Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Was at one time coming from the middle east. Now this comes from the middle east.

They're videos about Islam and Christianity, not ethnic cleansing. Also it seems you want to discredit every source I show you. Even Niel Degrasse Tyson who is a black man, is someone you didn't agree with. He basically explains that America doesn't want to end up like Islam.

That's true, but that doesn't mean you're correct.

ISIS is another denomination of Islam. They're just fanatic and interrupt the religion differently. Christianity had their version called the Crusade. Christianity says "thou shalt not kill", but last I checked they kill a lot. A lot a lot. Like crusades a lot. Yet people debate this meaning just as the Islamic people interrupt their book.

These books serve as a guide, and nothing more.

Yes, lets talk about that book. The first video goes over quotes from the Quran while the second goes on further. Like take this from the Quran.

But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advice them; [then if they presist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them

The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females.

If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four;

That's some fucked up shit, but then again they could be alt right racists, even though this is a religious debate and not one of race or political standing.

The meme you posted comes from the west obviously..
    ISIS has nothing to do with Islam, I told you already that what they are doing is against what the book says.
    You gotta stop taking a bad point from one specific region and associate it with a whole religion. If one sheep is black and 1 billion sheeps are white, you cant say that sheeps are black...

The videos you posted are propaganda and not valuable. The reason being that they pick one line from a paragraph that explains a very specific context and then they try to demonize the book by this line. Even though in many other parts of the book, it says that you shall not do such thing in almost any context. (example, killing is forbidden, however if your family is in danger, it is your duty to go to war and fight).
    Here are lines from the Bible that could show how evil is the Bible toward women and... (of course, unlike you, I know that the Bible does not promote these practices)
    Burn her - "And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire." (Leviticus 21:9)
    Wives submit to men - "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything." (Ephesians 5:22-24)
    Cut her hand - "When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her." (Deuteronomy 25:11-12)
    Female inferiority - "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God."(I Corinthians 11:3)
    Silence the woman- "Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

The list goes on... We have taken time to understand how the "not good" lines from the bible were not promoted by the Bible itself in later chapters. Why these people from your videos can't do the same?
    Islam has so much in common with Bible they are almost identical. They believe in the same thing. The Jews believed in Moses but did not believe the messiah was Jesus. Christians believe in Moses and that the messiah was Jesus. Muslims believe in same thing as Christians but the last prophet was Mohamed. They are fundamentally the same religion written in different languages with small changes. That's why they are almost identical and that's why knowledgeable people find people ignorant when they try to bash one religion while accepting another one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    The meme you posted comes from the west obviously..
    Of course it does. Cause the middle east doesn't block their Internet and allows their women to criticize their society without repercussions. Obviously.
    ISIS has nothing to do with Islam, I told you already that what they are doing is against what the book says.
    ISIS refers to themselves as an Islamic State. The quran like the bible can be interpreted many ways. It's not hard to see why some would go so far as to kill, considering the quotes.

Code:
        5:33 - The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter.

4:89 - They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks.

9:29 - Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
    You gotta stop taking a bad point from one specific region and associate it with a whole religion. If one sheep is black and 1 billion sheeps are white, you cant say that sheeps are black...
    I can and I will. If they don't like it then they should take it upon themselves to stop their own kind. Christians made a new testament because the old one is kinda fucked up. Old testament god is kinda a dick, while the new one is nicer and kinder. They need to make a new quran, but good luck since the book is finite even to you.

The videos you posted are propaganda and not valuable. The reason being that they pick one line from a paragraph that explains a very specific context and then they try to demonize the book by this line. Even though in many other parts of the book, it says that you shall not do such thing in almost any context. (example, killing is forbidden, however if your family is in danger, it is your duty to go to war and fight).
    Here are lines from the Bible that could show how evil is the Bible toward women and... (of course, unlike you, I know that the Bible does not promote these practices)
    Burn her - "And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire." (Leviticus 21:9)
    Wives submit to men - "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything." (Ephesians 5:22-24)
    Cut her hand - "When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her." (Deuteronomy 25:11-12)
    Female inferiority - "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God."(I Corinthians 11:3)
    Silence the woman- "Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

The list goes on... We have taken time to understand how the "not good" lines from the bible were not promoted by the Bible itself in later chapters. Why these people from your videos can't do the same?
    Islam has so much in common with Bible they are almost identical. They believe in the same thing. The Jews believed in Moses but did not believe the messiah was Jesus. Christians believe in Moses and that the messiah was Jesus. Muslims believe in same thing as Christians but the last prophet was Mohamed. They are fundamentally the same religion written in different languages with small changes. That's why they are almost identical and that's why knowledgeable people find people ignorant when they try to bash one religion while accepting another one.
    I don't advocate for Christianity, and if you haven't noticed I have given equal examples of fuckery for both Christianity and Islam. The real progress in the world is not being tied to a religion at all, like Japan. The Japanese are a society of people who do not believe in a God and don't practice religion. People in western societies are becoming less religious everyday. Those who are self proclaimed religious aren't consistent practitioners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    ISIS refers to themselves as an Islamic State.
    North Korea refers to itself as a democratic republic, too.

ISIS is a nationalistic manifestation, not a purely religious one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Every nation with borders and the will to govern itself and its people is nationalistic.
    No, but whatever floats your boat.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Name one nation that does not defend its own sovereignty then.
    This is not what nationalism is.

It also conflates 'nation' with 'state', which are not the same thing.

Ecosystems are fragile. Introducing something new can cause devastating effects.

There seems to be much bigotry in this thread. For those that don't know the definition see below.

bigotry
    noun

Intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/bigotry

Peace

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Ecosystems are fragile. Introducing something new can cause devastating effects.
    Good thing humans aren't an 'ecosystem' then.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    There seems to be much bigotry in this thread. For those that don't know the definition see below.

bigotry
    noun

Intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/bigotry

Peace
    What is wrong with being intolerant to intolerant?
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Good thing humans aren't an 'ecosystem' then.
    ...Are you serious?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Nationalism is a political ideology that implies that people will have self-determination in their own state's formation and defense of absolute sovereignty."
    It's also one that is inherently xenophobic and not conducive to a diverse or dynamic state and generally results in more conflict, not less.

Basically every European nation. The EU is hard at work eroding that though.
    Good riddance.

- - - Updated - - -

...Are you serious?
    Yes. Culture and society are not quantifiable in biological terms.

Yes. Culture and society are not quantifiable in biological terms.
    It's always so hard to tell when people are joking on this site because there is a wide variety of intelligence.

Ecosystem is not a biological word. That's what it started to denote, but it means any system of interconnections. The US is an ecosystem.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account

cal·iph·ate: the rule or reign of a caliph or chief Muslim ruler.

They consider themselves to be a caliphate, which means they're a religiously controlled regime. The entire idea behind the caliphate is to have a every aspect of life controlled by the Koran, from daily home life, to law and order. That sounds like the definition of a purely religious state, which I guess you could argue would their idea of nationalism.

This is not what nationalism is.

It also conflates 'nation' with 'state', which are not the same thing.
    Actually it is. Just because people have corrupted it into meaning fascism and racism today doesn't make it true.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what it started to denote.
    That's what it denotes, and means. Using an archaic or layman's definition to make an emotionally driven argument does not make you more intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account

To be Islamic all you gotta do is call yourself one. Just like all I gotta do to be a gamer is call myself one. This is not like joining a club where you gotta pass a test and pay a entry fee. The same goes for being a democratic republic.

None of this changes that they self identify as Islamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    What is wrong with being intolerant to intolerant?
    Perhaps from their point of view it is not them that are being intolerant. It is all a matter of perspective my friend.

I shall repeat that definition of "bigotry" one more time.
    "Intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself."

Peace

That's what it denotes, and means. Using an archaic or layman's definition to make an emotionally driven argument does not make you more intelligent.
    Okay, if you refuse to believe dictionary definitions, then you should also know that we are biological beings interacting with our environment. Adding more population affects the ecosystem.

Using science makes you intelligent. Ignoring it for your personal biased agenda makes you ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    cal·iph·ate: the rule or reign of a caliph or chief Muslim ruler.

They consider themselves to be a caliphate, which means they're a religiously controlled regime. The entire idea behind the caliphate is to have a every aspect of life controlled by the Koran, from daily home life, to law and order. That sounds like the definition of a purely religious state, which I guess you could argue would their idea of nationalism.
    The "idea behind it"?

Having every aspect of life subjected to religious principles is a means, not a motive. The motive is to empower the Islamic 'nation' by returning it to its perceived glory days under the Rashidun Caliphate.

So basically, it's the Islamic version of Make America Great Again.

- - - Updated - - -

False, anyone can be accepted to a society that is nationalistic.
    Not in the slightest. Nationalistic societies also have a habit of turning on each other once they lose an "other" to hate.

There is nothing xenophobic about wanting the rule of law to apply, and that the people should have the right to decide what happens to their own society.
    Self-determination is not nationalism. It is, however, also bullshit.

But since you are a fond believer in "ze 3rd Reich 2.0", I see there is no point discussing this with you.
    Me being a federalist does not make me a fascist. I'm sorry if that's a concept you're unfamiliar with.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, if you refuse to believe dictionary definitions, then you should also know that we are biological beings interacting with our environment. Adding more population affects the ecosystem.
    If you happen to think ecosystems magically align with political borders, maybe.

Using science makes you intelligent. Ignoring it for your personal biased agenda makes you ignorant.
    Let me know when you start using science.

Parasite load theory, human nature (group psychology), lack of education, bad experiences, misinformed, learning a new language is actually really hard; take your pick.