesn't make sense to me. Moonkin Druids draw power from the sun (nature damage) and from the moon (arcane damage). Half of the spells Moonkins perform are arcane...

Quote Originally Posted by Uniel View Post
    So....I'm not arguing with your retelling of what the lore states, but that lore in and of itself doesn't make sense to me. Moonkin Druids draw power from the sun (nature damage) and from the moon (arcane damage). Half of the spells Moonkins perform are arcane...
    That's like saying warlocks and mages are the same because they can both make fire, the fire is identical but the source isn't. In universe spells don't have a damage family associated to them, a druid doesn't "deal arcane damage" they "summon the power of the moon" of course it says arcane for balance and consistency reasons in game

Quote Originally Posted by Uniel View Post
    Hey all - MMO has recently been doing an in-depth view into the new races since 7.3.5 was released and items can be datamined. That being said, I'm not seeing anything about any of these new races being DKs. Is that simply because currently all races can be a DK, or will they be restricted? Do we know for sure?
    The Nightborne were in a bubble of arcane magic during the happenings of WOTLK

The Voidelves were in the void fighting the Legion.

The Lightforged draenei were in the void fighting the Legion.

The Highmountain Tauren were on the broken Isles minding their own business.

Not possible.

The Dark Iron Dwarves were in Black Rock Mountain however they are part of the Eastern Kingdoms during the pre-WOTLK campaign. It is very likely for them to be raised as Death Knights.

The Trolls were enslaved by the Lich King and are very likely to be raised as Death Knights.

Possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Winrarw View Post
    That's like saying warlocks and mages are the same because they can both make fire, the fire is identical but the source isn't. In universe spells don't have a damage family associated to them, a druid doesn't "deal arcane damage" they "summon the power of the moon" of course it says arcane for balance and consistency reasons in game
    Okay - fair point! I'll buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better yet, look at the bullshit they pulled to make it so Night Elves could be mages in Cataclysm.
    Yeah...because welcoming exiled Highborn back into the fold is the same as making races that literally didn't exist in the world when the Lich king was in power is the same thing?

Deleted
    Would of liked Zandalari (also Nightborne/Void - if it was possible) oh well .

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Iron are pretty much the only race I could see Death Knight's getting to be honest, I can't think of any other races. The heritage armour debacle could be solved by just making it not available on DK's 55-110.

Yeah pretty annoying, no one really cares about lore we just want cool characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    The Nightborne were in a bubble of arcane magic during the happenings of WOTLK

Not possible.

The Dark Iron Dwarves were in Black Rock Mountain however they are part of the Eastern Kingdoms during the pre-WOTLK campaign. It is very likely for them to be raised as Death Knights.

The Trolls were enslaved by the Lich King and are very likely to be raised as Death Knights.

Possible.
    If it's required that the only Death Knights are those that were around when the Scourge was blighting Azeroth, then I agree with all of those except Void Elves. Void Elves were not in the void fighting the Legion, they were Blood Elves who, very recently, were exiled from Silvermoon because they were studying void power. Just as the elves were mages, hunters, warriors, etc. beforehand, so too could they have been Death Knights.

However, my own suggestion as well as others simply say that Bolvar, Mograine, etc. can raise Death Knights, and do so after the events of the Broken Isles. There are TONS of sources of undeath in World of Warcraft, so why not allow DKs to play the new races?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Yeah...because welcoming exiled Highborn back into the fold is the same as making races that literally didn't exist in the world when the Lich king was in power is the same thing?
    The point is that they dramatically changed the lore of the world to allow for a specific race/class combo.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

If it's required that the only Death Knights are those that were around when the Scourge was blighting Azeroth, then I agree with all of those except Void Elves. Void Elves were not in the void fighting the Legion, they were Blood Elves who, very recently, were exiled from Silvermoon because they were studying void power. Just as the elves were mages, hunters, warriors, etc. beforehand, so too could they have been Death Knights.

However, my own suggestion as well as others simply say that Bolvar, Mograine, etc. can raise Death Knights, and do so after the events of the Broken Isles. There are TONS of sources of undeath in World of Warcraft, so why not allow DKs to play the new races?

The point is that they dramatically changed the lore of the world to allow for a specific race/class combo.
    You would require a new event in which Bolvar raises an army of undeath.

We are not talking about Bolvar Fordragon raising the four horsemen to help Azeroth. We are talking about The Lich King raising an army to cull all life from Azeroth. The Lich King helped Morgraine and his Knights out of necessity. There is no kindness.

I can imagine my DK character getting a quest during the expansion, to resurrect a corpse of one of the allied races, and by doing so unlock the class for that race.

I would even be okay with that character starting at level 110, since the only way you could play an alied race DK would be by already having one at max level and doing the quest.

Though I can see people who don't have a DK getting pissed at the idea.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lore wise...Any race can be a DK, regardless of Lich King timing, simply because more Death Knights CAN rise dead into Death Knights... We´ve been doing it in Legion.

It would make sense that it takes a bit of time (not really cause there are dead void elves already..), then they can prepare something about it.

Also and to be honest, if a tauren can be a paladin (that was one of the most ridiculous things when they made it possible, and now it´s quite normal)... I don´t see why there should be this unjustified difference with DK´s.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycondriel View Post
    Hey all - MMO has recently been doing an in-depth view into the new races since 7.3.5 was released and items can be datamined. That being said, I'm not seeing anything about any of these new races being DKs. Is that simply because currently all races can be a DK, or will they be restricted? Do we know for sure?
    Iron Dwarves in alpha can be DK atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    The Nightborne were in a bubble of arcane magic during the happenings of WOTLK.
    Scourge presence is hinted at on the Broken Isles. Beyond that, the Ebon Blade has been raising new Death Knights right and left (far beyond "The Four Horseman" which you claimed in a later post)

Wrong. Void Elves were Blood Elves until after the Legion was defeated. It's entirely possible a Blood Elf Death Knight could've been mixed in with Umbric's followers.

Literally the ONLY race that shouldn't be able to play as a Death Knight

Not possible.
    Again, Scourge presence was hinted at in the Broken Isles. The Ebon Blade is also, again, raising new Death Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Skipping the starting zone is so difficult, right? I mean, it's absolutely unheard of. It's not like Allied races do that anyway!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    snip
    Skipping the starting zone? What starting zone do Nightborne have?

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I half expected Alleria to get a few from teh death knight ranks to join her..Does this mean DK's can't be influeced by void powers or that they're more devoted to something else and aren't as easily swayed by the likes of Alleria.
    none of the Void elves has been swayed by alleria, they have been corrupted and alleria taught them how to keep sane and in control.