I still think Seigebreaker would be a cool melee dps spec name for tinker
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Hey Teriz, I. LOVE. THIS.

My only change to this design is eliminating the healing spec and focusing instead on non-mech, ranged DPS tinker using a lone wolf marksmanship hunter style design.

A.) I don't think every new class has to be a hybrid, and healers already have multiple choices of hybrid classes (all of them except priest and shammy)
    B.) we REALLY need another class that uses guns and bows.

I'd like to see the mech-less Tinker serving a military commando Rambo sort of design. Throwing around bombs, calling in for backup and deploying air strikes through a walkie-talkie.

- - - Updated - - -

This class design concept is so good even @Ielenia would appreciate it, when they inevitably sniff out a new tinker thread to derail.

Deleted
    I don't like the dependancy on a suit.

It should have a spec thats more like heimerdinger in league of legends..

TURRETS AWW YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend
    This class design concept is so good even @Ielenia would appreciate it, when they inevitably sniff out a new tinker thread to derail.
    I highly doubt those guys appreciate anything related to the Tinker class.

Deleted
    Very well put together. I like the concept a lot. One question though: Why go through all the effort of designing it? It's never going to see the light of day as far as Blizzard are concerned.

Oh a 489'490'394th thread on tinker that nobody wants.

Neat idea, but I think only having a tank/dps spec would help avoid overlap with other classes in the same vein they did with DHs

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    This class design concept is so good even @Ielenia would appreciate it,
    I don't, and that's all I'm going to say about that.

when they inevitably sniff out a new tinker thread to derail.
    Because discussing the tinker idea presented is "derailing" the thread, now?

Also, seems to me you want this thread to be derailed, since you claim posters against tinkers "derail the thread", yet you did your part to "summon" me?
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2018-02-03 at 07:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Oh, another irrelevant flatulence to increase post count.

OT: Keep it up Teriz!

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Agree tbh. The whole tinker idea is dumb. Nobody wants to play cringey gnomes or goblins as is. Putting them in a suit and gutting engineering more than it already has been isn't going to change that.

/Puts down Tinker disgust googles for a moment.

Specs:

Tank:Bland.You got a lot of spells with different themes but they barely interact with one another and present no clear playstyle the to what the spec should do.The description:
    The Siegecrafter is Tinker that pilots a heavily armored mech into the front lines of battle. The Siegecrafter’s mech is modified to not only withstand large amounts of damage, but to also deal large amounts of damage to its targets as well.
    Does not help because that could be applied other tanks and it also doesn't present what the whole playstyle is about.

Where is the damage reduction spells?Why have a passive that interacts with the spells being RNG based(thats a question to blizzard as well.)?Why have two themes(pull to a place and mech overload) if they don't really interact with the rest of the spells and one another?

Tips:
    Think of the playstyle, this guys is supposed to be a tank, create a playstyle that fits a tank with damage reductions or shields(you already presented this on the general abilities so is not out of place), defining what the spec and rotation is all about.
    Make the spells interact with one another(this is the most important) make the flamethrower interact with the oil, as well the Cannon buster,
    Be more creative with the spells,Magnetic armor and blade aren't much different from one another othen then one being pull to a target location and the other the mech.
    Make one a AoE slow that moves with the Mech or a slow at the target location.

Dps:The best of the bunch, i was actually interested...until Cluster rocket.

The idea was clear on the 1 and 3, shoot and splash damage with the lazors being the focused shot, which are nice ideas.

But then...Cluster rockets, a toggle spell that looks like a talent if not a proc and the self-destruction spell that is a 30MIN CDthats 3 bloodlust cds, you can finish half a raid and this shit wouldn't be off-cd if wasn't for the boss reseting spells.The damage would need to be 25%(instant kill in PvP) of the enemy hp to be worth using because you're stuck with 15s forbid of using your main dps source.

Tip:The idea is good and not far from imagination, but rework these two abilities and elaborate more on the playstyle(again).But is the best of the bunch

Healer:
    The Medic Tinker pilots one of the weaker mechs of the group. This mech has slightly more armor than the Assault mech, but far less armor than the Siegecrafter mech. The mech is designed for assisting and defending allies. Many of the Tinker’s machines and devices are reconfigured to dispense healing to nearby allies as well as attacking nearby enemies. They are the only healers in WoW who do not use Mana as a resource.
    Carefull when making promisses.

Mana is not a matter of being different, it is of balance.All healers use mana/same system in order to predict and control how much they can heal.Saying that(they are the only healers without mana) can give the impression that they offer some kind of new gameplay but in the end they will be just text flavour and mana in disguise.

But i will give the benefit and let you clarify on this one.

The Dps was the most interesting, but this one is the most solid, but not exactly that interesting.

You have passives that show how some of the spells are supposed to work, shot, spray, chance to heal more and you finally used the Turret mechanic.

Tip:Not much to give, just keep doing what you're doing, maybe be more creative so that the spec has more going for it, maybe carry barrels of healing quemicals that you can place and explode.

Just drop the
    Adrenaline Bomb: Increases the movement speed of all allies in your party, clears any debuffs on your allies, and heals them for every step they take during duration. Lasts x seconds.
    Don't try a gimmick just for the sake of it.
    General Abilities
    Why?
    Some of this are ok but you put spells that could be a spec of their own but you dumb them down and introduced them to all of the specs, the turret mechanic was given to all specs but only one actually uses it.

its like the Dk in MoP where we have Raise dead for all specs for the sake of existence while only UH actually uses it.Either scrap the turrets or make them fuction to at least 2 specs and restrain them to those 2 specs or make them Healing only.

I will not give my overhaul opinion of the concept, considering you said you're adding stuff.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I don't, and that's all I'm going to say about that.

Because discussing the tinker idea presented is "derailing" the thread, now?

Also, seems to me you want this thread to be derailed, since you claim posters against tinkers "derail the thread", yet you did your part to "summon" me?
    There's a difference between "TINKER DUMB" or "ENGINEERING PROF LOL" and...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    /Puts down Tinker disgust googles for a moment.

Specs:

Tank:Bland.You got a lot of spells with different themes but they barely interact with one another and present no clear playstyle the to what the spec should do.The description:

Does not help because that could be applied other tanks and it also doesn't present what the whole playstyle is about.

Where is the damage reduction spells?Why have a passive that interacts with the spells being RNG based(thats a question to blizzard as well.)?Why have two themes(pull to a place and mech overload) if they don't really interact with the rest of the spells and one another?

Tips:
    Think of the playstyle, this guys is supposed to be a tank, create a playstyle that fits a tank with damage reductions or shields(you already presented this on the general abilities so is not out of place), defining what the spec and rotation is all about.
    Make the spells interact with one another(this is the most important) make the flamethrower interact with the oil, as well the Cannon buster,
    Be more creative with the spells,Magnetic armor and blade aren't much different from one another othen then one being pull to a target location and the other the mech.
    Make one a AoE slow that moves with the Mech or a slow at the target location.

Dps:The best of the bunch, i was actually interested...until Cluster rocket.

The idea was clear on the 1 and 3, shoot and splash damage with the lazors being the focused shot, which are nice ideas.

But then...Cluster rockets, a toggle spell that looks like a talent if not a proc and the self-destruction spell that is a 30MIN CDthats 3 bloodlust cds, you can finish half a raid and this shit wouldn't be off-cd if wasn't for the boss reseting spells.The damage would need to be 25%(instant kill in PvP) of the enemy hp to be worth using because you're stuck with 15s forbid of using your main dps source.

Tip:The idea is good and not far from imagination, but rework these two abilities and elaborate more on the playstyle(again).But is the best of the bunch

Healer:
    Carefull when making promisses.

Mana is not a matter of being different, it is of balance.All healers use mana/same system in order to predict and control how much they can heal.Saying that(they are the only healers without mana) can give the impression that they offer some kind of new gameplay but in the end they will be just text flavour and mana in disguise.

But i will give the benefit and let you clarify on this one.

The Dps was the most interesting, but this one is the most solid, but not exactly that interesting.

You have passives that show how some of the spells are supposed to work, shot, spray, chance to heal more and you finally used the Turret mechanic.

Tip:Not much to give, just keep doing what you're doing, maybe be more creative so that the spec has more going for it, maybe carry barrels of healing quemicals that you can place and explode.

Just drop the

Don't try a gimmick just for the sake of it.
    General Abilities
    Why?
    Some of this are ok but you put spells that could be a spec of their own but you dumb them down and introduced them to all of the specs, the turret mechanic was given to all specs but only one actually uses it.

its like the Dk in MoP where we have Raise dead for all specs for the sake of existence while only UH actually uses it.Either scrap the turrets or make them fuction to at least 2 specs and restrain them to those 2 specs or make them Healing only.

I will not give my overhaul opinion of the concept, considering you said you're adding stuff.
    If you want to hate tinkers, fine. Lots of people hated the idea of demon hunter and even more hated the idea of monk. But if ya want to offer criticism at least define why.

If you want to hate tinkers, fine. Lots of people hated the idea of demon hunter and even more hated the idea of monk. But if ya want to offer criticism at least define why.
    Did you actually read?

I explained why things didn't work and gave examples of how could it be better and even praised what he did right.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Did you actually read?

I explained why things didn't work and gave examples of how could it be better and even praised what he did right.
    Its not directed at you.

Its not directed at you.
    Oh, my bad then.
    Mage Tower Final Result:

10+ Year Old Account
    This is freaking great!
    The only thing I don't like is being dependant on the mech, for me The mech should be that bad ass CD to go into WORLD DOMINATION MODE, but that's just me, excelent thread.

I won't lie Teriz, I quite like your concept and would roll it in an instant. So long as you stop jumping in other class threads claiming how impossible they are and that tinkering is the future, you'll be able to gain a following.

Why would one ever be on pilot mode? Would the mech be a CD, or would the rotation actually require you going pilot every now and then? Perhaps pilot mode could be stronger at a very specific thing, such as CC or single target damage I like the idea of having 2 separate rotations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to everyone who has reponded so far. I've made a few changes to the OP and I'll be making more later. I'll also be responding to posts in this thread. Be back soon!

15+ Year Old Account
    Think about how the specialization would play in general. You can not just mash a few cool looking abilities together and call it done.
    Try to have more skills interact with each other as a basic rotation, this is important to a lot of players. Think about why and when would you use a certain skill. After you nailed that down, add some utility spells/abilities.

When making spell- examples leave out the percentages, many readers read to much into them.

So instead of writing:
    Rapid Fire: Rapidly shoots your gun three times for 200% attack damage.
    Make it:
    Rapid Fire: You rapidly fire your gun three times for a heavy amount of physical damage.
    Anyway great concept!!

Also those that are saying no because of an almost dead profession are just being ignorant and stupid.

Deleted
    Great job! Looks promising. I hope we get Tinker in the future, along with Bard.