Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Allied races seem to be low effort, because:
    1. We get many of them. Blizz would usually just 1 or 2 races every couple expansions and thus they have more time to work on them.
    2. That's what people have been asking for years = subraces... so stop whining

Quote Originally Posted by Crudence View Post
    With the new information about Zandalari, I just can't help thinking the four available allied races seem very low effort. Zandalari looks much better, seem more distinct and even have different animations to normal trolls. If they are unique, I am not sure, but at least they are not just "trolls with a different colour" which is what void elves are. Do you think Blizz rushed the four allied races because of the hype? Gave us unfinished models that were really intended for BFA? I think that might have been the case. After all, the forums have been flooded with allied race hype and of course with the revamped leveling it made sense. However, I barely see any difference between playing my blood elf or void elf. The main difference is that they are two different factions.

So, what do you guys think? Intended simplicity, or rushed to please the crowds?
    Imo, they gave us these “new” lazy races + a new, reworked and more extensive levelling method to keep us busy between now and 21 september. We are several months away, and they didnt want to do a revival of what wod was in that late-patch moment.
    So, I truly understand that move, although is really lazy. I just hope they can rework many other things such as animations and movements for bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    In my opinion, it's the deadlines.

They have a steady stream of content patches now, which is great, but comes with the price - lot of stuff needs to be hotfixed. Not just bugs, but actual content.

Look at nightborne males - their facial features have actually been added via hotfix. And as far as I can tell, Void Elves and Lightforged don't have face morphs, only texture swaps, so I guess that's a matter of some patch too, or so I hope.
    There's no winning. They go by their old "it'll be ready when it's ready" the frothing ragers will go "omg blizz where's my content content drought is killing wow I'm unsubbing there's nothing to do." They abide by strict timetables and release it when the time comes the frothing ragers will go "omg blizz you're rushing this look at this bug and this thing that's not right and this and that".
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I think the allied races are a good idea. And I think it was a brilliant move by Blizz to release them early. However, I would like to have them improved upon. I don't need the improvements now, they can be in the middle of BFA for all I care, but it would be nice to know if "This is it" or if "There is more to come". The only one thing I actually would wish for that will probably never happen, is some different animations. Even if they just give human animation to void elves. It would just make the new races feel a bit more seperated from their counterparts. I mean, void elves are cool and all, but if I am clad in armour, the only thing that seperates me from blood elves, is that I go to Stormwind rather than orgrimmar.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I rather get 8-12 races per expansion then 0 or 1.

We get 4 now, 2 in 8.0, supposedly 2 in 8.x , and that might not even be the last.

I think Nightborne and Void Elf are the most unique, just cause of the Faction Swaps.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-02-07 at 10:58 AM.

What they could've done better is animations in general. I dont care that they are basicly x race with another skin tone etc. I do care about how they feel when playing. A nightborne is essentially a Night elf in every single way. The casting/walking animations are just the same. IMHO they could've put more effort into some of these animations, so they felt new. Now people just get the general idea that they are a fancy skin of an older race.

Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardCEO View Post
    though allied races aren't offering customization for your character, they make you create completly new character with even less customization options
    Yeah maybe I wasn't clear enough.
    I wasn't talking about your main character being able to have more customization options, but rather the additional customization when creating a new character.
    Don't get me wrong; if blizzard made completely new models including new animations and skeletons, it would be even better. But that stuff eats up tons of resources and takes away from the overall development which contributes to everyone and not just the few players who want to play that one specific race.

Quote Originally Posted by ninthbelief View Post
    Excuse me? They are literally the SECOND night elf allied race model. Check their dance and shit. What are you on about?
    They actually already have completely unique attack animations and idle animations.

People need to stop being idiots in expecting the Allied races, AKA subraces, to be as fully fleshed out as entirely new races.

For what they are, aside from some visual bugs, I think the Nightborne feel great. Can't wait to see what we get down the line.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-02-07 at 04:05 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardCEO View Post
    argument is invalid. my nightborne female making such a disgusting horrid face when smiling during dance that I wouldn't imagine in my darkest nightmares.

I guess I wouldn't be able to reproduce this level of ugliness even in Harry's mode or oblivion character creator by moving all pins deep to the right
    I remember when the new character models were released for WoD, and how some of the facial expressions of my female draenei character while dancing made her look like she was trying hard to take a dump and the look of relief after she did.. lol

I wished they'd have put moose antlers on moonkin form, turned me off from rolling druid on mine and went Shaman.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    People need to stop being idiots in expecting the Allied races, AKA subraces, to be as fully fleshed out as entirely new races.
    Which is funny as people have been whining for years wanting sub races, and Blizzard sort of give them sub races and folks are still complaining about it.. /sigh
    Last edited by grexly75; 2018-02-07 at 04:06 PM.

There is no new race in BFA, there is allied race wich mean actual playable race models with new customizations. The most logical course of option would have been a revamp of personnalization character, they prefered a more lore approach wich is nice than just get a basic revamp and pay for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....i hate to point it out but...it's not even alpha yet. Why are we complaining about re-skins and it's a X in a different skin when the product is STILL IN DEVELOPMENT.
    You are acting like this is 8.1 already....holy fuck people.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    These are not NEW races, they are ALLIED races, which means they have their specialty, perhaps posture (Nightborne/Zandalar) but their things is not in their absolute uniqeness, but amount of how much of them will be added!

Im not sure I would call them rushed. I think they suffer from typical "first iteration" syndrom. Blizzard isnt quite sure what they are, yet, and how they should be implemented. At the end of the add on we and blizzard will probably feel better about the whole thing.
    I think allied races could be more of a "good things take a while" M+ system than a "OMG BURN IT WITH FIRE" legendary system.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    They're all shitty reskins. That's basically the entire point.
    This guy nailed it. Bli$$ard at it's finest! Microtransactionns are zhe future.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crudence View Post
    With the new information about Zandalari, I just can't help thinking the four available allied races seem very low effort. Zandalari looks much better, seem more distinct and even have different animations to normal trolls. If they are unique, I am not sure, but at least they are not just "trolls with a different colour" which is what void elves are. Do you think Blizz rushed the four allied races because of the hype? Gave us unfinished models that were really intended for BFA? I think that might have been the case. After all, the forums have been flooded with allied race hype and of course with the revamped leveling it made sense. However, I barely see any difference between playing my blood elf or void elf. The main difference is that they are two different factions.

So, what do you guys think? Intended simplicity, or rushed to please the crowds?
    They are exactly what they were always supposed to be, variations on existing races.

Blizzard never really claimed these would be incredible, distinct new races (the players took care of that hype for them), but yeah I think the execution is pretty disappointing. The variation on an existing race thing is fine and dandy but without distinct animations I'd rather they didn't bother and worked on something else.

Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    Blizzard never really claimed these would be incredible, distinct new races (the players took care of that hype for them), but yeah I think the execution is pretty disappointing. The variation on an existing race thing is fine and dandy but without distinct animations I'd rather they didn't bother and worked on something else.
    Indeed. Without any new animation they could just as well just put the void elf things as extra customization options for bloodelves and so on. Of course, that wouldn't make people lvl new chars, so what they did made sense from a marketing perspective I suppose.