Talent related midgame hero visual changes

So certain talents do this already. Your abilities chage to be wider or cover more ground. Immolation abilities light you up. Some animations only trigger with the related talent like dvas clutch sheild if her mech takes fatal damage.

What if we took it a step further? Increased armor talents actually add bits of armor. Certain talents changing how the hero looks. If we sought out adding talenr related visuals to heroes. They seem to be heading in this direction already with new heroes and updated old ones, though they dont explicitly seek it out.

Varian is a great example of this. Though ofcourse not everyone is as varied as he is.

Deleted
    Considering a whole new thinking of talent visuals here:
    Problem 1: They would need to make much more assets for multiple skins (even if it's only a legendary)
    Problem 2: It's unbalanced or extremely hard to make; One talent will be casually picked more often because of the visuals, or they need to make it for a whole talent row at a time.
    Problem 3: Reworks will be a pain in the ass. Imagine you made a talent row and it just doesn't work in reality for this hero. Art wasted?

So...now, I don't think it's a good idea in general. It functions with Varian because it's an important talent pick which literally changes his role in the team, not only a bit of armor or a bit of dmg.
    In my opinion they should introduce new multi-class heroes though. Varian doesn't fill this gap and I think there's more room for more multiclass-heroes. And yeah, change of the looks would be natural there.

I had considered the ssme issues myself regarding the variety of skins and exponentially increasing amount of work involved in including them or making changes.

I imagine this is why blizz has been very selective about what talents get to have visual effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    I had considered the ssme issues myself regarding the variety of skins and exponentially increasing amount of work involved in including them or making changes.

I imagine this is why blizz has been very selective about what talents get to have visual effects.
    Some talents/abilities need to have a visual effect though cause they need some indicator. Armor (in your example) already has one.