Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Alleria is technically a void elf. Why can't we make void elves with her skin color?

Alleria is the first, and theorically, the most void-influenced elf. However her skin and other features remain untouched (except for her voice).
    Why can't we make void elves with pinkish skin and natural hair colors?
    People say there must be something to difference a blood elf from a void elf, but there is nothing that differences a horde and an alliance pandaren and we still recognize them in-game. Look at this edit I made:

Still looks quite voidy to me. Why isn't it an option?
    ~Metzen whispered in my ear "it's all ogar now"...

Those elves look like they have poor circulation.

What are we supposed to answer or discuss?

Blizzard can obviously add these options, but they decided not to... so the answer is: Because Blizzard doesn't want Void Elves to look like that.

EDIT: Mods can now close this thread, as it's done... (inb4 it blows up to 20+ pages in a couple hours, like all stupid threads )
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2018-01-29 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMaelstrom View Post
    Alleria is technically a void elf.
    Alleria is not a void elf. The void elves are corrupted with void energy (against their will), Alleria is just a high elf ranger using void magic. She does, however, have a void form from her encounter with the corrupted Naaru, but even that doesn't make her a void elf.

I mean look, I get it. You wanted high elves, but you got void elves. The sooner you accept this, the happier you'll be.

If they weren't so different people would complain they are a blood elf remake.. Oh wait..

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Because she is super special snowflake (aka lore character) and regular void elf is not. Same with malfurion and regular druids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because she is the most void-influenced elf. Which probably gives her much more control over it.

Alliance will never get your generic high elves. Stop whining.

The reason why there is no difference between a Horde Pandarean and an Alliance Pandarean is because all they do is pick sides at the end of the starting zone. Void Elves are literally changed because they are void touched.

Alleria should undergo a Void Form when she is in combat.

From what I understand, Void Elves have a racial proc that makes them go Void Form, called Entropic Embrace. Depending on the uptime of the proc, I think it would be close enough. I can see why they would want to preserve Alleria's look, to keep her artwork consistent between Hearthstone and WoW. Consistency between Hearthstone lore and WoW lore seems to be big on Blizzard's agenda recently.

Deleted
    Did we really need another thread asking for playable blue eyed, blond, pink cheeked elves? Seriously, will you guys never give up?

10+ Year Old Account
    she isn't 'technically' a void elf, she IS the symbol of void elf
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMaelstrom View Post
    Alleria is the first, and theorically, the most void-influenced elf. However her skin and other features remain untouched (except for her voice).
    Why can't we make void elves with pinkish skin and natural hair colors?

Still looks quite voidy to me. Why isn't it an option?
    Because the void elves got screwed up through a different ritual and as such lost their prior complexion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Alleria should undergo a Void Form when she is in combat.
    Alleria should look void tainted the entire time to be honest, considering just how much of that stuff she absorbed into herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Those elves look like they have poor circulation.
    Thanks sir for making my day

Lady Alleria is a Void Elf, but she attained the form through different means. She consumed the essence of a fallen Naaru.

Magister Umbric and his Ren'dorei (who are the playable Void Elves) attain this form differently; their transformation being an unespected result of a process that was supposed to turn them into Ethereals instead.

So i'm not surprised if Alleria has more capabilities than Umbric and the other Ren'dorei (including the player character).

Also, the hell are you people saying? Of course Alleria is a Void Elf, indeed even Wowpedia and Blizzard agree with me. I thought this was obvious, but i guess around here you can't take anything for granted.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2018-01-29 at 09:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    Lady Alleria is a Void Elf, but she attained the form through different means. She consumed the essence of a fallen Naaru.

Magister Umbric and his Ren'dorei (who are the playable Void Elves) attain this form differently; their transformation being an unespected result of a process that was supposed to turn them into Ethereals instead.

So i'm not surprised if Alleria has more capabilities than Umbric and the other Ren'dorei (including the player character).

Also, the hell are you people saying? Of course Alleria is a Void Elf, indeed even Wowpedia and Blizzard agree with me. I thought this was obvious, but i guess around here you can't take anything for granted.
    Your signature is out of date. They updated the Void Elf crest.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Your signature is out of date. They updated the Void Elf crest.
    I appreciate the classics.

Honestly, if someone wasn't following WoW and they saw the Nightborne, I'm fairly certain they'd think they were new night elf models. They're so alike in design & visual look, even using traditional purple/silver Darnassus armor for them and their mounts (who are also the large cats), I just kind of laugh at the people insisting the void elves must be visually distinct from blood elves. Seriously, night elves and nightborne aren't that distinguishably different in terms of visual design.

For that matter, with the exception of the model's skeleton and frame, the void elves pretty much look like night elf variations to me in skin tone. They just need some added hair colors.

You've got night elves and blood elves on the Horde and night elves and blood elf/night elf mish-mash on the Alliance.

I'd have gone a lot further than Blizz is with the Allied races opening more neutral race choose-your-side like the Pandaren myself.

Let the taure and draenei reskins be faction specific. Let the void elves resemble blood elves but pick a side. Let the nightborne resemble night elves but pick a side.

Heck, I'm still a little intrigued by EQ2's one-time betrayal quest allowing a player to switch sides if they're really willing to bear the burden of penalties that come with it.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2018-01-29 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Mods can now close this thread, as it's done... (inb4 it blows up to 20+ pages in a couple hours, like all stupid threads )
    Wow, calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavin View Post
    Did we really need another thread asking for playable blue eyed, blond, pink cheeked elves?
    They already have blue eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavin View Post
    Seriously, will you guys never give up?
    Of course not. Why should we?

Quote Originally Posted by Faliz18 View Post
    Alliance will never get your generic high elves. Stop whining.
    Do you think the edit I made looks like a generic high elf? lol. Stop exaggerating, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Alleria should look void tainted the entire time to be honest, considering just how much of that stuff she absorbed into herself.
    I agree. It's weird how she can control everything but her voice.
    ~Metzen whispered in my ear "it's all ogar now"...

Just say you want white elves on the alliance.