Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Crucible of Storms Release - April 16

    WoW Classic Update

    Patch 8.1.5 Will Drop on March 12th

    Crucible of Storms Release - April 16
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The raid isn’t at all part of their unlock requirements. Zandalari and Kul Tirans will be out the day the patch releases.
    Correct.

    Also, the current plan is for Crucible of Storms Normal/Heroic to open on April 16, 2019, and Mythic/Raid Finder to begin a week later on April 23.

    Battle of Dazar’alor is still quite new – a majority of organized raiders are working their way through their initial preferred difficulty, with higher difficulties to follow for many, and the final Raid Finder wing of Battle of Dazar’alor just opened this week.

    “So much death here, so much power.” --Xal’atath

  2. #2
    Yay more timegating with a crappy excuse......

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yay more timegating with a crappy excuse......
    How is this time gating? do you read? or just get pissy when you wake up and remember you have highschool class in 10min?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    How is this time gating? do you read? or just get pissy when you wake up and remember you have highschool class in 10min?
    Not wanting to open a fucking TWO BOSS RAID because one is "fairly new" is a poor excuse for timegating. But sadly people eat it up these days so /shrug.

    Sorry you can't see that and went straight to insults.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-01 at 07:03 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Not wanting to open a fucking TWO BOSS RAID because one is "fairly new" is a poor excuse for timegating. But sadly people eat it up these days so /shrug.

    Sorry you can't see that and went straight to insults.
    I would agree with you if more people had cleared BoD Mythic or if it had passed more time since BoD release, but it's been only 5 weeks. April 16th is reasonable.

  6. #6
    blizz never learns. patch 8.2 comes out when, august?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I would agree with you if more people had cleared BoD Mythic or if it had passed more time since BoD release, but it's been only 5 weeks. April 16th is reasonable.
    1. 2 extra bosses isn't going to hurt.

    2. Blizzard admitted a while ago that LFR aka the more casual audience is what justifies raid development.

    There go Blizzard design raiding with primarily the casual audience in mind. There is no need to timegate two whole bosses.

    Now go find me a solid reason as to why what is basically half a Terrace of Endless Spring should be timegated.

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire Palapop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I would agree with you if more people had cleared BoD Mythic or if it had passed more time since BoD release, but it's been only 5 weeks. April 16th is reasonable.
    Legion start vs. BFA so far:

    Legion 7.0 = EN BFA 8.0 = Uldir

    Legion 7.1 = TOV BFA 8.1 = BOD

    Legion 7.1.5 = NH BFA 8.1.5 = COS

    Legion 7.2 = TOS BFA 8.2 = Azshara......

    Still.... It feels like Legion gave us waaaaaaaay more... Maybe because of class campaigns, mage tower challenges.... 1 came with 7.0 and other with 7.2

  9. #9
    Soooo...

    They are making the same mistake as with High Maul and BlackRock Foundry. You can't release two raid instances in the same tier but delay one 10 weeks from the other. It means that the difficulty content that people are preferring to do (e.g. a heroic guild doing heroic) is already outgeared, since people already have 10 weeks of gear from the other instance in the same tier.

    So it is either too easy and people will clear it day 1, or it is too difficult and gear will not help since there are no upgrades on your difficulty left.

    It feels like a non-content content patch this way. And the only reasons to do the releases like this that I can think off are:

    1. Content development is lagging behind, which means there weren't enough resources to launch both raid instances.
    2. It is an artificial way to make it seem like content is being released and gives them more room to push 8.2 further back.

    While I dislike the sentiment it feels very much like WoW has a strategy to make a good expansion and then a poor expansion. Looking at the amount of systems/content implemented in Legion and comparing it to BFA and how much is iterations on what already was present in Legion it feels like the amount of hours put into the two expansions is miles apart. And for a game that requires a game purchase as well as a monthly subscription this feels very wrong.

  10. #10
    Old God Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    10,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Not wanting to open a fucking TWO BOSS RAID because one is "fairly new" is a poor excuse for timegating. But sadly people eat it up these days so /shrug.

    Sorry you can't see that and went straight to insults.
    It having a release date you don’t like isn’t in any way time gating this isn’t like AQ or the icc wings.

  11. #11
    Lmao, what the fuck.

    It should come late March.

  12. #12
    Old God Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    10,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Legion start vs. BFA so far:

    Legion 7.0 = EN BFA 8.0 = Uldir

    Legion 7.1 = TOV BFA 8.1 = BOD

    Legion 7.1.5 = NH BFA 8.1.5 = COS

    Legion 7.2 = TOS BFA 8.2 = Azshara......

    Still.... It feels like Legion gave us waaaaaaaay more... Maybe because of class campaigns, mage tower challenges.... 1 came with 7.0 and other with 7.2
    The class campaign would have been made up for across the two war campaigns and the extra leveling/zone content in bfa with there being 6 full story zones compared to legions 5 one of which was not clearly whole in 7.0.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yay more timegating with a crappy excuse......
    By that logic, everything blizzard slaps a release date on is "timegating".

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Legion start vs. BFA so far:

    Legion 7.0 = EN BFA 8.0 = Uldir

    Legion 7.1 = TOV BFA 8.1 = BOD

    Legion 7.1.5 = NH BFA 8.1.5 = COS

    Legion 7.2 = TOS BFA 8.2 = Azshara......

    Still.... It feels like Legion gave us waaaaaaaay more... Maybe because of class campaigns, mage tower challenges.... 1 came with 7.0 and other with 7.2
    Class campaign was done after first week, same with Suramar (with exception of last 2-3 chapters gated by rep). Mage Tower wasn't even a thing until 7.2 (and become more "casual" place after 7.3). Artifact was cool first 1-2 months, after that it was just paragon (later concordance).

    I think the answer is legendaries. People whined about them left and right, but they were exciting to get. For that people did emissary (so open world, but without pointless grinding), m+ and raids many times. BfA lacks this hook.

    I'm not telling that legos were perfect, of course it was pain in the ass for min-maxing people. Well, it's another proof that Blizz shouldn't listen to min-maxing crowd (like WoD wasn't enough).

  15. #15
    just a bit over 1 month from 8.1.5

    gotta

    get

    them

    subs

  16. #16
    There's no good reason not to release content when it's finished beyond stringing out player subscription time. Holding back raids is good for Blizzard's bottom line, not for players.

  17. #17
    LOL I'm not happy with BFA but come on guys... BoD literally just came out...

  18. #18
    Since BoD only has 6 bosses for each faction (with all of the better ones being Horde-Only) i would have liked more bosses added to the Tier early, too.

    And before you say "No, it's 9 bosses for everybody!" - just think about it for a second: If they made a 8.1.6 patch which read: "We are now giving you the chance to visit NPC Mercynator to swap your faction on the two BFA continents! This allows you to play the quests of the opposite faction! Since this means we DOUBLED the release content of the game available to everybody, we will therefore delay the 8.2 patch by 2 months! Enjoy!"

    ...would you like that? because that is actually what they did....they created 6 bosses for each faction (3 of which are mirrored)...and since that was suckingly little, they just forced you to faction-change and play the other 3 bosses on a charatcer that is not your character.

    It is the same as forcing you to swap factions to play the quests of the other continent. But for some reason most players seem to not be bothered by it in the raid....open your eyes people. If you are fine with this bullshit inside a raid, it will happen in the world next.

  19. #19
    Considering Crucible drops slightly higher Ilvl and has "special loot", i guess they do not want to undermine BoD progression that early, or the design / tuning side is simply not ready.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    ...would you like that? because that is actually what they did....they created 6 bosses for each faction (3 of which are mirrored)...and since that was suckingly little, they just forced you to faction-change and play the other 3 bosses on a charatcer that is not your character.
    Your logic is faulty.
    For all intents and purposes, BoD has twelve bosses, three of which you never get to see depending on your faction.
    But since those three are identical, there is no gain / loss.

    You fight nine different bosses in BoD, meaning Blizzard created nine different fight, it's just different visuals on three fights depending on your faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Since this means we DOUBLED the release content of the game available to everybody, we will therefore delay the 8.2 patch by 2 months! Enjoy!"
    Blizzard has so far not argued once that the "merc" thing of BoD did seriously add more content or is a justification to delay content.
    It's a tool to give both factions the same experience, that is all.

    Your character gets transformed for three bosses, that's the whole gist of it, they just used the Merc tech instead of regular Illusion / transform auras.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    And before you say "No, it's 9 bosses for everybody!" - just think about it for a second: If they made a 8.1.6 patch which read: "We are now giving you the chance to visit NPC Mercynator to swap your faction on the two BFA continents! This allows you to play the quests of the opposite faction! Since this means we DOUBLED the release content of the game available to everybody, we will therefore delay the 8.2 patch by 2 months! Enjoy!"
    I wouldn't even mind that, as it would save me the hassle of leveling an Alliance character to just get their side of the story.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-03-01 at 10:41 PM.

  20. #20
    I think its funny that they launch the raid 1 month after the patch myself. Just long enough that people who resubed to play zandalari or kultirans have to sub for another month.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •