Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thumbs down For the love of whatever u belive in can we get back the old dungeons???

I dont think that im the only one thinks that while leveling questing is just fun when you are doing them for the first time not for the 9th time. and dungeons was good fast and rewarding now with the new update they are just not worth it or when u do them they are buggy and dissapointing the new leveling system is such a mess in my opinion. First of all they need to fix the buggs at low level dungeons and maybe buff the xp reward so they can feel worth. i like that they are harder but its pointless if its not rewarding like that. but right now it just feels like a damn useless mess.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about the XP or rewards, just to get this clear, but what do you mean with "buggy and dissapointing"?

I don't want dungeons to be completely faceroll again. Hopefully they will continue to work out the bugs that came from applying blanket algorithm. I like when the bosses live long enough to at least see what their special ability is, and think it's healthier for the game if dungeons require tanks and healers to do their job (even if they are still learning how). So overall I support the changes, but do hope Blizz continues to tweak where needed.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Stop doing dungeons for real, the fastest way to level currently is to have a friend just run you through them.

Dead mines 10-35.

Zul'Farrak 35-60.

This is where you have options.

Ramparts is too fast a clear and you'll probably hit instance limit too fast, but you have to do it at least until 63. This is when you go do underbog/slavepens. You can do this till 65 and then you go Shadow Labyrinth. The goal here is to make it to 67 so you can zone into halls of lightning.

The "60-67" area is one we're still working on. It's the worst of them all.

Anyway.

Halls of lightning 67-80.

Either blackrock caverns or stonecore to 84. You can do blackrock caverns to 82 and then stonecore to 84 if you want.

At this point you go to grim batol. Grim batol is perfect all the way to 90, the runs take the correct amount of time to where you won't hit the instance limit and the xp is insane.

Once at 90 we did slagmines to 100. We tried every WoD Dungeon and mines was by far the best, you can jump in the lava at the end for a quick exit.

From 100-110 you AFK argus invasion points. You need the engineering toy, val is the best one to afk. It's about 25 minutes per level all the way to 110. Just afk/group hop.

This entire thing is absurdly fast and it's the only quick way to level now.

You can actually do invasion points from level 10-110 if you want but it's not very fun.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All they need to do is increase the EXP they give to be in line with the amount you could get pre-patch.

I.e. Dungeons take 3x as long, so make them give 3x the experience they did pre-patch. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post

From 100-110 you AFK argus invasion points. You need the engineering toy, val is the best one to afk. It's about 25 minutes per level all the way to 110. Just afk/group hop.

You can actually do invasion points from level 10-110 if you want but it's not very fun.
    Argus invasion points for levelling? o_O care to explain how?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Argus invasion points for levelling? o_O care to explain how?
    Think he meant legion invasions on the broken isles.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I actually enjoyed the new dungeons on my level ~40 warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    No because he specifically mentions invasion point 'Val'. Also he says 'Argus', pretty tough to mix Argus with Broken Isles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    He mentions the Argus engineering toy. He means Invasion Points.

As for the OP, yes. Thanks to the updates dungeons are completely pointless unless you're being boosted through them. The exp they give is shite and they take much, much longer.

I've heard people say that you 'do them for gear' now, which is just laughable. Who in their right fucking mind is going to break off leveling for a minor stat boost?

Dungeon gear is irrelevant while leveling because of how fast quests spit out green items at you that are only a few stats lower than dungeon gear. And thank fuck for its irrelevancy. Gearing is for endgame, not for leveling.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-02-04 at 11:31 AM.

If you hate it so much, just buy a boost. What a horrible way to play a game.

Stop doing dungeons for real, the fastest way to level currently is to have a friend just run you through them.

Dead mines 10-35.

Zul'Farrak 35-60.

This is where you have options.

Ramparts is too fast a clear and you'll probably hit instance limit too fast, but you have to do it at least until 63. This is when you go do underbog/slavepens. You can do this till 65 and then you go Shadow Labyrinth. The goal here is to make it to 67 so you can zone into halls of lightning.

The "60-67" area is one we're still working on. It's the worst of them all.

Anyway.

Halls of lightning 67-80.

Either blackrock caverns or stonecore to 84. You can do blackrock caverns to 82 and then stonecore to 84 if you want.

At this point you go to grim batol. Grim batol is perfect all the way to 90, the runs take the correct amount of time to where you won't hit the instance limit and the xp is insane.

Once at 90 we did slagmines to 100. We tried every WoD Dungeon and mines was by far the best, you can jump in the lava at the end for a quick exit.

See this just shows how different we can be. Not saying you're wrong and I'm right, because the whole thing is subjective, but this is about the most boring least fun way I can imagine for leveling. Which is more repetitive - questing through an old zone I won't have played in at least six months, or running the same dungeon over and over and over? Which is more tedious - learning to kill stuff with my new toolkit, which expands one new spell at a time, or being mostly passive and useless chasing my friend who is melting it all for me? Plus I would feel self-conscious the whole time for taking up my friend's time when they could be doing something that benefited them.

For me the best way to level is to do it during odd hours wen nothing else much is happening, maybe after raid before I turn in or over coffee when I first get up in the morning. It's something I peace out with when I'm taking a break from more challenging stuff like M+ or current raids. I only level new toons once a year or so, since I've got plenty of 110 alts already, and there's enough different zones that I can usually find one I haven't played in a couple of years. Thinking my next alt will be a Zandalari shaman.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RquesT View Post
    I dont think that im the only one thinks that while leveling questing is just fun when you are doing them for the first time not for the 9th time. and dungeons was good fast and rewarding now with the new update they are just not worth it or when u do them they are buggy and dissapointing the new leveling system is such a mess in my opinion. First of all they need to fix the buggs at low level dungeons and maybe buff the xp reward so they can feel worth. i like that they are harder but its pointless if its not rewarding like that. but right now it just feels like a damn useless mess.
    old dungeons never were about xp, they gave horrible xp compared to questing. The only reason why you would want to go to dungeons when stocked on heirlooms were dungeon quests. Back then you also had to finish appropriate quest line to get it. Now you get them at the very entrance. Back then you could run a dungeon 10 or 15 times and get just a level for that from mob xp, which was fine, because this way you could farm dungeon for materials, gear or, you know, fun.

Then with all these xp boosts running out of control xp from mobs in dungeons have overtaken questing (especially considering literally no downtime compared to old dungeons when you had to run to the entrance and run to the city to form a group). Which sucked balls, because you could think "hey i really want that postmaster cloth set and run some low level BGs in it" but NOPE, you enter stratholme, finish it, and you are 3 fucking levels above whatever you entered.

So, to answer your question, blizzard just brought old dungeons into the game, you don't get ridiculous amount of xp out of it, but they still provide more xp than they should be IMO, purpose of dungeons is to finish story arc of a appropriate location and to give that sweet-sweet xp boost from doing all the quests in it. And most important thing - cool gear that makes your monster killing experience outside of a dungeon easier and faster, until you outlevel your gear and have to do that again.

I have no problem with people not enjoying outleveling your own gear, so, there is heirloom. I also have no problem with people who want faster leveling, so, there is heirloom again. But i do have problem with dungeons providing crapton of xp for afk-walking through them like it used to be.

I remember using this analogy in another thread, but leveling through dungeons should be an option, just like leveling through mining/herbalism, leveling through BGs, leveling through pet battles. But it should be at the same speed as these options above, so if you want to level really fast you have to plan your leveling strategy and use all tools available instead of queuing as a tank, soloing dungeon by spamming AoE abilities, rinse and repeat

And yes, i understand that you refer to pre-7.3.5 dungeons as "old dungeons", and not to post-heirloom
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-02-04 at 12:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

They will probably nerf the XP if you run with a character that's too high level.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the change a lot, because mobs and bosses actually live now to show the (very few) abilities they have, instead of being AoE globalled. I do think XP from dungeons needs to be increased like 20% though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrallinor View Post
    I don't care about the XP or rewards, just to get this clear, but what do you mean with "buggy and dissapointing"?
    Hadranox buggedf 4-5 times and didnt came up at anub'arak dungeon and said fuck it (at diffrent times not in the same dungeon) and some bosses just refused to die like when 1 hp left they just stand and group couldnt move on.

No, you can use the argus engineering toy to port there at level 5 with level 1 engineering. When you kill the boss, they give experience. And it's a lot, which is why doing it from 100-110 is the fastest way.

But like I said, you can do it from level 5 if you wanted, but the group finder isn't available until 10 I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    What they do need to change is that personal loot setting for old dungeons at max level. Trying to get mog is a pain in the ass right now.

It takes like 7-10 hours longer to level to max level.. it's not the end of the world.

I just leveled a nightborne for the heritage gear and I enjoyed the way leveling is now and hope we never go back to the way it has been for far to long.