Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    I don't think there are many instances where the discrepancy in difficulty between 10 and 25 mythic is significant enough to warrant the use of the word "faceroll". if you did experience it that way, chances are your guild was carrying 15 baddies.

    Eliminating the weak links will in fact make the encounter easier to beat, but it will not necessarily result in an easier encounter.
    I think you are wrong, even something as silly as having to deal with 1 less circle to soak in encounter like Avatar is huge, because believe it or not - far from every guild is blessed with a stock of geared rogues to cheese things like that.

    It's not the point of "ur guild is baed", it is genuinely a case where there are more than enough lean Mythic guilds that can't just shit out whatever X class/spec that cheeses the encounter at the moment notice.

    Heck, we're on Argus now and it certainly would be nice to have 1 less Rage to care about, for example and by nice I mean it would be shitton easier... same with chains. Alternatively if number of Rages and Chains would not change with lower amount of people then more people would be easier and yes something like an ultimate boss of the instance is faced with best odds you can produce, it's not the point of being "bad" or nonsense like that, it's simple optimization.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2018-02-19 at 09:43 AM.

  2. #202
    Scarab Lord nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    4,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think you are wrong, even something as silly as having to deal with 1 less circle to soak in encounter like Avatar is huge, because believe it or not - far from every guild is blessed with a stock of geared rogues to cheese things like that.

    It's not the point of "ur guild is baed", it is genuinely a case where there are more than enough lean Mythic guilds that can't just shit out whatever X class/spec that cheeses the encounter at the moment notice.

    Heck, we're on Argus now and it certainly would be nice to have 1 less Rage to care about, for example and by nice I mean it would be shitton easier... same with chains.
    In all fairness, you're using an irrelevant example since Argus is (badly) designed around 20 players only. My point was that the discrepancy between 10 and 25 has never been big enough to warrant calling either one "faceroll". Fact of the matter is that some fights were harder in 25 man mode and others in 10 man mode.

    I sincerely believe the quantity of participants does not say anything about the encouter's difficulty. I've seen 8 man FFXIV raids that were harder than quite a few 25 man mythic raids, for example.

    Anyway, further discussing this really is like flogging a dead horse. The point is that we will not be forced to raid for tier sets anymore and that's a very, very good thing.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2018-02-19 at 09:48 AM.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This is simple, I used to raid 10 man for about as long as it was available, but I do buy all the reasons to make mythic 20 only, if that is what makes encounters more complex and smarter and makes content flow - I am all for it, after all bunch of excuses aside - anyone who wants to raid Mythic is able to do so, unless he is not really up to a challenge.
    Well im not up to the challenge of raiding with randoms so its no mythic raiding for me.I get that its appealing for blizzard to have it easier for them in just having one raidsize to do properly (since heroic is loosely tuned bs) but its a shame that they made it a lot more exclusive at the same time.Having 10man mythic was a dream come true for my guild since we could finally raid with the core group of 10 years and have fun.But now its all gone and we along with pretty much all the not-english-speaking guilds are fucked when it comes to mythic raiding.Some people in here brought up the difficulty issue between the old 10man and 25man versions but we didnt care even if every encounter would have been harder in 10 man.We were just happy to be able to raid with tight-knit group and have a blast.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    I do?

    Care to elaborate?

    Isn't really necessary. You are just being willfully obtuse apparently. Mythic plus is a leg up for raiding. Not the other way round.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

  5. #205
    Scarab Lord nocturnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    4,502
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Isn't really necessary. You are just being willfully obtuse apparently. Mythic plus is a leg up for raiding. Not the other way round.
    Foolish insinuations are far more entertaining when they are explained and therefore can't be taken back.

    Not necessary to elaborate, yet you do. I'd rather be obtuse than, well, like you. We raided mythic for the tier set which we need to perform well in M+, ergo M+ isn't necessarily in service of raiding.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnowItAll View Post
    Well im not up to the challenge of raiding with randoms so its no mythic raiding for me.I get that its appealing for blizzard to have it easier for them in just having one raidsize to do properly (since heroic is loosely tuned bs) but its a shame that they made it a lot more exclusive at the same time.Having 10man mythic was a dream come true for my guild since we could finally raid with the core group of 10 years and have fun.But now its all gone and we along with pretty much all the not-english-speaking guilds are fucked when it comes to mythic raiding.Some people in here brought up the difficulty issue between the old 10man and 25man versions but we didnt care even if every encounter would have been harder in 10 man.We were just happy to be able to raid with tight-knit group and have a blast.
    We felt exactly the same. I play this game with my brothers and 4 friends. Before Legion we only needed to recruit 3 decent dpssers to raid mythic, now we would have to recruit 13. Next xpac will be amazing for us because we won't have to rely on anyone but our own group to do what we enjoy doing.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2018-02-19 at 06:19 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •