5+ Year Old Account

How much can I get for my $300 laptop?

My hp laptop:

Intel Celeron 1.86 GHz
    4 GB Ram
    500 GB Storage HDD
    Windows 8.1 (Updated to Windows 10)
    The Laptop screen is TOUCHSCREEN. So that's a plus.

I want to sell it.
    I don't want to sell it online.
    I want to go somewhere like a pawn shop and bring it in and they can tell me how much they will give me for it.

I paid a little over 300.00 dollars for it at Fry's Electronics. $323.00 to be exact. It was 299.99 at Fry's Electronics.

Pawn shops like EZPAWN don't really give much for laptops. Or do they?

Where can I get the most money for my laptop (not online)?

Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post

My hp laptop:

Intel Celeron 1.86 GHz
    4 GB Ram
    500 GB Storage HDD

I want to sell it.
    I want to go somewhere like a pawn shop and bring it in and they can tell me how much they will give me for it.

I paid a little over 300.00 dollars for it at Fry's Electronics. $323.00 to be exact. It was 299.99 at Fry's Electronics.

Somone said 75... I'd say 50 bucks. Pawnshop might give you 25 or 30... so they can up it to 45-50 or 100(?) to make money....

10+ Year Old Account
    If you've used it, don't do that. There is no telling what someone might recover from your hard drive.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Bro you spent 300 bucks on it, why do you wanna sell it cause you will not get much for selling it. Give it to your mom or something.,

Yeah, give it to someone you know that might have some use for it. You won't get much for a shitty used laptop. Especially if you sell it to a pawn shop. They want to resell it at a markup, meaning you'll get even less for it.

Edit: If you are an obese black woman, definitely sell it at a pawn shop. You might get angry, they will remove you from the store and maybe even get to be on a pawn shop reality tv show!
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-01-31 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Infracted: trolling

My hp laptop:

Intel Celeron 1.86 GHz
    4 GB Ram
    500 GB Storage HDD

I want to sell it.

Probably 300 dollars, most people are stupid when it comes to computer. I can never buy a used laptop because people always want more than what they are worth, and obviously they are selling it for that price because they hardly ever lower them.

5+ Year Old Account
    I would like to get at least 100.00 dollars for it. Too much?

Lowest I will go is 75.00. Or should I go lower?

Anyways, thanks for all the replies. Keep 'em coming! I love all feedback, positive and negative. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Edit: If you are an obese black woman, definitely sell it at a pawn shop. You might get angry, they will remove you from the store and maybe even get to be on a pawn shop reality tv show!
    I am not an obese, black woman, lol.
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2018-01-30 at 05:22 PM.

I'm starting to build a collection of old computers because they depreciate so fast and at the price point I could sell things for, I might as well keep it as a backup.

Can't say what a pawn shop would give but if you sold it to a person instead of handing it of to a pawnshop I'm sure someone would be willing to pay 100 dollars, even i would consider a price tag like that and i don't need more computers since i already have 2 laptops and 2 desktop PCs.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i'm thinking Craigslist.

300 dollars.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Five dollars in-store credit at gamestop.
    [Insert Infraction Here]

I would like to get at least 100.00 dollars for it. Too much?

Lowest I will go is 75.00. Or should I go lower?

Anyways, thanks for all the replies. Keep 'em coming! I love all feedback, positive and negative. :-)

I am not an obese, black woman, lol.
    Depends how used it is. If it's currently being sold in stores, then you can usually get something for it, as long as it's in good condition. Just make sure to state what the new price is going for on that exact model with exact specs, there are always bargain shoppers. I sold a laptop just 2 weeks ago to a guy that wanted it but that needed 32gigs of ram instead of the 16 the model came with. He looked up the cost of ram, told me what it was going to cost him to upgrade. I set my price where my sale price, with his upgrade cost, was still a good 15-20% cheaper than a new one with 16gigs less ram. People forget that selling an item online is no diff than selling in a store, you need to lead the sale, give them the facts, throw out numbers to show the savings, and hopefully you can assure a quality state the device is in.