Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Updated spell effects - Destruction

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281574/u...-spell-effects

I think this is just effects, no new animations, Chaos Bolt looks cool but I REALLY hope incinerate is a work in Progress.. There's some new talents buried in there as well, RoF looks cool, I don't see any change in Hellfire, and Deathbolt just looks like Demonbolt to me.

Deleted
    Im pretty sure incinerate, Immolate and conflagrate are work in progress.

But ill be damned Chaos Bolt looks amazing.

That's what I'm hoping for as well. Kinda looks like we're throwing a firefly now haha.

Yea incinerate looks like a spell that doesn't even one hit a lvl 10 mob

Deleted
    They all seem a little WIP. Incinerate is ugly, hopefully it's nothing like that .CB looks great but hopefully it will also have a hit animation.

Or maybe it does but the dude is casting at a target he can't hit.

Deleted
    https://gfycat.com/AncientImmediateKob

This is from wowhead but someone else created this gif, CB seems to have hit animation there, there is also a RoF and other spells.
    Last edited by mmoc4f56bb363f; 2018-02-08 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo7878 View Post

This is from wowhead, CB seems to have hit animation there, there is also a RoF and other spells.
    Wow, they all look even better when they actually connect with a target. The incinerate looks SO much better when it connects, it explodes! That's awesome! Also the burn effect looks great. I love that they made Destro lock fire a deep, darker red to distinguish it from Fire mage fire. That's some nice design work.

CB looks amazing. Incin looks a little small, but pretty good with FnB. The black along with the deep red fire for incin looks cool and distinct color-wise though!

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Wow, they all look even better when they actually connect with a target. The incinerate looks SO much better when it connects, it explodes! That's awesome! Also the burn effect looks great. I love that they made Destro lock fire a deep, darker red to distinguish it from Fire mage fire. That's some nice design work.
    That does look a lot better, but I still hope Incin will be a little bit closer to how it's currently on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they won't chicken out on Chaos Bolt the way they did with Demonbolt, it also used to be huge in early Beta.

Incinerate seems a lot better when it hits shit, it kinda winds up the last moment and then nukes shit from above. That's kinda neat.

Wonder how green fire versions will look.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I hope they won't chicken out on Chaos Bolt the way they did with Demonbolt, it also used to be huge in early Beta.

Incinerate seems a lot better when it hits shit, it kinda winds up the last moment and then nukes shit from above. That's kinda neat.

Wonder how green fire versions will look.
    I hope they scale it down a little bit and make it come out of the hands instead of the lower body.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm digging it. The burng effect, explosion on hit and even the small incinerate look just right. The Chaos Bolt, I don't know, the size is right, but its just a mass of black and green. It lack the Dragon Head.

The flame wave rolling over the ground that Incinerate is right now with FnB, and used to be since it got patched into the game in TBC, looks way better. Chaos Bolt is too big and blocking a lot of screen.

Can't help, compared to what their artwizards did to armor and spells in TBC already they are not up to speed anymore.

Deleted
    They should just leave Incinerate as it is. This one look like shit.

My thoughts -

Chaos Bolt looks okay. The black/green effect is awesome - but they NEED to keep the dragon/demon's head as it has now. Add any form of "biting head" to this awesome blob and it's a great update.
    Rain of Fire looks great.
    Incinerate -- the animation is awesome - but it's not incinerate. It looks like a reskinned arcane missiles or some kind of flashy, energetic mage spell.

I define Incinerate to have 3 core effects:
    - It's a carpet/rug/square of solid flame.
    - It creeps along the ground during travel, and then shoots/jerks up suddenly to strike the victim from below.
    - It slithers/weaves left-to-right as it travels.

The new incinerate spell looks awesome, it's got great colours. But it has no qualities that make it "incinerate". If you showed that gif/animation to a player, and asked them "what spell is this new animation for?" people would not instantly say "incinerate".
    The new Chaos Bolt does do this at least - but the current iteration of incinerate is too far detached from the iconic spell we love. It looks like a fiery arcane missiles.

If they want to change incinerate to a smaller, little firebolt with a trail instead of a carpet of flame, okay - but at least make it crawl along the ground and then jerk up to strike from beneath!
    Last edited by Cyclone Duke; 2018-02-08 at 05:00 PM.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

If incinerate had the fnb animation regardless of target count, I’d be happy with it. The single bolt is weak. Rest looks great; hopefuply they do not fuck us over with green fire.

I never understood why Chaos Bolt had a dragon head.

I already miss the lobbing arc though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke View Post
    https://gfycat.com/AncientImmediateKob but they NEED to keep the dragon/demon's head as it has now. Add any form of "biting head" to this awesome blob and it's a great update.
    Only if they edit it to look like a demon. Dragon head never made any sense.

Looked better before IMO. Incinerate looks too much like a Fire Mage's fireball.

Love these animations, chaos bolt especially. I'm personally glad they ditched the dragon head, as it never made much sense to me. Now it looks like a giant killer mass of chaotic energy.

Can't wait to see how channel demonfire ends up looking.