Post [Guardian] Relic ilvl over traits

Hey.

I was wondering when you should change a relic, purely based on ilvl. I know its dependable on class, relic, traits and so on. Should I change a relic purely based on ilvl if its about 35 ilvls higher? I currently have a 925 relic with decent traits but I also have a 960 lying around but with worse traits. When exactly, especially for Guardian druid, does ilvl and pure stat increase on weapon get better than the actual traits in the Netherlights Crucible?

:-)

Usually I go for ilevel first and compare traits only when they are near equal in ilevel. Certainly 35 ilevel higher I would personally just use it. Means your weapon has more stats and that would more than compensate for most traits, and help with damage.

I tend to prefer Thrash over ilvl but if it gets to be around 15 ilvl upgrade I start considering it. I'll also put whatever it is in the crucible to check because if the main thing isn't Thrash but the the third tier thing is I'll go ahead and replace it.

I hate to have to be "that guy" but you really just gotta sim it to find out for yourself. Relics with thrash traits will usually outweigh non thrash relics up to like 60 ilvl. For instance, I'm still using a 895 blood relic even though I have like 5 955+ blood relics (none of them have thrash as a main trait or in Netherlight crucible).

Long story short, relics are terribly balanced for guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoaxlis View Post
    I hate to have to be "that guy" but you really just gotta sim it to find out for yourself. Relics with thrash traits will usually outweigh non thrash relics up to like 60 ilvl. For instance, I'm still using a 895 blood relic even though I have like 5 955+ blood relics (none of them have thrash as a main trait or in Netherlight crucible).

Long story short, relics are terribly balanced for guardian.
    Sandbox sims in a vacuum looking at dps as a tank. Don't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Sandbox sims in a vacuum looking at dps as a tank. Don't do this.
    No reason not to view it from this perspective, since the survival gains aren't really that necessary or noticeable by most. Plus, the Thrash trait really is that strong, especially with an Incarnation build. As Zoaxlis said, relic traits from a DPS perspective are terribly balanced, compounded by the fact that our damage output doesn't generally scale well with weapon ilvl as well as other classes.