New allied races - thoughts?

Hi,

So what do people think of the new allied races?

Void Elf has a 5% dps boost called Entropic Embrace that procs for 12 seconds, not sure of the rppm, but it feels about once a minute, so it's like a 1% dps boost on average.
    The Spatial Rift teleport is interesting. Works a little like explosive shot; you fire a shadow out up to 40 yards, which moves quite slowly, and activate it again to teleport. If you don't use it within a few seconds of it reaching 40 yards, it goes away.

The Lightforged Draenei have an AOE on a 2.5m timer, but it seems to be an AOE around you, so only apparently useful for Survival.
    Not much else of dps interest, except if you die you blow up and do damage... woo!

I'm currently human, so enjoy the 2% secondary stat bonus and the un-stun on a 2min timer. Would need to sim to see how the 2% stat bonuses stack up to the Entropic Embrace; it may well come out quite similarly, just depends if you want the persistent bonus or one on RNG.

I'm tempted to go Void Elf for something different for a while, then I'll see how much I miss Every Man for Himself. The animations are OK; the bow is fired at a slight angle from upright, but not horizontally like night elves.

Thoughts? Will likely change before BfA releases fully I guess

R.

Human is still top DPS for racials. VE comes in around 5th iirc, though with a "blink" it might count as a dps boost with some planning for some boss abilities. Lightforged and normal Draenei are dead last.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Rohip View Post
    The Lightforged Draenei have an AOE on a 2.5m timer, but it seems to be an AOE around you, so only apparently useful for Survival.

it's around your target, not yourself

Void Elf has a 5% dps boost called Entropic Embrace that procs for 12 seconds, not sure of the rppm, but it feels about once a minute, so it's like a 1% dps boost on average.
    Well the racial reads: Your abilities have a chance to empower you with the essence of the Void. Entropic Embrace increases damage and healing by 5% for 12 sec. It has a 33% proc chance with 60 seconds internal cooldown.

Apparently it doesn't work for any dmg done by pets (kill command, etc.) which is hopefully just a bug... otherwise i feel betrayed (once again). But i love the Looks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrya View Post
    Well the racial reads: Your abilities have a chance to empower you with the essence of the Void. Entropic Embrace increases damage and healing by 5% for 12 sec. It has a 33% proc chance with 60 seconds internal cooldown.

Apparently it doesn't work for any dmg done by pets (kill command, etc.) which is hopefully just a bug... otherwise i feel betrayed (once again). But i love the Looks
    Pet attacks/abilities don't work. Things like KC and DB I think do since they are abilities the character are using; however, it's a buff on the character and not the pet, so your pet does not gain damage for its attacks.