10+ Year Old Account

Focus stealing while queued

This is damn annoying. I want to be doing whatever I want in the desktop while I'm queued up for a match without HotS interrupting me and stealing the focus multiple times during the process.

A simple highlighting of the taskbar button when you are finally inside the match actually starting is enough. NO FOCUS STEALING.

Ah you mean how it quick switches yo being the main window when entering the loading bar and then when entering a match?

I can see why its annoying but its a good heads up. Sometimes people miss the blinking or have something full screen.

I too find it annoying when i have to browse something quick before the match but because it stops me from accidentally afking at the start, i appreciate it.

Even when it does it for the loading screen. Lets me see the comps and map involved so i can plan my talents
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2018-02-08 at 06:00 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I get what your complaint is but after so many matches where someone was AFK for two minutes at the start because they were on Reddit or Youtube or jacking off, its hard to be sympathetic about this.

It pulls you forward for a reason. That reason being that you have queued to play a game with several other people and its fucking annoying to have someone AFK in the crucial first few minutes.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Even when it does it for the loading screen. Lets me see the comps and map involved so i can plan my talents
    Problem is you can't do shit during the loading screen, everything is frozen except progress bars. The option is to browse icy-veins or whatever which brings us back to the orginal issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Problem is you can't do shit during the loading screen, everything is frozen except progress bars. The option is to browse icy-veins or whatever which brings us back to the orginal issue.
    Like I said, just a quick glance to see the map, my team and the enemy team comp to premptively plan my talent structure or potential paths.

Ussually by quick switching to icyveins to freshen my memory *cough*
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2018-02-08 at 09:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this seems to have been fixed, means I can pause whatever I was doing in the browser instead of it being interrupted.

Deleted
    I guess this happened only for a short while? Never happened to me at least. All that's ever happened is indeed the flashing icon in the taskbar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I guess this happened only for a short while? Never happened to me at least. All that's ever happened is indeed the flashing icon in the taskbar.
    At least since I've been playing HotS a year ago and was fixed last patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck this, they reverted the bug with nothing in the patch notes.