Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    You're forgetting the interest in the Drust. That would probably be a race closer to Gorak Tul.

You also have the Saberon and the Botani now as possiblities.
    Drust are pretty much extinct and bred into the Kul'Tirans, I couldn't see them becoming playable because it'd make KTH redundant

Saberon and Botani are definite maybes now, but there's like... 3 of them on Azeroth. Botani can sidestep it because they reproduce non-standardly, but if we had Azeroth born Saberon they'd basically be an entire tribe of inbreds.

As an aside: with how underwhelming BFA is turning out to be and them starting to go into a mode that feels like damage control, part of me is hoping we'll start getting "In case of emergency break glass" mode and the Devs, wanting to pander to players to keep them playing, will see threads like these and go "Okay what do players want? Sethrak? Okay Sethrak then!" on impulse
    Last edited by Veluren; 2018-09-16 at 05:21 PM.

Lol @ anyone thinking lore wise that the Horde would choose the useless Vulpera over the Sethrak that have an empire and a loa.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Saberon and Botani are definite maybes now, but there's like... 3 of them on Azeroth. Botani can sidestep it because they reproduce non-standardly, but if we had Azeroth born Saberon they'd basically be an entire tribe of inbreds.
    According to that scenario, only about 30 or so Mag'har made it to our world. In-game representations don't match what the story demands, population-wise. Those three saberon could be a whole tribe for all we know.

That being said I'm much more interested in the Botani as an allied race. Almost as much as the sneks.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Drust are pretty much extinct and bred into the Kul'Tirans, I couldn't see them becoming playable because it'd make KTH redundant

As an aside: with how underwhelming BFA is turning out to be and them starting to go into a mode that feels like damage control, part of me is hoping we'll start getting "In case of emergency break glass" mode and the Devs, wanting to pander to players to keep them playing, will see threads like these and go "Okay what do players want? Sethrak? Okay Sethrak then!" on impulse
    There are more than three. Someone else pointed this out. The numbers shown in game don't represent real numbers of them crossing, otherwise there would be exactly 15 maghar orcs, 10 void elves, etc, and thus not enough for an allied race.

I can definitely see botani joining Alliance. They don't have Primals on Azeroth. But they didn't have world trees on Draenor. I can see them coming together to bring back Teladrassil from the charred stump, and forming vengeful groups to hunt Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    So lets sum it up. You want both Vulpera and Sethrak for Horde?
    Why not ? They are both part of a Horde only reputation. It's only logical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I see it as this.

If Blizzard decides to add two more Allied races that are part of the BfA story arc and not races irrelevant to the current story like Arrakoa, Ogre, or Jinyu or what have you. Those two allied races are going to be Vulpera and Sethrak as those are the only two possible races that have numbers/interest/gravitas behind them. It won’t be hostile races like blood trolls, quillbor, or drust. It won’t be a bland neutral quest giver race like Tortollan.

Given the questing between both factions and both Vulpera and Sethrak, it’ll be Horde Vulpera and Alliance Sethrak. Not because the Alliance and the Sethrak have a close relationship, in fact I would say the Horde have an arguably closer relationship with Sethrak than the Alliance does. Just that the Horde has a much better relationship with Vulpera than Sethrak, whereas the Alliance only has hostile interactions with Vulpera, and by process of elimination, Sethrak would go Alliance. Again, this is only if Blizzard decides to add more BFA relevant allied races.
    I don't get your logic the sethrak and Vulpera work together at multiple points and are part of the same reputation faction. So if one joins the Horde then the other does as they are the SAME faction the Voldunai.

Quote Originally Posted by Masotheric View Post
    Why not ? They are both part of a Horde only reputation. It's only logical.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get your logic the sethrak and Vulpera work together at multiple points and are part of the same reputation faction. So if one joins the Horde then the other does as they are the SAME faction the Voldunai.
    Actually the Voldunai only refers to the tribe of Vulpera, which can be seen when The vulpera don't help the Devoted revive their Loa, and in the Zandalar Forever scenario, when you and Talanji retake the Marketplace(can't remember its real name) you are aided by some of the NPCs from the Vol'dun questline, including 1 Vulpera, and not a single Devoted Sethrak in sight

It feels right to post something now that Blizzcon 2018 is barely less then a week from now. This thread hasn't been moving a lot lately, but the thread on the GD forums has (as well as some light speculation in the Vulpera thread). Link for convenience https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=21#post-411

I've noticed some posts on this page curious why the horde would choose the Vulpera instead, and the short answer is that they forge a closer relationship with them while the vulpera and sethrak are very much at odds. Vorrik has been wanting to unify all the sethrak again, and the vulpera seem content to kill them. Datamined text has vulpera characters referring to the sethrak as simply 'sethrak' and not distinguishing between Devoted and Faithless.

While currently there are fewer signs that they may be becoming playable compared to their foxy counterparts, there is certainly opportunity for more lore and pathways to see this.

For the curious or newcomers to the thread, here is a succint rundown of where they stand, complete with some animation comparisons.

https://www.wowhead.com/sethrak-race-in-voldun

The atmosphere is curious/hopeful, and everyone is waiting for Blizzcon to see if there's any more info. Imagine This may be the lull before a great deal of excitement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Personally, I feel the sethrak would go to the Alliance. Has no one done the quest where you examine the statues of the three sethrak leaders? Vorrik is the only one left alive. His statue described him as "just, faithful, and firm". Which faction is all about justice and faith? The Alliance. If the vulpera go Horde, which I know they will, perhaps it would push the sethrak to join the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve17 View Post
    Personally, I feel the sethrak would go to the Alliance. Has no one done the quest where you examine the statues of the three sethrak leaders? Vorrik is the only one left alive. His statue described him as "just, faithful, and firm". Which faction is all about justice and faith? The Alliance. If the vulpera go Horde, which I know they will, perhaps it would push the sethrak to join the Alliance.
    Probably what's going to happen. Only reason why I think Blizzard would've written the Alliance doing something so hilariously out of character with 'Vulpera Purge Squads', is likely to play a part in the eventual wedge between the Devoted/Vulpera/Horde triangle. Maybe Vulpera and/or the Horde are miffed at Vorrik for not helping to defend them from Alliance. Maybe the Horde tries to press the Sethrak for assistance with fighting the Alliance in Vol'dun, only to have Vorrik decline to stay neutral. Something is going to need to happen along those lines to push Vorrik and the Devoted off the sidelines, because as of now they are neutral.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Actually the Voldunai only refers to the tribe of Vulpera, which can be seen when The vulpera don't help the Devoted revive their Loa, and in the Zandalar Forever scenario, when you and Talanji retake the Marketplace(can't remember its real name) you are aided by some of the NPCs from the Vol'dun questline, including 1 Vulpera, and not a single Devoted Sethrak in sight
    Game wise they are part if the same faction all the Sethrak quests give Voldunai rep the description of the Voldunai just states the residents and exiles of the Voldun desert it doesn't state specific races . Also they work together at multiple points throughout the storyline. Infact the way the story line is going is the Vulpera and Devoted reconciling not splitting further.

So as it stands Sethrak are indeed Horde aligned, there racial leader and aspect of their Loa are even hanging out in the temple with Horde aligned npcs.

So the logical conclusion is Horde or Neutral.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve17 View Post

Well it wouldn't be just or faithful if they betrayed the Horde after everything they have done together. Including you know saving their God ( Which lore wise only the Horde did )
    Last edited by mmoc7f6d72aab4; 2018-10-29 at 01:18 PM.

Months ago i thought that if Sethrak were made playable they would become Alliance as the Worgen Slot for Allied Races. They could pair with the Vulpera (goblin slot) or the San'layn (undead slot) in the horde.

However i think that Blizzard won't release more elven races in the near future because of Void Elves and Nightborne, so Sanlayn might be delayed because of this (just like Alliance High Elves, maybe). And I also do believe that another undead race is coming, and it has been hinted since the start of BfA: Calia's type of undead. Also Uther's tomb has been remodeled, so it is possible that the Redeemed undead might become the next allied undead race. If the new Undead become alliance, the Worgen-like allied race might switch as well, like what happened with Void Elves and Nightborne. As candidates for the Horde Worgen Allied Race I would place the Sethrak or the Saberon. And i believe the Sethrak that a big chance of gaining the Worgen slot of allied race. This is what i believe that Blizzard has planned in the short and mid terms:

This is what i believe blizzard is making for the near future of WoW:

Alliance Allied Races:

- Draenei: Lightforged Dranei
    - Dwarf: Dark Iron Dwarf
    - Human: Kul'Tiran Human
    - (H) Blood Elf: Void Elf
    - (H) Undead: Redeemed Undead
    - Gnome: Mecha/Junker Gnomes
    - Alliance Pandaren: Jinyu

Horde Allied Races:

- Tauren: Highmountain Tauren
    - Orc: Mag'har Orc
    - Troll: Zandalari Troll
    - (A) Night Elf: Nightborne
    - (A) Worgen: Sethrak OR Saberon
    - Goblin: Vulpera
    - Horde Pandaren: Mogu

Future Hero Classes:
    - Tinker
    - Dark Ranger

Far Future Allied Races:
    - High Elves (A)
    - San'layn / Undead Elves (H)
    - Wildhammer / Earthern / Frostborn / Iron Dwarves (A)
    - Forest Trolls (H)
    - Vrykul (A)
    - Kvaldir (H)
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-10-29 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masotheric View Post
    Game wise they are part if the same faction all the Sethrak quests give Voldunai rep the description of the Voldunai just states the residents and exiles of the Voldun desert it doesn't state specific races . Also they work together at multiple points throughout the storyline. Infact the way the story line is going is the Vulpera and Devoted reconciling not splitting further.

So as it stands Sethrak are indeed Horde aligned, there racial leader and aspect of their Loa are even hanging out in the temple with Horde aligned npcs.

So the logical conclusion is Horde or Neutral.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it wouldn't be just or faithful if they betrayed the Horde after everything they have done together. Including you know saving their God ( Which lore wise only the Horde did )
    Their quests giving Voldunai rep can easily be attributed to it being the Zone-wide rep, and how Just or Faithful would it be to align with the Faction led by Sylvanas, who is known with many Horde representatives as dishonoring the Horde with her under-handed tactics and disregard for other races opinions and traditions, Vorrik is Just(most likely would refuse to Sylvanas' orders) and Faithful(TO HIS LOA), and remember the Alliance did save his life

Edit; and besides Vorrik might see being given the choice to side with the Horde or die as the Horde being against his values, perhaps with the Horde rep(if Forsaken) giving this choice stating that the Alliance saving his life is meaningless
    Last edited by Psykho; 2018-10-29 at 07:01 PM.