Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What were your top 5 Jobs?

1. Radio Station - I was a call screener, job consisted of making sure nobody got queued that made the host look bad and getting yelled at by producers.
    2. Cable Customer Service- Job consisted of me listening to complaints about bills, and telling them to check their fittings or if the TV's on ch 3/4
    3. Tow Truck Driver- Mainly between 11pm to 5/6am Taking calls for people needing to be towed broken down, or in need of jump or changed flat.
    4. Worked as a Mechanic at Ford dealership in Winnipeg- Job consisted of basically lying to people and over charging them for stuff.
    5. Mall Security - Basically what I do now

Follow up question:

Have you ever been fired, spoken to, or written up and what for?

Off the top of my head I remember getting written up for hanging up on a woman who wanted me to talk to her cat. Her belief was for the $40 a month she paid for cable the least we could do is talk to her cat. I got written up because we weren't allowed to hang up on people.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2018-02-05 at 12:24 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    1. Radio Station - I was a call screener, job consisted of making sure nobody got queued that made the host look bad and getting yelled at by producers.
    2. Cable Customer Service- Job consisted of me listening to complaints about bills, and telling them to check their fittings or if the TV's on ch 3/4
    3. Tow Truck Driver- Mainly between 11pm to 5/6am Taking calls for people needing to be toed broken down, or in need of jump or changed flat.
    4. Worked as a Mechanic at Ford dealership in Winnipeg- Job consisted of basically lying to people and over charging them for stuff.
    5. Mall Security - Basically what I do now

Follow up question:

Have you ever been fired, spoken to, or written up and what for?
    top 5? ummm,

1. Migrant farm worker. - Think of the movie The Grapes of Wrath.
    2. Armor Tank crewman. - Had a blast, literally and when I drove them.
    3. Truck Stop attendant - for my uncle. Was a fun job and interesting talking to so many people.
    4. Machinist for Cummins Engine Co. - another fun job which paid really well, but did not offer much for retirement.
    5. Work Group Supervisor - for the Department of Defense. Civilian. Was a great job when it came to pay and benefits, but I did not enjoy it. But I was very successful at it.

I was spoken to many, many times. I was also very outspoken. And I was spoken to on several occasions for being so outspoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    top 5? ummm,

1. Migrant farm worker. - Think of the movie The Grapes of Wrath.
    2. Armor Tank crewman. - Had a blast, literally and when I drove them.
    3. Truck Stop attendant - for my uncle. Was a fun job and interesting talking to so many people.
    4. Machinist for Cummins Engine Co. - another fun job which paid really well, but did not offer much for retirement.
    5. Work Group Supervisor - for the Department of Defense. Civilian. Was a great job when it came to pay and benefits, but I did not enjoy it. But I was very successful at it.

I was spoken to many, many times. I was also very outspoken. And I was spoken to on several occasions for being so outspoken.

I'm renting grapes of wrath now, lol.

I would love to drive a tank minus the whole anybody shooting at it though.

Yeah Knights of the Road, probably a lot of story's at the truck stop.

Yeah, Machinist, sounds like the hard labor, but yeah good pay can help you start stable foundation in terms of savings. Along with long hours when younger.

Yeah you used to be a Man in Black, figures

Hahaha and it is good to know you took liberties when you were younger, sometimes the best way to learn is by making your own mistakes, I think for me when I had my moments it there was that ego check of even when I knew I was right, to learn to pick my battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm renting grapes of wrath now, lol.

I would love to drive a tank minus the whole anybody shooting at it though.

Yeah Knights of the Road, probably a lot of story's at the truck stop.

Yeah, Machinist, sounds like the hard labor, but yeah good pay can help you start stable foundation in terms of savings. Along with long hours when younger.

Yeah you used to be a Man in Black, figures

Hahaha and it is good to know you took liberties when you were younger, sometimes the best way to learn is by making your own mistakes, I think for me when I had my moments it there was that ego check of even when I knew I was right, to learn to pick my battles.
    Oh yeah. Like Dirty Harry said, " Every man needs to know his limitations." But then again it is also true what the one song stated, "You got to stand for something or you will fall for anything."

1. Project Manager (current)
    2. Team Coordinator (educational software development)
    3. Regional Sales Team Assistant (video game development)
    4. Chef (resort)
    5. Regional Client Services Manager (another video game developer)

What if you come from a country with a stable economy and strong worker's rights and education so that you only ever had one job?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    What if you come from a country with a stable economy and strong worker's rights and education so that you only ever had one job?
    Could get boring just welding parts on an assembly line all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    If it is one which provides well for you and your family and you enjoy it, that is great. Most people do not enjoy what they do however and still work at it because it does pay well and provides a more stable future or they want to stay where they are and not move.

7+ Year Old Account
    1: Diver. What i've been doing from 2015-2018.
    2: photographer for reality TV.
    3: Project manager for a fiber & telecom company.
    4: Team leader for fire security on construction sites.
    5: Bartender on a hotel.
    You must gain control over your gold or the lack of it will forever control you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrillGates View Post
    1: Diver. What i've been doing from 2015-2018.
    2: photographer for reality TV.
    3: Project manager for a fiber & telecom company.
    4: Team leader for fire security on construction sites.
    5: Bartender on a hotel.
    Sounds very interesting. My son in law use to be a boat Captain and he would take tourist out of West Palm Beach in Fla. on diving trips.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Sounds very interesting. My son in law use to be a boat Captain and he would take tourist out of West Palm Beach in Fla. on diving trips.
    For sure is! The diving life is amazing!
    You must gain control over your gold or the lack of it will forever control you.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Locomotive Engineer (Current)

2. Plumber (We make more money from DIY Homeowners than people who just leave it alone and call us first)

3. Sam's Club (Right after Sam Walton died but before his kids went into shit lord mode it was a great place to work with some really awesome benefits if you learned more than one department)

4. Electronics Department Manager (Being 16 with a full time job paying $14/hour in 1992 was pretty awesome)

5. Forklift Operator/Logistics (Not terrible work physically and it paid OK)
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

4. Chef (resort)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    4. Chef (resort)
    In need of attention much?

haven't had 5 jobs

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't even worked five jobs.

1. Load Planner for the USAF Reserves. I dictate where things go on cargo aircraft
    2. Passenger Service Rep for the USAF Reserves. This is what I did in Kuwait. I dictate where troops go on cargo aircraft
    3. Relationship Manager for Barclaycard US. I get yelled at by morons who didn't read the terms and conditions of their credit card.
    4. Ramp Agent/Aircraft Marshaller for GAT Airline Ground Support. I got shat upon by United Airlines, who refused to equip or man us adequately, slammed our schedule with more aircraft than we could handle and then complained when aircraft didn't leave on time.
    5. Lift Operator for Sunday River. Most boring job ever. They kept putting me in a top shack where all I could do was watch chairs go by and occasionally hit "stop" when some dumbass fell off.

Technically #1 and #2 are different positions in the same career field. So it's only 4 jobs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    5. Forklift Operator/Logistics (Not terrible work physically and it paid OK)
    In Kuwait, we drove 10k AT John Deeres all over the place. Was good times.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    4. Electronics Department Manager (Being 16 with a full time job paying $14/hour in 1992 was pretty awesome)
    I had a commissioned sales job when I was 19 and was making at least $40k per year. Dangerous for a kid that age.

Can I do a different list? Worst jobs?

1. Delivery driver
    2. Package loader
    3. Cold caller
    4. Janitor
    5. Chef (Current).

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I had a commissioned sales job when I was 19 and was making at least $40k per year. Dangerous for a kid that age.

Can I do a different list? Worst jobs?

1. Delivery driver
    2. Package loader
    3. Cold caller
    4. Janitor
    5. Chef (Current).
    Oh yeah a chef, nice what is your favorite dish that you personally love to make and eat?

Oh yeah a chef, nice what is your favorite dish that you personally love to make and eat?
    I just got home from a 15 hour day, and I'm about to microwave pizza rolls. My only chefing will be to mix some mayo with hot sauce to dip them in.

This is not my culinary preference, but it's all the energy I have. We don't really cook for ourselves except to test things.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I just got home from a 15 hour day, and I'm about to microwave pizza rolls. My only chefing will be to mix some mayo with hot sauce to dip them in.

This is not my culinary preference, but it's all the energy I have. We don't really cook for ourselves except to test things.
    Hahaha I really wouldn't have expected that, but if you did cook for you and had the energy, is there any one dish you make that is above all else?