Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Alliance Players DID NOT Save Suramar

I been seeing this over and over and over..... All the allied race threads, BFA lore threads..... Alliance players keep saying "well I saved suramar" talking about the Nightborne or Thalyssra.

SO I thought I'd clear it up: What is reflected in-game does not always portray the cannon story that is the back-bone this 20+ year franchise.
    WHEN AN EVENT HAPPENS IN GAME THAT BOTH FACTION PLAYERS PLAY THROUGH IT'S FOR GAMEPLAY SAKE. BOTH Alliance and Horde Player-Characters get an equal game-play experience for a customer based product. SO for GAME-PLAY sake we all get the experience.

A small investigation in to the story and lore will give you context. Sometimes its Horde cannon sometimes its Alliance cannon... In this case.....

According to cannon lore it was a "Horde Champion" that did what our player character did.

So Alliance players you DID NOT save Suramar. Your faction partially helped along side the Horde, while the Horde champion was the one to do the player character action......

That combined with the haughty pride of the Night Elves pushed Suramar to the Horde. Alliance stop acting like you're the pride of suramar now a enemy...

Deleted
    I mean... if we're talking about in-game lore, they're not wrong. Alliance had a huge part in it.

In-game lore is what matters over canon lore in-game.

My alliance toons were in Suramar. They were fighting demons and keeping the Nightborne faction leader alive by the skin of her teeth. Now she is joining the opposite faction and killing people in mine.

Thats just horribly bad written lore. Allied races should've been neutral. It makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexfu View Post
    Your faction partially helped
    There's that one saying...."Every little bit helps." You kind of lost your own argument with your own words.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Vexfu View Post
    I been seeing this over and over and over..... All the allied race threads, BFA lore threads..... Alliance players keep saying "well I saved suramar" talking about the Nightborne or Thalyssra.

SO I thought I'd clear it up: What is reflected in-game does not always portray the cannon story that is the back-bone this 20+ year franchise.
    WHEN AN EVENT HAPPENS IN GAME THAT BOTH FACTION PLAYERS PLAY THROUGH IT'S FOR GAMEPLAY SAKE. BOTH Alliance and Horde Player-Characters get an equal game-play experience for a customer based product. SO for GAME-PLAY sake we all get the experience.

A small investigation in to the story and lore will give you context. Sometimes its Horde cannon sometimes its Alliance cannon... In this case.....

According to cannon lore it was a "Horde Champion" that did what our player character did.

So Alliance players you DID NOT save Suramar. Your faction partially helped along side the Horde, while the Horde champion was the one to do the player character action......

That combined with the haughty pride of the Night Elves pushed Suramar to the Horde. Alliance stop acting like you're the pride of suramar now a enemy...
    ..........No.

This is exactly the sort of crap I'm afraid is going to continue into BfA, because of it's "faction pride" theme.

You can't have players spend their time accomplishing things, and then try and blow it off like it didn't happen "because outside gameplay story." You can't say "oh hey Horde, sorry, you didn't REALLY beat Lich King/Gul'dan/whoever the hell, we just let you do that for gameplay and really the Alliance did it all" or vice versa. That's just incredibly incompetent writing.

Illidan did it, and he's alliance because Demon Hunters are heroes from the Night Elves race.

Check mate.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    In-game lore is what matters over canon lore in-game.

My alliance toons were in Suramar. They were fighting demons and keeping the Nightborne faction leader alive by the skin of her teeth. Now she is joining the opposite faction and killing people in mine.

Thats just horribly bad written lore. Allied races should've been neutral. It makes the most sense.

as a player we do not represent or faction in the fight against the legion even khadgar said it in BFA we will

My headcanon is that the Horde did Suramar, Highmountain, Stormheim and the Broken Shore, while the Alliance did Azsuna, Val'sharah, Karazhan and Argus.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    Maybe think that way: Thalyssra first intended to join the alliance, then Tyrande fucked her off so she went to the Horde. Thank your most precious fanatic of Elune "Malfurion-oh-my-love" Tyrande. God damn, I would make the same choice if I had to choose betweend Orcs and Tyrande.

Jesus christ if you dont understand that the alliance that whine about the stuff op wrote about, are baiting you mega hard, you might want to think for more than 3 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashuri View Post
    Maybe think that way: Thalyssra first intended to join the alliance, then Tyrande fucked her off so she went to the Horde. Thank your most precious fanatic of Elune "Malfurion-oh-my-love" Tyrande. God damn, I would make the same choice if I had to choose betweend Orcs and Tyrande.
    Poor writing to suit a purpose.

oops doesn't change the fact that alliance forces were still canonically in suramar and played a part in liberating the city racism or not

The liberation of Suramar was done by both the Horde and the Alliance. This is canon. Any headcanon that favours either Horde or Alliance in this scenario is pointless.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure u can do it much better than the people who work at Blizzard

Honestly, it probably should have been handled as a pandaren-style situation, with characters being free to choose which faction to side with.

After Elisande forced their people to side with the Legion, I can't see why Thalyssra would want to do the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raziella View Post
    This is exactly the sort of crap I'm afraid is going to continue into BfA, because of it's "faction pride" theme.

You can't have players spend their time accomplishing things, and then try and blow it off like it didn't happen "because outside gameplay story." You can't say "oh hey Horde, sorry, you didn't REALLY beat Lich King/Gul'dan/whoever the hell, we just let you do that for gameplay and really the Alliance did it all" or vice versa. That's just incredibly incompetent writing.
    Pretty much this. Seems like it all could have been avoided by making the allied races neutral, but Blizzard gonna Blizzard

Sorry, but you're objectively wrong. You can concoct whatever headcannon that is necessary to feel better about it but the fact of the matter is as presented, alliance AND horde players saved Suramar.

That's the reality and if you don't like it, too bad.

The Alliance still deployed troops to Suramar, at least as many as the Horde did. Sure, the Horde PC may have headed it up but plenty of Night Elves still fought and died to liberate Suramar.

God you people are stupid. Allow me to explain the reason that the horde did more for Suramar. You will notice that the Night Elf and High Elf forces were entirely comprised of archers, and a few mages. If you pay attention to the dialogue, they secure the outskirts of the city, and handle scouting. It is the Blood Elves who bring the heavy armor, and fight door to door, taking the brunt of the battle. How did none of your notice that simple fact? You will also notice how polite and understanding Liadrin is when speaking to the Nightborne, compared to Tyrande's haughty attitude.