Best race Horde and Alliance?

After taking a big break of WoW, I recently started playing again. I really want to do some BG's and Arena's again.
    However, I was wondering if Human was still the OP race to go with because I saw Horde ruling the US ladders. (Do have to say, I love the Horde more than the Alliance)

Also heard Belf is pretty OP with the silence right now although Blizzard will be nerfing that in the upcoming x-pac or patch?

So with this in mind, what would be the best race in arena's on both sides of the factions?

depends on class, for casters i'd say Void Elf, for melee especially burst/cc oriented like rogues probably blood elf

you can never go wrong with human/orc too, stuns are huge in legion and those two races reduce their effectiveness considerably

also Highmountain Tauren are untested but look very promising

Would you say that the Highmountains are worth the rep grind for a new 110 Monk for mainly PvP? I've really no interest in lore or achievements, so if the racial ability difference is no more than trivial, say compared to Undead, I'll just boost my 16 Zombmonk.

edit: mostly for arena

Quote Originally Posted by Erythros View Post
    depends on class, for casters i'd say Void Elf, for melee especially burst/cc oriented like rogues probably blood elf

you can never go wrong with human/orc too, stuns are huge in legion and those two races reduce their effectiveness considerably

also Highmountain Tauren are untested but look very promising
    this

and nighborne mage will be very good

i really enjoy night elf, its great for getting rid of pesky little pets, and confusing people, plus the day / night cycle of crit and haste is fun

orc i really enjoy, blood rage and the stun reduction is awesome, plus it has cool animations

as of tuesday with the new races, who knows which is best

10+ Year Old Account
    If BELFs really do get that 2.5 min CD nerf on their Arcane Torrent, I can legitimately see the M+ meta going to the HM Taurens.

They have very good racials for M+. Less damage taken (great for everyone, especially tanks), 1% Verse (great for everyone) and most importantly, an instant cast Charge attack that stuns/INTERRUPTS for 1.5s every 2 min (remember AT, might be getting nerfed to 2.5 min and it only silences for 2s).

For M+, I just don't see how any other race can touch that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toughschmidt View Post
    Would you say that the Highmountains are worth the rep grind for a new 110 Monk for mainly PvP? I've really no interest in lore or achievements, so if the racial ability difference is no more than trivial, say compared to Undead, I'll just boost my 16 Zombmonk.

edit: mostly for arena
    If they didn't look so goofy as Monks, I'd race change mine in a heart beat. They have the best PvE racials in the game IMO. I already started a HM Druid that I'll be leveling up to unlock their heritage armor and hopefully get him geared enough to to MT and everything before BfA.

If you don't mind playing a kung fu Moose, then go for it. They definitely have worthwhile racials.

Edit: Oh, if you want it mostly for PvP, then BELFs are still kings. AT is too good to pass up in arena (at least until they nerf its CD by a minute, which Ion pretty much confirmed in the Q&A they are getting nerfed in 8.0).
    Last edited by Saverem; 2018-02-01 at 08:31 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama