Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You people keep searching for lore reasons why they didn't do it when the obvious answer is that DH/DK would mean extra work for them in making the DK/DH facial and skin customizations also available to the new allied races on top of rearranging spell acquisitions so the characters can start at lv20.

Blizzard does the least work possible. Always.

Void elves void form ended up being a recycled voidwalker purple crayon paint over the character on a proc so they wouldn't have to waste time making Alleria's texture fit female and male void elves or bothering with the concept of a toggle.

The allied races also gained no new animations, despite the fact they're charging you the same price for a race change as if they were a brand new race despite the fact they have a tiny fraction of the customization options of a normal new race.

Allied Races is their Overwatch style Activision cash grab. They're raking in race change money for less effort (they just reskin old races with a couple extra hairs but without making new animations or cities or starting experience scenarios).

Quote Originally Posted by Taedae View Post
    Yes, but they would have to build a completely different experience for the new races if they were to allow any of them to become DKs since the only DK storyline in the game right now takes place in Wrath. So yes, I agree that they can make the new races DKs if they want to since it is possible for DKs to be created in the current storyline. However, it wouldn't make sense to have a DK who was created in Legion start their story under the control of the Lich King in Wrath. So the only way Blizzard would allow any of the new races to become DKs would be to give them a completely unique starting storyline (which would likely mean those new DKs would also need to start a level 100).
    What is the possibility of creating a storyline were the Ebon Blade retake the DK Starting area and use it as their new training ground where they train the new ranks of DKs?

Perhaps use Instance Phasing where lvl 55 DKs get the LK story but with the new Allied Races, if they choose to become DKs (from what I understand it is a choice now in the story arc) they go back to the area and train as DKs? The DK starting area can remain 55 so as not to haveto do much rework of the zone level wise outside of Instance Phasing?

I have been gone far too long but this seems like a feasible scenario for all parties. The Allied Races can get their DK fix as part of their leveling experience while maintaining the origin story of the DK. Or perhaps move the DK training to Northrend or where ever the EbonBLade is currently headquartered?

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    the biggest issue with allied races being DKs is that they would have to rework the DK starting experience
    Regardless of whether or not this is a good idea... People keep saying this and I don't get it. With the exception of Cata, Blizzard has never gone back and wholesale redesigned old content to be more lore friendly. Ever. Why would they suddenly "have to" now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Skipping the starting zone? What starting zone do Nightborne have?
    That's my point. Nightborne already don't have a starting zone. Why should allied race DKs hypothetically have to go through Acherus?

Think they will add Dark Iron dwarves, but they wont be able to get Heritage armour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oldest Race not a DK, does not make sense.

Just let people play whatever race they want on whatever class they want.

Does it really change your game experience if a Tauren Demon Hunter is running around?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    cry more
    try playing paladin and see the shit we have to play with as horde members
    Playing the bad guys has a price.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaxus View Post
    none of the Void elves has been swayed by alleria, they have been corrupted and alleria taught them how to keep sane and in control.
    Those teachings came with the price of fighting for the Alliance. She's holding their own sanity over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Those teachings came with the price of fighting for the Alliance. She's holding their own sanity over them.
    do the nightbourne quest for allied races, once they got touched by the void they were lost to the bloodelves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaxus View Post
    do the nightbourne quest for allied races, once they got touched by the void they were lost to the bloodelves.
    Doesn't mean they'll suddenly fight against the Horde on the side of Alliance. Logic dictates they'd hate both factions equally if anything. Alleria though, had other plans.

Doesn't mean they'll suddenly fight against the Horde on the side of Alliance. Logic dictates they'd hate both factions equally if anything. Alleria though, had other plans.
    Why wouldn't they fight for alliance? Garrosh treated blood elves worse than any alliance did, and sylvanas treats the blood elves essentially as a side arm of servants and not even her own kin.

Blood elves are horde for the same reason nightborne are horde. Blizzard want to give each faction a race equivalent. Just as Horde got the goblins for gnomes, and alliance got worgen as the analog to trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Why wouldn't they fight for alliance? Garrosh treated blood elves worse than any alliance did, and sylvanas treats the blood elves essentially as a side arm of servants and not even her own kin.

Blood elves are horde for the same reason nightborne are horde. Blizzard want to give each faction a race equivalent. Just as Horde got the goblins for gnomes, and alliance got worgen as the analog to trolls.
    None of those reasons have anything to do with the Alliance. All you’re explaining is why Blood Elves would have hated the Horde. That doesn’t mean they’ll just forget their hatred of the Alliance.

Alleria is blackmailing them. She’s not an angel.

None of those reasons have anything to do with the Alliance. All you’re explaining is why Blood Elves would have hated the Horde. That doesn’t mean they’ll just forget their hatred of the Alliance.

Alleria is blackmailing them. She’s not an angel.
    Lol please. Umbric was kissing Allerias ass before he even turned void. Outside their tizzy with a lesser version of human garroshlike general, thres no other alliance race they have reason to hate, especially not th high elves who were exiled from main blood elves just like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Lol please. Umbric was kissing Allerias ass before he even turned void. Outside their tizzy with a lesser version of human garroshlike general, thres no other alliance race they have reason to hate, especially not th high elves who were exiled from main blood elves just like them.
    Kissing ass doesn't mean they'd fight for the Alliance. Your reasoning doesn't hold up. Also yeah they do have reasoning to hate the Alliance. It's called being on the Horde since TBC and fighting against them for all that time.

Your Alleria isn't an angel. Accept it son.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    cry more
    try playing paladin and see the shit we have to play with as horde members
    Exactly, because a big cow paladin is the most natural thing in this world

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh i dont understand why this is a problem, to make a zandalari dk (example) you would need to get til max lvl 120 then repgrind and do a bunch of quest(if we assume it's the same criteria as legion) you're not a new player at this point

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Just let people play whatever race they want on whatever class they want.

Does it really change your game experience if a Tauren Demon Hunter is running around?
    As much as blizzard has messed with the game lore, I don't think it matters at this point which race plays what class. Other MMOs have the option, I think it's time for wow to allow this too
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    As much as blizzard has messed with the game lore, I don't think it matters at this point which race plays what class. Other MMOs have the option, I think it's time for wow to allow this too
    other mmos are either grinfest/boobfest korean style mmo, or have same restrictions as wow. Or gameplay restrictions where 1 race would make NO F**CKING SENSE as 1 class (because stats are shit for this class). If you want "all classes for all races" then please bring back gamechanging racicals and race stats so we won't see gnome warrior as tank ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you introduce time travel to your IP, i'm pretty sure lore is thrown out the window.

Once that happens, class restrictions seem a bit silly.