7+ Year Old Account

Pandaren; want for model update / rant

With all the classic races gaining new models in WoD and Worgens / Goblins getting their long awaited rework in BFA, does this mean us Pandarens will finally get our rework in the next expac or two?
    In all honestly, they really need new variations for the Pandarens asap
    1: Armor is hard to fit on us. Especially helmets / Chestpieces. They look weird in many many ways, and xmog that actually looks DECENT comes once in a bluemoon, to the point that most has to be found from MoP expac / Just go with no helmet / goggles / sunglasses
    2: Many many complaints people have are about our running animation / just how we are a little too 'fat' for them. Though lets face it we're gonna stay fat anyway like IRL Pandas, but at least the model should be a bit more refined / offer a slightly thinner version?
    3: The model has inexplicably less joints / muscles in some places (especially along the arms) for unknown reasons. I did not find this but someone else did. Like you can chop the Pandaren model down the middle and find that they are not the same on both sides.. (left right not up down if it wasn't obvious)

Would actually like us Pandarens to get more attention since we've been totally on the sidelines since MoP. Pretty sure only those playing monks give have any idea of whats happening to Pandaria during the legion invasion, yet we do not see Pandarens from Pandaria appearing to help out other than in the Monk Order hall / Taoshi in the rogue order hall / Yalia in the priest order hall. All the others are missing. For example Hawkmaster Nurong is made to be an extremely skilled and old tracker, yet he doesn't appear in the Trueshot Lodge?! He even got a new eyepatch as seen in the Mistweaver Sheilun grabbing. Fei Li, one of the probably better pyromaniacs that would light the legion up, got a slight update in the Sheilun scenario too, yet doesn't show up in the mage order hall. Lesser mentions are Protector Yi (Warrior) and Ban Bearheart (Shaman). Don't think any of them have ever appeared again outside of Pandaria.

It's as if all the Pandarens of Pandaria disappeared off Azeroth when WoD/Legion happened, apart from just a few 'better' known characters. Most of those you see are from Huojin / Tushui pledged pandaren from the wandering isle, but the rest should not be ignored.
    Last edited by Radianshot; 2018-02-08 at 03:30 AM.

Stack up or you get no heals! || Water control perfect, still can't attack with it
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Pandaria was a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Radianshot View Post
    1: Armor is hard to fit on us. Especially helmets / Chestpieces. They look weird in many many ways, and xmog that actually looks DECENT comes once in a bluemoon, to the point that most has to be found from MoP expac / Just go with no helmet / goggles / sunglasses
    They could use a little tweaking, but they generally suffer the same problems as worgen and tauren having non-standard 'head shape'

2: Many many complaints people have are about our running animation / just how we are a little too 'fat' for them. Though lets face it we're gonna stay fat anyway like IRL Pandas, but at least the model should be a bit more refined / offer a slightly thinner version?
    You touch my panda's run animation, so help me god...

And if you want thin Pandas, no.

It's as if all the Pandarens of Pandaria disappeared off Azeroth when WoD/Legion happened, apart from just a few 'better' known characters. Most of those you see are from Huojin / Tushui pledged pandaren from the wandering isle, but the rest should not be ignored.
    We didn't get much explanation over the Legion's activities in Northrend either. I liked MoP a lot, but I'm happy enough to leave it for now. What I do want is more story development on the Huojin / Tushui pandaren. I'd love to know why they rejoined the Horde after their leader was tortured and nearly executed in the streets.

10+ Year Old Account
    This I have to agree on, some armors are sadly stretched to fit our model. Would be easier to fix if we were to finally make more armor in the HD version.

First of all, their running animation is fine. Secondly, no, you can have thinner models when we get body type sliders.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Pandaria was a mistake
    Your comment was a mistake.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I think my pandaren looks fine. They were the first updated model and they have all the expressiveness they need. If they did do a touch up to be as good as the rest It'd barely be noticeable. At the least Worgen/goblins need priority. It was seeing how awesome they looked in this that made me want new character models for everyone else!

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Pandarens are fine imo, although I will never say no to more customisation options.

Also yes, I would love to see some more Pandaren characters have bigger roles, even if it's just Ji and Aysa doing something, anything.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    After Worgen/Goblin updates we can consider Pandaren.

7+ Year Old Account
    There was a thread here before for the launch of MoP that's had the pandaren having a more Viking/Mongolian feel and look to them from an artist renditions....I love that style way more, they looked more vicious. More like worthy allies, they weren't as fat and resembled multiple different types of known bears, not just the chunky doe eyed pandas.

I WISH THAT WAS WHAT WE GOT!

But we got instead was a huge disappointment, a filler expansion were and not even a real focus on the pandaren or their cultures, or anything really. We found out they farmed and made bear and had monks...that was about it.

The more important thing is to update the quality of Blood elf hairstyles to that of Void elves (minus the tentacle stuff)

The Pandaren were the standard to which all the other models were updated. Notice that they already had facial expressions before WoD?

Worgen and Goblin need to be updated because they're still using low-poly models with their own crappy, low-rez skeletons that lack all of the fancy animation rigging of the Pandaren and WoD models.

If you want to see this explained visually, activate the selfie cam on a Pandaren and then do it on a Worgen and the problem will become very self-evident.

Deleted
    I'd like pandaren to have actual different faces instead of just different face textures

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    There was a thread here before for the launch of MoP that's had the pandaren having a more Viking/Mongolian feel and look to them from an artist renditions....I love that style way more, they looked more vicious. More like worthy allies, they weren't as fat and resembled multiple different types of known bears, not just the chunky doe eyed pandas.
    Some of the fanart of pandaren look way better. It may be close to symbolizing ancient heritage armor from china/japan/mongolia, but its fine. At least it shows that we value other countries heritage and culture too

I mean, every art has to originate from somewhere, not just some sci-fi'ish alien style thing that comes outta nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    If you want to see this explained visually, activate the selfie cam on a Pandaren and then do it on a Worgen and the problem will become very self-evident.
    Activate the selfie camera on a male pandaren, and being able to see the background would be an achievement. While we get facial expressions.. seeing a panda try to kiss the camera does feel odd. (or is it attempted duck face) But its a facial

Stack up or you get no heals! || Water control perfect, still can't attack with it

7+ Year Old Account
    Some of the fanart of pandaren look way better. It may be close to symbolizing ancient heritage armor from china/japan/mongolia, but its fine. At least it shows that we value other countries heritage and culture too

I mean, every art has to originate from somewhere, not just some sci-fi'ish alien style thing that comes outta nowhere
    Um, what? lol

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    A panda update is not happening for years and years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Um, what? lol
    Oh its in response that Pandaren actually had much nicer armor in their concept art and in wc3 before, but they don't appear ingame WoW because of risking losing Chinese players because they really resembled Japanese armor, and Blizzard wasn't willing to lose the support of such a huge player community, hence they were remade into somewhat Chinese style.
    They did it slightly sloppily though, and it would have looked better if there was Japanese / Mongolian cultural armors mixed in.

Deleted
    Pandaren are still in the game. The only update I'd like for them is removal hahaha

Nobody cares about your stupid pandas furry.

So much about "remove pandas" Feel free to dislike them but asking for a removal is just stupid IMO. I personally dislike them and I'll never play one, Having them around is ok and it actually reminds me of a fun time, Yes MoP is an awesome expansion.

On topic:
    Thin pandas? How would you approach that? smaller billy?
    And are we only talking about Male ones? Because I think females are perfect the way they are.
    Edit Signature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    And are we only talking about Male ones? Because I think females are perfect the way they are.
    Except for the lobotomised smile, you mean.