Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Zandalari and Dark Iron would fit since they both existed in Kalimdor during the LK's rein.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Irons should be able to be Death Knights, easily.

But Zandalari? No relevant contingent of Zandalari travelled the world AND died against Arthas. The dudes on Stranglethorn simply went back - some were encountered in Pandaria, while the Zul'drak expedition were just a small group of scholars. None of those npcs died, so it would be silly.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    One small keep of Worgen was enough to justify them. Could be as simple as "A group of Zandalari were in Zul'Drak at the time".
    I visited the keep, I saw the Worgens; I even saw said worgens dying.

I didn't find any group of Zandalari dying in Zul'drak. I mean, if we can stretch, let's make some Mag'har Death Knights too. Make 'em be from the Outland faction, ventured into Azeroth, died in the attacks right before our invasion of Northrend.

DK's Don't need to have any other races. stop crying and move on. K thx.
    Xenodrake (Shadowpriest) <Infallible>US 7th (T13) US 12th (T12) US 7th (T11)

Anticipation of Death is worse then Death itself.

There's no doubt Blizz will rework or add a secondary starter experience for DK's and DH in the future, cause they won't let some of their classes be content locked (this race focused expansion will make sure of it, it's too big a problem).
    Until then, for BfA or however many expansions it'll take till they implement it, there's still allied race options that can be DK: Ogre, Amani, Vrykul, Taunka, High Elf, Dark Iron, Void Elf (they are a new thing, sure, but who's to say there wasn't DK's among the exiles already?), Tuskarr (weird, but not weirder than a Tuskarr warrior), Frost Dwarves, Mag'har, Quilboar.
    I'm certain there's more than the ones I could think of, an I'd say this still makes for a decent selection.

Edit: and Kul Tiran humans. Forgot about those, as humans are so basic :P
    Last edited by Korsha; 2018-03-27 at 07:13 PM.

Deleted
    They could just add something half assed (like void elf starting "zone") and have it so that the new races are raised and trained by current players. We know raising more dks is possible already. Just show them being raised and throw them to the past leveling zones like void elves somehow go back to level in cata zones. I don't really play dks but it would annoy me that a big part of the bfa advertising is focusing on new cool races they have no access to. Same goes for demon hunters.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Yeah lets ignore all the cash they could make from races changes, char boosts and other in-game services people will pay for related to allied race dks. All these naysayers have the worst excuses for no allied race DKs. It's gonna happen, I don't know why so many of you are against it. There's currently lore supporting the creation of new DKs, so all your "the only dks that ever were or ever will exist were made by arthas" nonsense is just plain wrong. No new starting area will be required either, its as simple as many people have already said, adjust the skills we start off with(which they do every expansion anyways) and start us at level 20, problem solved. The most they would have to do is maybe a cutscene, but even that's not necessary.
    I actually had an idea for an alternative DK starting method. A former Scourge necromancer and his coven of acolytes, ghouls, and skeletons retrieves (or steals) an artifact that makes it possible for him to create more Death Knights, those that he himself could bend to his will, but due to the method and his own lack of power, they would start off much weaker.

Your level 1-10 experience would be gathering materials (including blood, souls, life essence, etc.) to craft Death Knight specific heirlooms with a lore reason of gaining power as you kill and absorb more of the above. You would either rebel against the Necromancer or the actual Ebon Knights would show up and 'convince' him to give up his plans, offering him power, money, protection, or whatever if he trains you up properly before turning you over to their command. From then on you'd have a Monk-esque experience, getting an XP buff, coming back every ten levels for an upgrade or powerful buff, and at level 58 you'd get the classic DK ending experience gear when you're inducted into the Ebon Knights.

They should give DKs some Allied Races like San'layn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycondriel View Post
    Hey all - MMO has recently been doing an in-depth view into the new races since 7.3.5 was released and items can be datamined. That being said, I'm not seeing anything about any of these new races being DKs. Is that simply because currently all races can be a DK, or will they be restricted? Do we know for sure?
    lore wise ohnestly should have nothing to do with it.

if it did they wouldnt have made the current allied races start at 20.

its a major lore break.

Hi Mr Void Elf, please go through Vanilla/BC/Wotlk/Cata/MOP/draenor Content for the Alliance please, so you can experience the story, although you didnt enter the story till after that.

in all ohnesty you cant have every race be EVERY class.

keeping some normality to the lore should be upheld, in my opinion though,

in any of Warcraft 3, and WOTLK did you see any Zandalari trolls, or Dark Dwarfs, or Fucking Void Elves as Death knights. or better yet Panda death Knights.

it wont happen as it is a Major Lore Break on the Class.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    Dark Iron Dwarves and Zanadalari Trolls are the only 2 races that make sense

"The Drakkari have recently gone mad after they sacrificed their Loa animal gods in an attempt to fight off the Scourge. The Argent Dawn has returned to play a role in Zul'Drak as have members of the Zandalar tribe, who have come to try and save some of the Drakkari history before it is wiped out."

That is the Drakkari trolls from Wrath, so the Zandalari went there to help them fend off the scourge.

Drak theron Keep questline where the Zandalari and Drakkari trolls are turned into death knights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOoyaSdG6i4

"your betrayal of the Drakkari empire has born me a new army, your army" - Lich King

Zanadalari trolls and Dark Iron Dwarves should both have a DK class option and it would still be 100% in sink with the games current timeline."
    Not all was death knight who got power from lich king or was they ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I thought Void Elves were just regular Blood Elves who practiced void magic. What happens if a Blood Elf DK decides he wants to do some void stuff?
    They would probably go insane.

Death Knights have to fight every second the urge to kill and inflict pain. Void Elves have to constantly fight the corrupting essence of the Void. Its unlikely any person could manage both at the same time without turning into an insane murder machine

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I thought Void Elves were just regular Blood Elves who practiced void magic. What happens if a Blood Elf DK decides he wants to do some void stuff?
    Why would a DK do void stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    well this can open possibility for DK (i already said this in BFA forums) to be something other and not only Undead stuff. Void knight, ash knights, fel knights. Can be done with our old relic type Sigil. Like you will go through some epic questline and get sigil of this element, wich modify animation of your abilities. Most races will have "sigil of the undeath" equiped from the start (DK from WotLK). Void elves could be Void knights from the begining and have sigil of the void equiped. wich mean they won't have access to the quest for sigil of the void, but will have access for quest with sigil of undeath as reward (maybe in the last quest VE will be ritualy killed and raised). But sadly it's too much work to be done correctly.

(paladins and priests in example would benefit from this too with "blood", sun, naaru, loa type of abilities)

Just let it go ffs people!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    well this can open possibility for DK (i already said this in BFA forums) to be something other and not only Undead stuff. Void knight, ash knights, fel knights. Can be done with our old relic type Sigil. Like you will go through some epic questline and get sigil of this element, wich modify animation of your abilities. Most races will have "sigil of the undeath" equiped from the start (DK from WotLK). Void elves could be Void knights from the begining and have sigil of the void equiped. wich mean they won't have access to the quest for sigil of the void, but will have access for quest with sigil of undeath as reward (maybe in the last quest VE will be ritualy killed and raised). But sadly it's too much work to be done correctly.

(paladins and priests in example would benefit from this too with "blood", sun, naaru, loa type of abilities)
    I think this is a really bad idea in terms of the death knight. But it is just my opinion. I can see why others would disagree with me.

why would a ranger/hunter? monk? etc

you can say the same for everything.

the only thing i can think of is that sylvanas essentially claimed all the horde death knights she could and they likely couldnt live in silvermoon due to the light harming undead. simply being in quel'thalas again would likely put a death knight in constant pain so they probably never even got the chance to join the void elves group
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Nope I'm pretty adamant on this one there should only be 2 playable DK races for alliance Humans and Horde Undead. The first DK's were Orc's that were reanimated into dead Human soldiers copses. Terron Gorfiend if you didn't know was actually an Orc until Gul'dan reanimated him as a DK in a Human body. And Undead are just the eventuality of Human DK's being basically dead reanimated corpses they will just be these Orcs in Human bodies.

I think this is a really bad idea in terms of the death knight. But it is just my opinion. I can see why others would disagree with me.
    well - it's just a wild idea. After implementing Tauren paladins (and i don't see them as stupid) i started to see classes more like "archetype" rather than complete classes. Like tauren paladin by lore really different from other paladins and "classified" as paladin because paladin class was closest to idea of sunwalker. And felknight okay maybe too much. but then maybe something like first generation of DK who were warlock in the corpse of human knight? so - undeath+fire+shadow.
    But whatever. it's just an idea, i not force it on anyone. Just sad that there is so little in terms of CLASS customization.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    cry more
    try playing paladin and see the shit we have to play with as horde members
    I want Undead Pally in the worst way. a Reanimated Scarlet Crusader or something like that, would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I actually had an idea for an alternative DK starting method. A former Scourge necromancer and his coven of acolytes, ghouls, and skeletons retrieves (or steals) an artifact that makes it possible for him to create more Death Knights, those that he himself could bend to his will, but due to the method and his own lack of power, they would start off much weaker.

Your level 1-10 experience would be gathering materials (including blood, souls, life essence, etc.) to craft Death Knight specific heirlooms with a lore reason of gaining power as you kill and absorb more of the above. You would either rebel against the Necromancer or the actual Ebon Knights would show up and 'convince' him to give up his plans, offering him power, money, protection, or whatever if he trains you up properly before turning you over to their command. From then on you'd have a Monk-esque experience, getting an XP buff, coming back every ten levels for an upgrade or powerful buff, and at level 58 you'd get the classic DK ending experience gear when you're inducted into the Ebon Knights.
    This is brilliant.