Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

[BFA alpha] Enhancement Talent changes

We have a separate thread(or 2) for Elemental, but I didn't see anything for enhancement yet.

So thoughts on the changes to talents and baseline spells so far?

Talent Calc - http://bfa.wowhead.com/talent-calc/shaman/enhancement
    Summary of class changes - http://www.wowhead.com/news=281090/b...-spell-changes

- We get alot of Totem stuff. I personally like Tremor Totem(baseline) and Windfury Totem(talent) returning. Totem Mastery in place of Windsong is a great change imo and adds even more Totem themes to us with pretty solid benefits for enhance. Voodoo and earthgrab are gone from Enhancement.
    - We also see new defensive tools with Spirit Wolf (+speed and +dmg reduc in ghost wolf) and the return of Earth shield as talents.
    - We get Rockbiter, Flametongue and Frostbrand range increased from 10yards to 20yards.
    - New talent replacing Tempest is Elemental Spirits, letting us keep our Golden trait to spawn fire/ice/lightning wolves
    - Sundering is now an incapacitate
    - Purge is 4% base mana instead of 20% base, prob gona be alot of buffs to purge in pve content in BfA?

Disclaimer: These are first alpha build changes, all subject to change and nothing is final.

Deleted
    Dunno hard to comment really Probly why so few vids and stuff the enhance changes to me look solid. Nothing making me go OMG Amazing but nothing making me think oh god blizz what are you doing.

Looks like enhance will be a fun solid spec.

The other thread about Elemental is pretty much as expected, a complete salt mine.

My initial opinion on enhancement is positive though. I mean we get more defensive options which we definitely needed, QoL stuff like increased range on some of our upkeep and resource generating skills and new utility stuff like totems and earthshield.

Nothing mind blowing yet, as you said. However nothing I'm concerned or worried about yet either, though I would like to see Doom Winds remain as its a really satisfying CD.

Windfury Totem will be a great addition for utility in a melee heavy group on either Mythic + or in the raid.
    The Purge changes are probably due to changes of maximum mana due to the squish. It could also very well mean that we get a ton to purge.
    Sundering being an Incap is already better than it being a displacement. It adds a bit more utility for AoE and especially m+.
    The whole L75 row now actually as some choice: Do you want Utility? Take Windfury Totem for a melee heavy group, want some more cleave? Take Elemental Spirits, more ST damage? Overcharge is the way to go.
    Getting back actual defensives with Spirit Wolf and Earth Shield should help make us a bit more durable during PvE and PvP content. Spirit Wolf will shine during movement heavy encounters where you cant damage bosses if it stays the way it is.
    Totem Mastery actually gives us some of the current Doomhammer Traits back working a bit different. Other than that I see it more as a "Doomhammer + Doom Winds replacement".
    Getting 20 yard range is actually neat. Gives us extra utility and being able to attack bosses etc. from range without actually getting into trouble with mechanics.

Overall it looks quite good currently. I still dont like that we have to chose between a 3 second stun or survivability, or Feral Lunge NOT being baseline, as it is just the best talent in the L30 row. But since all of this is still subject to change (probably) we gotta wait and see what will change and what wont.

Also getting back tremor totem is one of the best things they could've done to help us in the utility department.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Yeh agreed, utility is the best part of these changes.

Thematically its nice to have totems back, but its also good to have value to a group outside of just pure dps and bloodlust that any shaman/mage spec has anyway.

Anti-fear is real strong for pvp, hopefully we get a bunch of it in BfA to give us value in raids/mythic+ while earth shield if it stays as is will be great for tank support or personal defense. Then wolf as an on demand 20% DR for sitting in wolf for 4secs, not bad at all. Windfury will be ridic in the right comps too.

Love this stuff, dont see any downsides so far. Now I just need Zandalari to have racials as good or better than regular Trolls

Feral Lunge needs to go base line imo, maybe Capacitor Totem as well to make the whole row suitability talents.

I'd like to see a change up on some of the passives as they're a bit boring, I'm looking at you Landslide and Ancestral Swiftness, I would of kept Windsong and removed Landslide personally.

Earthen Spike to me is one of the most boring spells ever, doesn't exactly make me feel epic though it has a very powerful debuff effect.

I can't see how Boulderfist will ever be able to compete with Earthern Spike or Ascendance on the bottom row so might as well add something more fun.

Sundering being incapacitate might make it more useful as a interrupt as well as not annoying your party by re-positioning them.

Windfury totem could be a massive DPS increase whilst soloing as you would get all 20 blasts of Windfury, sounds good to me and glad to see it's PVE return.

Overall I'm satisfied but hope for more improvements, it will be interesting to play with Spirit Wolf as a flag carrier etc.
    Last edited by Razaron; 2018-02-02 at 05:38 PM.

It looks ok.

Things I'd like to see:

- Doomwinds returns as a baseline ability.
    - Feral Lunge goes baseline, is replaced with cleansing or some other group utility for that tier.
    - T60 should be completely redesigned, its just such a boring set of talents since you've got two completely passive talents and a Flame tongue clone.

Also, I still want them to bring back the old Stormblast animation for Overcharge.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Things I'd like to see:

- Doomwinds returns as a baseline ability.
    I'll definitely miss Doomwinds if it doesn't return, I don't value spirit wolves as a throughput CD at all. Although depending on how Windfury totem plays out, it may work as a Doomwinds replacement.

If everyone within range of the totem gets 20 attacks its great, but if its just the first 20 attacks made by people nearby the totem then the rogues will just eat most of the charges.

Spirit wolves definitely feel weak. Its like you use a big cd but it does nothing noticeable. What i really miss is the windfury animation. What ever happened to that? Getting windfury procs and seeing it turn you into a tornado! Do we even get windfury procs any more..?

Been an enhancement shaman main for a long time, legion felt pretty good but there wasnt a ton of utility to choose from. These changes are making me very very pumped, just wish feral lunge was baseline tbh but i can live without it being so.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfartz View Post
    Been an enhancement shaman main for a long time, legion felt pretty good but there wasnt a ton of utility to choose from. These changes are making me very very pumped, just wish feral lunge was baseline tbh but i can live without it being so.
    Agreed. I mained Enhance in TBC with my Warlock and am now going back to main both in BfA. Lock gets shadowbolt back as a filler for Affliction (TBC) and Enhance is getting windfury totem and even Earth shield (will be much nicer for survivability assuming HS stays instacast with Maelstrom)

very excited for BfA as Shaman.

Well Capacitor Totem just went baseline, so got one of my wishes. Cross your fingers for Feral Lunge.

Few more changes like Rainfall being replaced by Ancestral Guidance.. etc.

http://bfa.wowhead.com/talent-calc/s...nhancement/c0c

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they completely change Bloodlust in alpha or am I reading it wrong? Does it say it only affects you and your target now and doesn’t give sated? Also it’s a Shorter CD.

Edit: Nevermind I misread Shamanism PvP talent.
    Last edited by Tezra1520; 2018-02-07 at 04:15 PM.
    Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not.
    Make it your strength, then it can never be your weakness.
    Armor yourself in it, and it can never be used against you.

I'm excited to see Sundering is an incapacitate instead of a knock-back.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    We have a separate thread(or 2) for Elemental, but I didn't see anything for enhancement yet.

Summary of class changes - http://www.wowhead.com/news=281090/b...-spell-changes

- We get alot of Totem stuff. I personally like Tremor Totem(baseline) and Windfury Totem(talent) returning. Totem Mastery in place of Windsong is a great change imo and adds even more Totem themes to us with pretty solid benefits for enhance. Voodoo and earthgrab are gone from Enhancement.
    - We also see new defensive tools with Spirit Wolf (+speed and +dmg reduc in ghost wolf) and the return of Earth shield as talents.
    - We get Rockbiter, Flametongue and Frostbrand range increased from 10yards to 20yards.
    - New talent replacing Tempest is Elemental Spirits, letting us keep our Golden trait to spawn fire/ice/lightning wolves
    - Purge is 4% base mana instead of 20% base, prob gona be alot of buffs to purge in pve content in BfA?

Disclaimer: These are first alpha build changes, all subject to change and nothing is final.
    I have never been a fan of totems so I find it slightly disheartening to see them possibly making a return. Thematically
    I have no issue with them, it's their actual use I dislike. Having a utility item tied to a specific location kind of sucks in my opinion. It's essentially a stationary buff which has the burden of already having a GC tied to it. Since I play most classes it has always been something that I specifically disliked about the class...though it is outweighed by the fun of the class so it is what it is.

My issue with removing windsong is losing it's animation, which was pretty cool...what a shame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post

Removing Windsong is a huge step backwards, it's sad that the only way the current devs can add anything to the game is by removing something else...
    Have they even considered the people that like Windsong, totem mastery is awful for enhancement, it's one thing for elemental since it's ranged but having a melee with that talent doesn't feel very nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    I didn't play Enhancement before Legion, and I'm happy with a couple of totems coming back, but one of the things I love about the spec is that I need to do nothing when swapping between targets a fair distance apart. I really hope that Totem Mastery doesn't make it live for the spec or, if it does, it's not the best talent
    Exactly...why mess up what's working, hey let us make some changes that make absolutely no sense "just because".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Windfury Totem will be a great addition for utility in a melee heavy group on either Mythic + or in the raid.
    The Purge changes are probably due to changes of maximum mana due to the squish. It could also very well mean that we get a ton to purge.
    Sundering being an Incap is already better than it being a displacement. It adds a bit more utility for AoE and especially m+.
    The whole L75 row now actually as some choice: Do you want Utility? Take Windfury Totem for a melee heavy group, want some more cleave? Take Elemental Spirits, more ST damage? Overcharge is the way to go.
    Getting back actual defensives with Spirit Wolf and Earth Shield should help make us a bit more durable during PvE and PvP content. Spirit Wolf will shine during movement heavy encounters where you cant damage bosses if it stays the way it is.
    Totem Mastery actually gives us some of the current Doomhammer Traits back working a bit different. Other than that I see it more as a "Doomhammer + Doom Winds replacement".
    Getting 20 yard range is actually neat. Gives us extra utility and being able to attack bosses etc. from range without actually getting into trouble with mechanics.

Overall it looks quite good currently. I still dont like that we have to chose between a 3 second stun or survivability, or Feral Lunge NOT being baseline, as it is just the best talent in the L30 row. But since all of this is still subject to change (probably) we gotta wait and see what will change and what wont.

Also getting back tremor totem is one of the best things they could've done to help us in the utility department.
    WF totem is just another form of stormlash. Boring. Press it once a minute and deal some extra autoattack damage.

It is either too strong (so everyone takes it) or too weak. And why stormlash? It is another form of "others deal damage that has to be accounted towards the user".

No excitement at all. Utility would have been stuff like "and auto attacks heal you for...". But it is just a new stormlash thats tied to a on use effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    WF totem is just another form of stormlash. Boring. Press it once a minute and deal some extra autoattack damage.

It is either too strong (so everyone takes it) or too weak. And why stormlash? It is another form of "others deal damage that has to be accounted towards the user".

No excitement at all. Utility would have been stuff like "and auto attacks heal you for...". But it is just a new stormlash thats tied to a on use effect.
    Pretty much this. It's just Legion Stormlash in a more controlled iteration. Your damage being outsourced to other people is still your damage in the end, it's not utility.

Not sure why people are so obsessed with Feral Lunge, it's easily the worst charge ability in the game. Slow travel time and on the GCD.
    Really hope Totem Mastery gets removed before BfA launch, it's such an uninteresting and annoying talent.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2018-02-28 at 09:06 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    My issue with removing windsong is losing it's animation, which was pretty cool...what a shame.

- - - Updated - - -

Removing Windsong is a huge step backwards, it's sad that the only way the current devs can add anything to the game is by removing something else...
    Have they even considered the people that like Windsong, totem mastery is awful for enhancement, it's one thing for elemental since it's ranged but having a melee with that talent doesn't feel very nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly...why mess up what's working, hey let us make some changes that make absolutely no sense "just because".
    Noone liked windsong. Enhance has enough buttons and doesnt need additional fire&forget buttons.

The biggest buff is actually the nerf of other specs.

I was going to try the new 'how many buffs can a juggle spec. Then I saw they moved hailstorm to the same teir as searing assault. I was going to have fun juggling hailstorm, searing assault, boulderfist, plus all the normal abilities.