Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I loved them way back when, but I grew out of that kind of music around 15 or 16.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Or 'did' to be exact...

I'm not ashamed in saying I like the Spice Girls and still enjoy their songs but I remember in the hayday of their career a few movies and TV made reference on how awful they are and was curious if that was accurate
    I loved baby spice back when she was a chubby

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I loved baby spice back when she was a chubby
    You and me both. I had such a huge crush on her back in the day.
    Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I support the other side.

I was in late elementary school when they were big, and everyone in my school knew them. All the guys had crushes on them, all the girls wanted to be them. When my partner was a kid, he wanted to go see Spice World in the theaters just because he thought they were so pretty. Everyone knew the words to "Wannabe" - and I'd wager that a ton of people still remember the lyrics in the US. Mel B is probably seen the most on American television lately, but I'd wager that Victoria Beckham is pretty well known in the US still as well.
    (on a side note, I only included the links of them for those that didn't know who they are)

Of course, it was a bigger deal in the UK, I'd imagine. But their US fans weren't (and aren't) something to scoff at.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

who do you think made them popular? you aint shit if you cant do hollywood and USA. but yeah there were a quick fad, hot for a year or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    the spice girls are still around? i thought they fizzled out in the 2000's.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spice girls died fairly quickly in the US as I recall.

Though, not as near as annoying as having Celine Dion play on the radio nonstop when Titanic came out.

Or 'did' to be exact...

I'm not ashamed in saying I like the Spice Girls and still enjoy their songs but I remember in the hayday of their career a few movies and TV made reference on how awful they are and was curious if that was accurate
    There are no examples of all individuals a given nation unanimously agreeing on enjoying anything. This includes the spice girls. Yes, they absolutely had fans here, all their albums went platinum, and they've toured here as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I like the Spice Girls and every poser saying they didn’t back then are full of it. I also own Brittany Spears, N’Sync, Backstreet Boys and Nickelback all were great especially for listening to during long drives.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Hell I read Space Girls first... but Spice Girls is just as unknown to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Lol! Are you serious? The Spice Girls? It's been so long and you're still thinking about them?
    Probably because they're talking about a reunion and the fact that each member still gets media attention - Also most people don't immediately stop listening to music of the past

I only knew them as boner material. Not much with music, Eminem/Slim Shady took over that.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had two preteen sisters when the Spice Girls came out, to this day I can still sing all their lyrics. I heard their stuff so much I genuinely can't tell how much I like them, and how much they are just embedded into my teen years.

My sisters never went through any other band as devoutly as the Spice Girls - so it's not just me - my dad and my best friend from back then can also both sing all their lyrics (his younger sister was my sisters best friend).

This is also right in the midst of me being into like Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Tool, Slayer, etc - so it was pretty out of place for me musically.

I think the only other band from that point in my life that was anywhere as infectious or prolific in my life was Aqua - but that's because Aqua were pioneers in viral music.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2018-02-05 at 10:33 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

7+ Year Old Account
    Or 'did' to be exact...

What an absurd question.

I hated them when they first came out in England but there is no doubt how much of a impact they had in Britain and the USA.

Do Africans like the Baha men?

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Yeah, Victoria Beckman would still catch the high hard one.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    More like old spice now tbh.