Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    7 days on my main. The accounts relatively new! Managed to find a guild and kill argus on heroic though!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    better then having wasted nearly 3 years and ALOT more money following a hobby like warhammer or getting drunk or watching tv like game of thrones or breaking bad
    This is not true, sister. Warhammer makes you travel and meet with people. While it costs a lot it also encourages healthy lifestyle. Not to mention the very process of painting figures.

I encourage you brothers and sisters to participate in flesh bound activities for your own sake, your close ones and especially children if you have them. May Lord's light keep you warm in its shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    there goes ur life. i hope it was fun.
    personally i hope at the end of my life i wont have wasted nearly 3 years gaming in total.
    I'm sure you will have wasted it on other meaningless pursuits. I mean we are going to spend 25yrs+ of our lives sleeping, so 3yrs enjoying a video game seems small potatoes.

Each to their own.

In my case - I've spent around 2 years over the last 14 in WoW, and if it wasn't for WoW I'd have literally died 14 years ago. Some consider that a good deal - I'm still not sure
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2018-02-07 at 02:21 AM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Got 387 days on my main... but 90% of that is me AFK'ing.

I AFK waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. World Questing that typically takes half an hour would take me 12 hours to get done.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I AFK waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. World Questing that typically takes half an hour would take me 12 hours to get done.
    My rule is: Never do anything unless you want to do it
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Thorns View Post
    This is not true, sister. Warhammer makes you travel and meet with people. While it costs a lot it also encourages healthy lifestyle. Not to mention the very process of painting figures.

I encourage you brothers and sisters to participate in flesh bound activities for your own sake, your close ones and especially children if you have them. May Lord's light keep you warm in its shadow.
    This is not true brother. Warcraft makes you travel the world of azeroth, meet with people, while it costs little it encourages a healthy bank account, not to mention the very process of setting up transmogs!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    there goes ur life. i hope it was fun.
    personally i hope at the end of my life i wont have wasted nearly 3 years gaming in total.
    Ive been playing over 13 years. (testing woo.)

I met my wife on here. several friends.. I wouldn't be married or have a child without this game.. so hardly a waste for me!
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

It's funny watching people who post on a Videogame fansite criticize time spent on that same game. As though they themselves hadn't played it too. Pretending that somehow once you cross a certain threshold of time /Played it's suddenly a waste of life.

Here's the simple truth:

People playing wow are spending their life having fun. There are far worse things for them to be doing: Crime, drugs, gangs, etc.

As long as they aren't actually neglecting their health, or doing something damaging (such as playing for 48 hours straight), who are we to judge?

Some people might even make their living by playing games; hence the existence of Twitch and YouTube channels. Many people have made lifelong friends, or met their wife/husband.

Time spent on WoW is only a waste if you weren't having fun. To claim otherwise is just being salty.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    As long as they aren't actually neglecting their health, or doing something damaging (such as playing for 48 hours straight)
    -phew- Most i've played in a sitting is 37 hours on legion launch
    My wife was like "I'm going to stay up and play too!"
    *26 hours later*
    -wife sleep-
    Plebs

Also, added my other 100+ toons.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    It's different for everyone.
    It sure is and it's fine if you're happy with your life and finding your bits and pieces of your personal Maslow's pyramid. I'm not judging. I'll just say this - with hours like yours, totaling to over 1200h of playtime and considering your description of your life - if you're ever having a bad day and things feel pointless...or if you find that the game makes you angry or otherwise controls your daily feelings and thoughts.

If you notice you're feeling that regularly - just consider the fact that you might be suffering from addiction - I'm not saying you have to run to a psychiatrist now - but just consider the possibility - you're putting a helluva lot of time into *one* hobby. Just give it some thought - for your own sake :-)

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    It sure is and it's fine if you're happy with your life and finding your bits and pieces of your personal Maslow's pyramid. I'm not judging. I'll just say this - with hours like yours, totaling to over 1200h of playtime and considering your description of your life - if you're ever having a bad day and things feel pointless...or if you find that the game makes you angry or otherwise controls your daily feelings and thoughts.

If you notice you're feeling that regularly - just consider the fact that you might be suffering from addiction - I'm not saying you have to run to a psychiatrist now - but just consider the possibility - you're putting a helluva lot of time into *one* hobby. Just give it some thought - for your own sake :-)

Have fun!
    No matter what I would choose to do in place of wow I would do it with as much dedication as I play wow so I feel like you would say the same thing to me no matter what lol. The only time I get upset in wow is when I make a stupid mistake in raid other than that 99% of the time I'm usually laughing because I live in /4 and I swear wow chat has the funniest people on the planet.
    My Collection

Was 365 days played in WOTLK around Ulduar on 1 character.

Honestly no idea what I am now. I just remember 365 because it was a "landmark" amount of time and back then I checked regularly. I think I would spend around 150 days played per expansion give or take. Which meant 5 hours of sleep. I could sustain this "lifestyle" for 9 years. So that was about 600+ days played mid Cata. After that it went a lot slower. So I guess by now I'm around 1k days...
    Something I am no longer proud of. Should have quit in Cata and never return. Never have I liked the game as much as I did back then ever since.
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2018-02-07 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    -phew- Most i've played in a sitting is 37 hours on legion launch
    My wife was like "I'm going to stay up and play too!"
    *26 hours later*
    -wife sleep-
    Plebs
    Those are rookie numbers! Git gud, scrub! Effing casul!

Seriously though, everyone is a bit different. I suppose there are people out there who can actually stay up that long without any lasting ill-effects. But most people can't. I think the last time I did something like that was when Diablo 2 went live. I played for 38 hours straight. Uhg....

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Altoholic does combine all the hours across characters? Even cross-server? I'd have to install it ;3 I am really curious now what my total played is.

IT is very common and I still do it to this day, I'll go make food, shower, lol whatever but I always remain logged in until I DC because I am too impatient to wait for that 5 whole second loading screen. I did the same in the old guild wars, at least a quarter my playtime was afk.
    Yes I get that, again my comment was directed specifically at the one I first responded to on page 1. The wording of his statement make it sound like "If you played in Van/TBC/WotLK, you did AFK 80% of the time..." Which I responded "Flawed for you...". As I said, if I was on as like many of my friends and guildies, we were always doing something. So to label "False play time" under the blanket of "because you played from Van/TBC/WotLK" for everyone, is a false statement.

Swaped mains a lot but Acording to Al player addon igot 843d13h34s , playing since WotLK