Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    But... her emails?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    The RNC backed a pro-slavery pedophile, I don't know if the RNC is backing this guy, but it'd be par the course. They probably won't since it's un-winnable, but if it was winnable, they'd totally back him.
    Well the local RNC backed him up. If, the RNC, had any morale they would have appointed a decent human being instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Spending some effort to avoid unwanted political nominations is a foreign concept for someone supporting Putin.
    "Silly Americans, we only have Putin's party running against each other, why would you ever need to run ads against your own candidate? All opponents of Putin either commit a mysteriously uncharacteristic crime and are disqualified, or are killed by "Ukraine" or "The west" *winkwink nudgenudge*"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Spending some effort to avoid unwanted political nominations is a foreign concept for someone supporting Putin.
    Denying someone participation just for his views is perfectly understandable from "Putin supporter" side, however; it is as undermocratic as it gets, and Russia does that all the time.

He followed all proper procedures and made no mistakes that allowed to bar his participation before. He is also certain to lose. He even gets negative robocalls.

Yet somehow people think he shouldn't even be allowed to run, and Republicans need to provide spoiler candidate that would displace him... sure, if you want to be closer to Putin's Russia.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2018-03-24 at 12:16 PM.

Remember folks, being intolerant of Nazis makes you the real Nazi.

Just like being intolerant of racists makes you the real racist, and being intolerant of fascists makes you the real fascist. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Denying someone participation just for his views is perfectly understandable from "Putin supporter" side, however; it is as undermocratic as it gets, and Russia does that all the time.

He followed all proper procedures and made no mistakes that allowed to bar his participation before. He is also certain to lose. He even gets negative robocalls.

Yet somehow people think he shouldn't even be allowed to run, and Republicans need to provide spoiler candidate that would displace him... sure, if you want to be closer to Putin's Russia.
    He could run as an independent, how is it undemocratic for a political party to not let somebody run for them if that person, supposedly, does not support the party view?

Should a far right party accept a communist candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    He could run as an independent, how is it undemocratic for a political party to not let somebody run for them if that person, supposedly, does not support the party view?
    He himself doesn't represent Republican Party view (and no single person does, really); he, however, supports Republican party view. And he shows that by being registered Republican in Democrat-majority district. He cannot be forced to run as independent, if i understand it correctly.

If this "communist" votes Far Right candidates and joins far right demonstrations/activism while privately saying "Actually, we should expropriate all property from capitalist pigs and give it to deserving masses! Those far right guys are right in methods, just wrong on targets!" ?

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Well the local RNC backed him up. If, the RNC, had any morale they would have appointed a decent human being instead.
    Citation needed. Especially because they're seemingly campaigning against him. Also "Local RNC" is pretty hilarious. What's that N stand for? The "local RNC" didn't have the authority to appoint a candidate in their bylaws.

Look, I'm pretty anti-gop, but this is illinois. A literal former member of the american nazi party is not the candidate the majority of illinois GOP members would want. I expect most of them to either not vote in that race or vote (d) for the first time in their lives (or vote along party line and not even know who that dude is).

- - - Updated - - -

Because parties have bylaws that they adhere to so they at least can say they follow their own regulations. The ones that say "anyone can register" and "the vote winner in the primary gets the nomination" are fairly important ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    This is a situation entirely of their own making. All they had to do was put up literally anyone else to beat him in the primary. Surely that would have been easier than uselessly robocalling everyone to not vote for someone who would win even if he was the only one voting for himself, and less embarrassing than having a literal Nazi as their official candidate on the ballot.
    I still don't fully understand the Republican endorsement procedure. To all appearances, the Republican Party can't actually stop people running in their primaries, and also can't block them with dummy candidates? It's a weird system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I still don't fully understand the Republican endorsement procedure. To all appearances, the Republican Party can't actually stop people running in their primaries, and also can't block them with dummy candidates? It's a weird system.
    A "Dummy candidate" would need to collect the required eligible signatures (a non-trivial amount of work in a district with relatively few GOP voters). Both parties' bylaws don't allow them to bar people from running in their primaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post

Because parties have bylaws that they adhere to so they at least can say they follow their own regulations. The ones that say "anyone can register" and "the vote winner in the primary gets the nomination" are fairly important ones.
    Which means they are still responsible for anybody winning the primaries.

But we always knew the republicans where on the side of the nazis.

Which means they are still responsible for anybody winning the primaries.
    Only in the sense that they hold primaries. He ran uncontested for a seat no GOP member with any ambition would run for because the GOP isn't going to win. Why bother going through the effort when the nazi isn't going to win the seat anyway, and they get to denounce nazis, which further distances the illinois gop from trump, by doing something he apparently was unwilling to do? The whole thing is largely a push.

Only in the sense that they hold primaries. He ran uncontested for a seat no GOP member with any ambition would run for because the GOP isn't going to win. Why bother going through the effort when the nazi isn't going to win the seat anyway, and they get to denounce nazis, which further distances the illinois gop from trump, by doing something he apparently was unwilling to do? The whole thing is largely a push.
    True, but the obvious negative is that now the Democrats can run this story for as long as he's in the race. No pun intended.

True, but the obvious negative is that now the Democrats can run this story for as long as he's in the race. No pun intended.
    The people who give a shit about this weren't going to vote for the GOP anyway. They're either voting (d) or (i) already.

10+ Year Old Account
    That does not really change anything about my point.

That does not really change anything about my point.
    If your point is "I don't understand elections or democracy" then you're right.

The people who give a shit about this weren't going to vote for the GOP anyway. They're either voting (d) or (i) already.
    But you can run the story nationally - I mean, it's hard to deny you're pandering to the alt right when one of your nominees is an actual Nazi.

But you can run the story nationally - I mean, it's hard to deny you're pandering to the alt right when one of your nominees is an actual Nazi.
    It's not when you say "we even took out ads against him and didn't want him but were forced to accept him as the candidate because we respect democracy unlike those democrats with bernie!!!!1!" (insert bullshit about DNC corruption allegations)

It's not when you say "we even took out ads against him and didn't want him but were forced to accept him as the candidate because we respect democracy."
    Yeah but you don't get a chance to run excuses on attack ads.

Yeah but you don't get a chance to run excuses on attack ads.
    Attack ads often backfire. I amended my post to reflect how.