Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Sorry for taking so long to answer, had to check some things.

-I personally doubt Sylvanas would ever work with Arthas. (Hatred runs deep) And i kind of see Calia making their own faction in the Alliance (to solve the death problem in the Alliance -note: I assume death is a problem, cause it looks like the afterlife is rarely nice) I do wish to see more of Kelthuzad (can't say the same about Arthas, IMHO his story should not continue, it was pretty good from end to finish -had it problems but still nice- so i don't wish to see it go to hell)

-A fish race for the horde? you mean like the Jinyu in the Alliance? (The only "fish race" that comes to mind when i think about the Horde are Gilgoblins -and i think they are a nice option for allied race, less interesting that Jinyu but more interesting that normal Goblins IMHO) Note: And it does seem that the Naga use them as workers, so could work with your idea of them joining the horde for their hate of the nage in the Alliance (if that ever happens)

The idea of Cross naga is interesting but my love for the naga makes me hate it (cause if it happens it makes naga quite unlikely though we already know that the Naga will not be an allied race as Blizzard pointed out that they saw every race with 2 feets as an option for Allied race, naga does not feel that niche), BTW there may be a group of Nagas that don't work with Azshara (well... 2 groups of Naga actually if we exclude those working with the Demon Hunters) that could become part of one of the factions, those that serve Ahune (we have only seen 1 Naga that does that, but the existence of more like that is a possibility)

And Allied Race i want?

Well, most races that i want are for Lore reasons more than anything:

-The Three Hammers get fully integrated (Wildhammer Dwarf) and then transform into the Four Hammers (Adding the Frost Dwarves -They are basically already part of the Alliance but not officially)

-The Tauren's clans united in Thunder Bluff, including the Yaungol and Taunka

-Zandalar united once again, when you walk around the city, you feel that you're not completely welcome, you notice that the other tribes do not accept the horde, i would like to see the city united under the banner of the Horde (basically make the Sand Trolls, Forest Trolls and maybe Frost Trolls).

But then races that i actually want (to play):

-Arakokra (cursed ones): If you go with the ones of Outland, they are a really good option for the Alliance (as many have started to worship the light, at least those that are friendly).

-Sanlayn: Would like to have them officially join the Horde (it would be a way to add undead elves while still giving them an unique feel)

Note: In general, i would like the option of eventually having every Horde race (or most of them) as Undeath characters.

-Vrykul: I think they work well for both factions, Horde if you go with the ones in Northrend, or Alliance if you go with the Varlajar, i also liked the idea of Varlajar Alliance while the Kvaldir joins the Horde. (Basically have the conflict between Helya and Odyn pushed into the Alliance and Horde, though the conflict could exist even if one of Helya or Odyn is no more)
    Dont worry, I almost forgot about this post hehe.

While you have a point with Sylvanas hatred toward Arthas, even she feeled a bit of pity of him in that afterlife she saw(either because she was "alive" again or blizzard is build up her recovering her senses and overpowering the dark magic of undeath) and if he can offer a lot of tools and means to end the war more quickly or counter the big guns of the alliance(Naxxramas vs the Vindicar could be an awesome battle with one of those ships crushing the other in the case of them loose), she is pragmatic enough after a lot of trials to prove his loyalty toward the horde and under heavy watch, besides if he comes back probably it will be human arthas, the one we see in the his dying moments and before picking frostmourne, so he could get along with some members of the horde like Baine Besides there was already negotiations with the San Layns and those dudes are still fans of Arthas and the menace of Bolvar being more close and Calia using her rights as heir of lordaeron to reclaim the land in the name of the light or the naarus, those are plotlines which Arthas can participate without the feeling of him being there for fan service or forced because reasons.

About your allied races while I think they are great options and probably we are gonna to see them one day, specially the taunkas because in the beta of legion both the chieftain and Baine went to visit Mayla, so blizzard has forgotton about him. Sanlayn in other hand are already extinct or we killed most of them in the first part of the alliance campaign so I dont see many chances of them to join or being mentioned in a long time.

For now the vrykul could become in an allied race in this expansion if Helya play some important role more later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    About your allied races while I think they are great options and probably we are gonna to see them one day, specially the taunkas because in the beta of legion both the chieftain and Baine went to visit Mayla, so blizzard has forgotton about him. Sanlayn in other hand are already extinct or we killed most of them in the first part of the alliance campaign so I dont see many chances of them to join or being mentioned in a long time.
    Well for most people, Sanlayn were extint since Wrath of the Lich King, but we got more now for the Alliance War Campaign, and we could easily get more (also those are undead BE that were raised in a different manner, we could find a way to do the same again, maybe not with the BE but with the Withered or Wretched.)

Well for most people, Sanlayn were extint since Wrath of the Lich King, but we got more now for the Alliance War Campaign, and we could easily get more (also those are undead BE that were raised in a different manner, we could find a way to do the same again, maybe not with the BE but with the Withered or Wretched.)
    The withered are no longer a problem with the lightwell and the sanlayn were just throw away npc for the alliance campaign or else we would have hear about them in the horde side, the vulpera probably are the best belt for the horde currently

Damn, this is a long thread...lol

And honestly I don't even see them becoming playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMechano View Post
    Actually the Warbringers video gave some interesting possible hints. Namely that the female naga featured only had two arms instead of their normal four AND that there eyes changed colour, suggesting that they're under direct control of Azshara/N'zoth. So who knows what that could lead to.
    Honestly I just wrote the 2 arms thing off as a lore miss step, who knows what the end result may be though. I will stand by my statement that there is no way in hell the naga are joining the Alliance though. If the Night born where driven away by "You in the past made some poor choices, don't do it again.", I can't imagine Naga would stay considering the general night elf opinion of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Honestly I just wrote the 2 arms thing off as a lore miss step, who knows what the end result may be though. I will stand by my statement that there is no way in hell the naga are joining the Alliance though. If the Night born where driven away by "You in the past made some poor choices, don't do it again.", I can't imagine Naga would stay considering the general night elf opinion of them...
    As opposed to the Darkspear opinion of them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    As opposed to the Darkspear opinion of them?
    feelings didn't seem to stop the dark spear from making amends with the Zandalary tribe, The nightelves just accepting a group of Nightelf magic users (Note: Not the same ones who brought forth the demons, then damned themselves by making a deal with an old) back into the fold took 10000 years... And even then they reported murders and rampant prejudice...

Personally, I think all the races in BaF will be allied races. I mean come on.. Who doesn't wanna be a ninja turtle? xD. However I think my question would be, Which races go on what. On alliance we currently have LF Draenei, Velves, and Dark Irons, while horde have HM Tauren, Nightborne, and Mag'har. I can see Tortollens being neutral (Spelt that wrong) And we know Zandalari are going horde, and Kul tirin are going Alliance. That leaves the Sethrak, Vulpera, and the vampire guys (I forgot their names) Obviously, the vampire guys are going horde, and I can see the Sethrak doing so aswell. So horde would have 6 races right there. So I could see Vulpera going to the alliance, but that's a toss up. There is also apparently these lightbased undead I've been hearing about? That will likely be an alliance race. idk there is so much here. Maybe Sethrak, Vulpera and Tortollens will all be neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    The withered are no longer a problem with the lightwell and the sanlayn were just throw away npc for the alliance campaign or else we would have hear about them in the horde side, the vulpera probably are the best belt for the horde currently
    We don't know of the Wretched and Withered are cured with the Lightwell (i assume it doesn't as the Arcandor do nothing for the Withered).

Also have in mind that not all the Blood Princes are dead (There are 2 that appear in the Resurrection of Arugal that are still missing)

Note: Yeah, you're right with the Vulpera having the best bet in this things, but i really wish we, eventually, get Sanlayn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightheart View Post
    Personally, I think all the races in BaF will be allied races. I mean come on.. Who doesn't wanna be a ninja turtle? xD. However I think my question would be, Which races go on what. On alliance we currently have LF Draenei, Velves, and Dark Irons, while horde have HM Tauren, Nightborne, and Mag'har. I can see Tortollens being neutral (Spelt that wrong) And we know Zandalari are going horde, and Kul tirin are going Alliance. That leaves the Sethrak, Vulpera, and the vampire guys (I forgot their names) Obviously, the vampire guys are going horde, and I can see the Sethrak doing so aswell. So horde would have 6 races right there. So I could see Vulpera going to the alliance, but that's a toss up. There is also apparently these lightbased undead I've been hearing about? That will likely be an alliance race. idk there is so much here. Maybe Sethrak, Vulpera and Tortollens will all be neutral.
    Why would the Vulpera go Alliance? The Alliance have almost none connection with them, while the Horde even have the whole reputation with them (and the whole Voldun zone helping them against the Sethrak), if the Vulpera joins anyone, they will join the Horde, and that alone may push the Sethrak to the Alliance.

We don't know of the Wretched and Withered are cured with the Lightwell (i assume it doesn't as the Arcandor do nothing for the Withered).

Also have in mind that not all the Blood Princes are dead (There are 2 that appear in the Resurrection of Arugal that are still missing)

Note: Yeah, you're right with the Vulpera having the best bet in this things, but i really wish we, eventually, get Sanlayn.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would the Vulpera go Alliance? The Alliance have almost none connection with them, while the Horde even have the whole reputation with them (and the whole Voldun zone helping them against the Sethrak), if the Vulpera joins anyone, they will join the Horde, and that alone may push the Sethrak to the Alliance.
    Sethrak probably will be like the tortolla and remain neutral because they dont have any special interaction with any faction and probably the alliance will get some race from the kultiran islands(maybe that rumored mad max gnomes or the weird tree people).

What I wonder will blizzard add another ladder of allied races? They arent hard to create because they share skeleton with another preestablish races and add more time gating content

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightheart View Post
    Worst case scenario: Sethrak Horde and Alliance Naga.
    Btw one of the model as a piercing on his frills as an accessory. Possible accessory I can think of are tail ring options.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-09-05 at 08:12 AM.

Deleted
    When every race will be playable then what neutral races will be there for us? Like imagine northrend every neutral race alied.. Who give us q for best fishing pole ever? You dont need every race to be playable xd grow up little bit pray for new worgen and goblin models

So someone pointed out something Veeeerrrry interesting in a different thread.

For those of you who don't know, when you go to recruit the Mag'har, Sylvanas gives you a time crystal maguffin that allows you to teleport back to AU Draenor, just 30 years into the future. You recruit them, and bring them back through portals.

Well, the player had the wherewithal to pan the camera, and you can quite clearly see in the video, on either side, two other races escaping (and are flagged hostile). Botani in the upper left-hand side, and Saberon in the upper right hand side both running out of portals and disappearing into the wilderness. Clearly Blizzard isn't done with them yet.

So we can safely add Botani and Saberon into the allied race possibility pool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see it as this.

If Blizzard decides to add two more Allied races that are part of the BfA story arc and not races irrelevant to the current story like Arrakoa, Ogre, or Jinyu or what have you. Those two allied races are going to be Vulpera and Sethrak as those are the only two possible races that have numbers/interest/gravitas behind them. It won’t be hostile races like blood trolls, quillbor, or drust. It won’t be a bland neutral quest giver race like Tortollan.

Given the questing between both factions and both Vulpera and Sethrak, it’ll be Horde Vulpera and Alliance Sethrak. Not because the Alliance and the Sethrak have a close relationship, in fact I would say the Horde have an arguably closer relationship with Sethrak than the Alliance does. Just that the Horde has a much better relationship with Vulpera than Sethrak, whereas the Alliance only has hostile interactions with Vulpera, and by process of elimination, Sethrak would go Alliance. Again, this is only if Blizzard decides to add more BFA relevant allied races.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I see it as this.

If Blizzard decides to add two more Allied races that are part of the BfA story arc and not races irrelevant to the current story like Arrakoa, Ogre, or Jinyu or what have you. Those two allied races are going to be Vulpera and Sethrak as those are the only two possible races that have numbers/interest/gravitas behind them. It won’t be hostile races like blood trolls, quillbor, or drust. It won’t be a bland neutral quest giver race like Tortollan.

Given the questing between both factions and both Vulpera and Sethrak, it’ll be Horde Vulpera and Alliance Sethrak. Not because the Alliance and the Sethrak have a close relationship, in fact I would say the Horde have an arguably closer relationship with Sethrak than the Alliance does. Just that the Horde has a much better relationship with Vulpera than Sethrak, whereas the Alliance only has hostile interactions with Vulpera, and by process of elimination, Sethrak would go Alliance. Again, this is only if Blizzard decides to add more BFA relevant allied races.
    You be right, ok? Cuz I want, ok?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I see it as this.

Given the questing between both factions and both Vulpera and Sethrak, it’ll be Horde Vulpera and Alliance Sethrak.
    God I hope you're right, I wanna be a snakeman.

I wanna I wanna I wanna!

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    God I hope you're right, I wanna be a snakeman.

I wanna I wanna I wanna!
    Me wanna too. Best race this expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Go away lol. Non-bipedal snakes will never happen
    naga

10char
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

I dont think lore wise alliance would fit with the sethrak. Most of their storyline runs around the horde. i think both vulp and sethrak will be a playable for the horde just not at the same time. Itd make sense since the vulp had much much more development and details done to them than the snakes. It could mean ones ready to be an allied race and one isnt yet. As for who the Alliance gets in return, i do not know, since i havent played their bfa storyline

I see it as this.

You're forgetting the interest in the Drust. That would probably be a race closer to Gorak Tul.

You also have the Saberon and the Botani now as possiblities.