Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Battle for Azeroth Developer Q&A

    Battle for Azeroth Developer Q&A
    There is a live Dev Q&A today covering Battle for Azeorth!


  2. #2
    No solo que in PvP?!?! Forcing people to socialize to do pug battlegrounds is not going to go over well...
    edit: Someone please tell me this was referencing arenas, not BGs!
    Last edited by Kinlance; 2018-01-30 at 08:26 PM.

  3. #3
    Epic! Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    1,623
    Good lord, so many questions that were answered tons of times before...

  4. #4
    you just gonna ignore they said "work on unlocking orcs from dreanor"? that is HUGE

  5. #5
    Are zandalari available right now with pre-purchase? havent seen one on my server and thats the only race i care about right now

  6. #6
    Scarab Lord Turbotef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,819
    Lame excuse but whatever, I'll continue enjoying my solo ranked PvP in FF14.

  7. #7
    "You may get to pick three Honor Talents out of a poo of many talents"

    R Kelly is breathing heavy

  8. #8
    Prestige rewards will be random. So more paragon-like RNG crap is coming?

  9. #9
    > Going forward, there will just be Normal and RP realms. You can opt-in to PvP if you want.

    This is going to really suck, when they add something like "You get double/triple the XP/Armor Power/Gold/whatever if you do X while flagged."

    Which they will. Blizzard loves nothing more than enticing people who don't want to PvP into being victims of those who do. (Source: Vanilla to MoP on a PvP server.)

    I do recall the time they introduced Orphans and one of the quests was to win Alterac Valley with your Orphan out. Poor f'n Horde were all "WTF?" with all the determined Alliance PvE people who showed up motivated to kill them. But out in the world they won't have that, and it will be a terrible game play experience.

    "Thanks Blizz"

  10. #10
    Draenor Orcs! Best news of the day! FINALLY!

  11. #11
    Dreadlord kraid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In a warehouse
    Posts
    813
    I wonder if I will truly feel like a hero unit on WC3

  12. #12
    Sooooo... I still had my level 90 boost from WoD and it turned into a level 100 boost! Yay!

  13. #13
    these Q&As would get a dozen more questions in if Lore didn't waste time by repeating what Ion says every time

  14. #14
    Sometimes you should bring the class, not the player.
    How the mighty have fallen.

    At least it only took em nearly a decade to admit this.

  15. #15
    Titan General Zanjin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Heart of Azeroth
    Posts
    14,820
    really giving hybrids special toys? wtf

  16. #16
    "Sometimes you should bring the class, not the player."

    So are we going back to Vanilla/BC style "You lost at character creation" gameplay? Because that would be awful.

    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    But out in the world they won't have that, and it will be a terrible game play experience.
    So opt out.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinlance View Post
    No solo que in PvP?!?! Forcing people to socialize to do pug battlegrounds is not going to go over well...
    edit: Someone please tell me this was referencing arenas, not BGs!
    Rated battlegrounds, not random battlegrounds. People have been asking for solo queue for rated. All they've said, basically, is that they're not adding a solo queue because then rated and random become too similar (random already has a solo queue).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    > Going forward, there will just be Normal and RP realms. You can opt-in to PvP if you want.

    This is going to really suck, when they add something like "You get double/triple the XP/Armor Power/Gold/whatever if you do X while flagged."

    Which they will. Blizzard loves nothing more than enticing people who don't want to PvP into being victims of those who do. (Source: Vanilla to MoP on a PvP server.)

    I do recall the time they introduced Orphans and one of the quests was to win Alterac Valley with your Orphan out. Poor f'n Horde were all "WTF?" with all the determined Alliance PvE people who showed up motivated to kill them. But out in the world they won't have that, and it will be a terrible game play experience.

    "Thanks Blizz"
    They already said at blizzcon that you'll get more XP for questing with PvP flagged to make up for the extra time it takes. But, with the new system, they're also not going to have super horde heavy or alliance heavy PvP areas. Since it will be PvP shards, not PvP servers, they'll balance each shard to be close to 50/50.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    Are zandalari available right now with pre-purchase? havent seen one on my server and thats the only race i care about right now
    No. Zandalari will be unlocked during BfA. The 4 unlocked today are the 4 Legion related race; Highmountain Tauren, Nightborne, Void Elves, and Lightforged Draenei.

  18. #18
    Bloodsail Admiral effs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,220
    Interesting that he mentions class uniqueness with blink and removing gust of wind from Shaman. What about heroism/bloodlust? Sure it's a core part of the game now, but still, it all began with Shaman.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Interesting that he mentions class uniqueness with blink and removing gust of wind from Shaman. What about heroism/bloodlust? Sure it's a core part of the game now, but still, it all began with Shaman.
    If only. Also remove it from hunters as well since they really want to play the bring the class card now.

    Encounter Design will create situations that make all of those tools valuable.
    Somehow I think this will come back and bite them in the ass.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggit View Post
    "Sometimes you should bring the class, not the player."

    So are we going back to Vanilla/BC style "You lost at character creation" gameplay? Because that would be awful.
    Of course not. That's going to another extreme, which is not possible today.

    Today rerolling is trivial. Everything is account wide, not character wide. Catch up mechanics everywhere. If your class choice ends up being worse than expected, you can reroll in just few weeks.

    Not that it matters because difference will never be as big as it was in old WoW. Only min-maxers would care about that.
    I can imagine the episode of Police Interceptors right now. 3 arrests for opinions online, 1 suspected of training their parrot to speak racial slurs and 10 cases of bike thieves outrunning police cars.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •