Thread: Momento 7.3

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Momento 7.3

I snagged a 965 Angerbola from weekly chest. Very sexy. Planned on replacing this 960 EoC I always hated since Kara came out.

Had a momento way back in early EN days and remember many many double and triple procs. Toyed around with the new one and the procs are terrible in ABT.. was the proc rate chang3d on this trinket? Or nerf'd over time ??

Yes I know it goes off when someone dies.. few fights the buff uptime % was less than 20% with all three combined.. one fight the green was 4%, blue was 3% and red was 8%.. I assumed the procs would be much higher and more reliable.. it sims high naturally so I'll use on add fights then put back Doc for pure ST but I really loathe EoC...

How is Angerbola these days? Is it still amazing or dis I just have some bad luck?
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    Did you test as Blood or UH/Frost?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    Did you test as Blood or UH/Frost?
    Frost.
    Testes heroic garo, puppies, Aggy and Argh
    Normal the same 4 bosses.
    All in pugs so no logs just my personal skada
    Filthy Casual

No word on any nerf, and I can't imagine Blizzard would have taken the time to nerf a trinket that has been in the game since day 1 and hasn't ever been ridiculous like Draught of Souls was.

You just had a bad night. Its not a good idea to use personal anecdotes or a single night of logs to make assumptions about theorycrafting issues; the N is far too low. A 965 Momento is very strong and I'd have no qualms about using it.

I would venture a strong guess that the 960 EoC sims out way better than the Memento.

Memento has always been a better progression trinket then farm trinket. EoC is probably better for any ST fight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok so ran around Argus killing rates and it proced nom stop. Just like chrono shard.. I guess these trinkets proc less in raid as opposed to the world and dungeons. Have no proof just my experience

Like my Sig says, i love my chrono and the triple back to back procs in the open world but first night raiding with it, went off twice during M garo and hounds...
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylad View Post
    Memento has always been a better progression trinket then farm trinket. EoC is probably better for any ST fight.
    This. Teammates dieing make it proc

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    This. Teammates dieing make it proc
    Oh good! Usually there is 8 or 9 alive for all my raid teams mythic kills hahahaha.
    I dislike EoC for what it is. On Vari we struggled with everyone, like warlocks, not tabbing to add. I was guilty too. I use my chrono shard for that fight and see 1 to 3 procs on 4 minutes or about... I'll try momento tonight I'm mythic since we don't start till Wednesday
    Filthy Casual

in general you should have a 8-11% uptime of each momento proc per boss (with no raid member deaths)

unlucky night is an unlucky night

you have one log using it from Feb 6 2018 and you maintained

11.07% uptime on the haste
    10.54% uptime on the crit
    10.29% uptime on the mastery

so it was proccing exactly as you would expect it too.
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2018-02-07 at 05:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Oh good! Usually there is 8 or 9 alive for all my raid teams mythic kills hahahaha.
    I dislike EoC for what it is. On Vari we struggled with everyone, like warlocks, not tabbing to add. I was guilty too. I use my chrono shard for that fight and see 1 to 3 procs on 4 minutes or about... I'll try momento tonight I'm mythic since we don't start till Wednesday
    Sorry meant to add 965 anger boda f#@K you.

Id use that as even unholy as I am, in a heart beat.

Apart from the stun are you finding frost >unholy for higher m+ ? Because unholy seems an untouchable combo of single target for bosses and aoe for trash.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2018-02-07 at 07:06 PM.

I've tried Unholy in M+ but it just takes too much setup and doesn't come close to the ease of 1-button Frostscythe spam and Memejeans+Dargon every other big pull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylad View Post
    I've tried Unholy in M+ but it just takes too much setup and doesn't come close to the ease of 1-button Frostscythe spam and Memejeans+Dargon every other big pull.
    With clawing shadows you can basically be a ranged dot+pet class in m+ trash pulls ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    With clawing shadows you can basically be a ranged dot+pet class in m+ trash pulls ...
    Not as fun to me as FSc spam, personally, but to each their own!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Sorry meant to add 965 anger boda f#@K you. .
    Hahahahaha too funny.
    I'm getting everyrhing good under the sun from weekly chest but 4 x a week I kill puppies and burn rolls for the fang and still nothing. Even lfr version
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Hahahahaha too funny.
    I'm getting everyrhing good under the sun from weekly chest but 4 x a week I kill puppies and burn rolls for the fang and still nothing. Even lfr version
    Lol I have a 940 (I think) fang and it seems crap for unholy.

Id donate it if I could

it's a mEmento. I have no idea why so many people have an issue with this word, it's not that hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    it's a mEmento. I have no idea why so many people have an issue with this word, it's not that hard.
    Someone linked it as mOmento once in the chat so i guess that's how you spell it in his language.

Quote Originally Posted by kiazmiaz View Post
    Someone linked it as mOmento once in the chat so i guess that's how you spell it in his language.
    it's especially stupid when you klnow spanish since momento means "moment", it annoys me to no end.

Just thought I would mention that the trinket also procs when a party/raid member dies.

Similar to ret paladin's retribution passive.