Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycondriel View Post
    Hey all - MMO has recently been doing an in-depth view into the new races since 7.3.5 was released and items can be datamined. That being said, I'm not seeing anything about any of these new races being DKs. Is that simply because currently all races can be a DK, or will they be restricted? Do we know for sure?
    It's because, lore wise- they didn't join the alliance until after the Death Knights were created. Unless there is someone still making DK's, it wouldn't make any sense for any of those new races to be DKs.

Maybe they will add the option for more races to be DK's when we eventually see the New LK storyline (whenever that may be).

Again, they will not bother making new DH/DK facial customizations and tattoos/metamorphosis for the allied races. It's more work than they care to do.

It's always the cheapest, least art-demanding path with Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhodjin View Post
    All player DKs were raised in Wotlk, story wise they "can't" be DKs since they werent there at the time.
    But what about all the worgen and goblin death knights?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    It's because, lore wise- they didn't join the alliance until after the Death Knights were created. Unless there is someone still making DK's, it wouldn't make any sense for any of those new races to be DKs.

Maybe they will add the option for more races to be DK's when we eventually see the New LK storyline (whenever that may be).
    Yeah but neither did the worgen. Sylvanas only finds the balls to attack Gilneas because she has the backing of the Val'kyr that she took in from after the fall of the Lich King, yet when you start as a worgen or goblin death knight he's alive and kicking and telling you to pick up runeblades and shit. I don't think "lore" is the reason here

because they fucked up and dont want you to start a new race at lvl 55 thats it

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
    because they fucked up and dont want you to start a new race at lvl 55 thats it
    Goblins and Worgens existed in the world way before Wotlk. The Worgen is more a stretch than Goblins but it still makes sense. For example Nightborne were stuck in their city for 10 000 years. Worgens aka gilneans have been around since vanilla and before that. And goblins have been in the world just as long or longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jochon View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but neither did the worgen. Sylvanas only finds the balls to attack Gilneas because she has the backing of the Val'kyr that she took in from after the fall of the Lich King, yet when you start as a worgen or goblin death knight he's alive and kicking and telling you to pick up runeblades and shit. I don't think "lore" is the reason here
    Yeah, but the worgen basically joined the alliance just after WOTLK. I imagine the argument would be that even though they were not officially part of the alliance army, they were already working with the alliance, mostly behind the scenes.

At this point, it has been a long, long time since then (6-8 yrs? even more in actual game time). I think it would be weird to see the new races as DK's at this point.

The only one I can see an argument for is the Dark Iron. They have been around since Vanilla, so it wouldn't be surprising if some them were turned into DKs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhodjin View Post
    Goblins and Worgens existed in the world way before Wotlk. The Worgen is more a stretch than Goblins but it still makes sense. For example Nightborne were stuck in their city for 10 000 years. Worgens aka gilneans have been around since vanilla and before that. And goblins have been in the world just as long or longer.
    it doesnt matter !!!!!
    they DONT WANT you to start one of the new allied race at lvl 55 !! Jeez its not complicated

it doesnt matter !!!!!
    they DONT WANT you to start one of the new allied race at lvl 55 !! Jeez its not complicated
    They could have em start at 20 like any other allied race class. Its not anymore lore breaking then having nightborne run around 10 years before anyone knows what a nightborne is. Plus lightforged and Void Elves are created not born and dark iron/zandalari have been around long enough to have been taken by the Arthas. I assume lightforging would prob kill an undead tho.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Again, they will not bother making new DH/DK facial customizations and tattoos/metamorphosis for the allied races. It's more work than they care to do.

It's always the cheapest, least art-demanding path with Blizzard.
    Yeah lets ignore all the cash they could make from races changes, char boosts and other in-game services people will pay for related to allied race dks. All these naysayers have the worst excuses for no allied race DKs. It's gonna happen, I don't know why so many of you are against it. There's currently lore supporting the creation of new DKs, so all your "the only dks that ever were or ever will exist were made by arthas" nonsense is just plain wrong. No new starting area will be required either, its as simple as many people have already said, adjust the skills we start off with(which they do every expansion anyways) and start us at level 20, problem solved. The most they would have to do is maybe a cutscene, but even that's not necessary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    Yeah lets ignore all the cash they could make from races changes, char boosts and other in-game services people will pay for related to allied race dks. All these naysayers have the worst excuses for no allied race DKs. It's gonna happen, I don't know why so many of you are against it. There's currently lore supporting the creation of new DKs, so all your "the only dks that ever were or ever will exist were made by arthas" nonsense is just plain wrong. No new starting area will be required either, its as simple as many people have already said, adjust the skills we start off with(which they do every expansion anyways) and start us at level 20, problem solved. The most they would have to do is maybe a cutscene, but even that's not necessary.
    I have the same feeling & hopes. It would make sense to get even more Allies converted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    They could have em start at 20 like any other allied race class. Its not anymore lore breaking then having nightborne run around 10 years before anyone knows what a nightborne is. Plus lightforged and Void Elves are created not born and dark iron/zandalari have been around long enough to have been taken by the Arthas. I assume lightforging would prob kill an undead tho.
    so you play like 40 level without talent points?
    they have to rewrite the whole talent tree and the things about dks is the starting area its important lorewise.
    Or do you simply want to do the quests at lvl 20 and they scale like the rest? That would be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaze View Post
    so you play like 40 level without talent points?
    they have to rewrite the whole talent tree and the things about dks is the starting area its important lorewise.
    Or do you simply want to do the quests at lvl 20 and they scale like the rest? That would be an option.
    The first 40 lvls without a talent wouldn't matter too much since normal toons get em like every 15 lvls or something. They could also do something like only let you make an allied race dk if you already have a max lvl of that allied race and just keep them in the dk starter zone since it lvling lore is already so fucked up.

Pretty sure Zandarlari could be and dark iron dwarves.

There is a panda DK that was a garrison follower

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochon View Post
    The worgen from the DK starting zone are originally from shadowfang keep, which is and always was outside the greymane wall.

The goblins from the DK starting zone were goblins from the bilgewater cartel that had joined the brotherhood of the light.

Both were killed by the scourge and converted to DKs during the events of WotLK before the cataclysm ever happened, lore-wise.

You learn this when going through the DK starting zone as one of those races. There's no breach of lore involved and it's honestly not that complicated.

it doesnt matter !!!!!
    That's really immaterial. The gap between level 20 and 55 is completely meaningless in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    They could have em start at 20 like any other allied race class.
    That would screw with the way the DK talents are laid out and suck a huge amount of flavor out of the class. It'd be super simple to just make the allied race, when rolling a DK, start at 55 in the DK starting zone.

The day or two or so of headstart you'd get on the heritage armor would be pretty pointless, as it's just a cosmetic anyway.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2018-03-20 at 04:46 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

There is not a single starting experience for any allied race, and you people seriously expect Blizzard to craft an all-new DK starting experience outside of Scarlet Enclave just so you can be a lore-unfriendly DK? Are you stupid or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The worgen from the DK starting zone are originally from shadowfang keep, which is and was always outside the greymane wall.

The goblins from the DK starting zone were goblins from the bilgewater cartel that had joined the brotherhood of the light.

Both were killed by the scourge and converted to DKs during the events of WotLK before the cataclysm ever happened, lore-wise.

You learn this when going through the DK starting zone as one of those races. There's no breach of lore involved and it's honestly not that complicated.
    This. The Worgen and Goblin DKs aren't from the exact same time and place as the rest of the playable race. Which is the thing stopping most new races from being DKs: numbers and presence during the conflicts with the Scourge and the prelude to the Northrend campaign. For example, there's no way Void Elves or Lightforged could ever be DKs, as they either didn't exist at the time, or were all on a distant planet. I've hear that Dark Irons were considered, which is possible within the lore, as we saw splinter groups of them (such as the Thorium Brotherhood) as early as Vanilla. If new allied races from Northrend were added, it's entirely possible they'd be eligible to be Death Knights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleesh View Post
    There is not a single starting experience for any allied race, and you people seriously expect Blizzard to craft an all-new DK starting experience outside of Scarlet Enclave just so you can be a lore-unfriendly DK? Are you stupid or something?
    They can just plop races that could have been DKs in WotLK- Zandalari and Dark Irons- into the normal DK starting zone. No problems to be had.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I thought Void Elves were just regular Blood Elves who practiced void magic. What happens if a Blood Elf DK decides he wants to do some void stuff?

I want to see Vulpera DK's just to really piss people off.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    No new starting area will be required either
    I think the Starting experience and lore behind DKs is exactly what makes them a hero class, same with demonhunters.

There are some nice ideas in this thread already how to fix that problem, like let new races play the DK Starting area as a timewalk scenario or something, so they also know and experience what it means to be an DK.