Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    You missed the diplomatic attempts during 7.3? It wasn't a overnight decision.
    "We're both junkies, we have so much in common"
    "Absolutely, you and your faction of swamp-dwellers are the perfect home for us"

    "We've been the same race for millenia, you abandoned us once and we're fighting to save you now, I hope you remember this"
    "How dare you, we're nothing alike, and that happened a long time ago, we were all there already, but a long time ago"

  2. #262
    Immortal Brewmaster Kolee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Peak of Serenity
    Posts
    7,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Then you also missed the 7.3 diplomatic talks between Liadrin and Silgryn. Thalyssra going to Silvermoon was result of the diplomatic talks, not of "lets join the Horde". The events on Silvermoon were what led Thalyssra picking the Horde.
    I heard the talk between Liadrin and Sylgryn. I would have been fine with Thalyssra opening diplomatic ties with Silvermoon. Doesn't explain Thalyssra vowing to obey Sylvanas.

    "Remember it's a game. Have a beer buff. Chill." ~ Brewmaster Kolee

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    "We've been the same race for millenia, you abandoned us once and we're fighting to save you now, I hope you remember this"
    "How dare you, we're nothing alike, and that happened a long time ago, we were all there already, but a long time ago"
    It's funny because it's the exact same reason as the Night Elven/Highborne rift. So what's the surprise? The Nightborne are Highborne, just like the Blood Elves.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    I heard the talk between Liadrin and Sylgryn. I would have been fine with Thalyssra opening diplomatic ties with Silvermoon. Doesn't explain Thalyssra vowing to obey Sylvanas.
    But that's the problem with BfA asspulls. Alleria bootlicking Anduin is another example.

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It's funny because it's the exact same reason as the Night Elven/Highborne rift. So what's the surprise? The Nightborne are Highborne, just like the Blood Elves.
    And they've been in the Alliance since Cataclysm.

    Maybe not full members, but comparable to Wildhammer. And enough to allow players to create night elf mages.

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    And they've been in the Alliance since Cataclysm.
    And yet Nightborne decided to send diplomats to the Highborne that contacted them.

    It's very simple, the Blood Elves opened their doors and made diplomatic attempts, the Night Elves did not. It's how alliances are built in our world many times.

  6. #266
    Blademaster FBWA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    And yet Nightborne decided to send diplomats to the Highborne that contacted them.

    It's very simple, the Blood Elves opened their doors and made diplomatic attempts, the Night Elves did not. It's how alliances are built in our world many times.
    Exactly , that was my point.. Tyrande basically told them, I don't trust you we can talk later. The Blood Elves, said lets talk friend.

  7. #267
    The Horde slaughtered the Furbolgs, so where are my alliance playable Furbolgs?

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Oh do we know that already?
    Maybe not her personally, but her as member of the Horde.

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexfu View Post

    A small investigation in to the story and lore will give you context. Sometimes its Horde cannon sometimes its Alliance cannon... In this case.....

    SOOOOOO, It was the Alliance that saved Azeroth from Legion With the help of the Alliance Heros, using as Spaceship crafted by an Alliance Race...

    Horde did nothing, was just looking at the sky scratchin their butts.

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonDruid View Post
    SOOOOOO, It was the Alliance that saved Azeroth from Legion With the help of the Alliance Heros, using as Spaceship crafted by an Alliance Race...

    Horde did nothing, was just looking at the sky scratchin their butts.
    Apparently it was both. They were both at the gates of Suramar City, Tyrande AND Lady Liadrin. I don't even know why we are discussing it.

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravanna View Post
    Honestly, it probably should have been handled as a pandaren-style situation, with characters being free to choose which faction to side with.

    After Elisande forced their people to side with the Legion, I can't see why Thalyssra would want to do the same.
    I think this is just the right point. I have no idea why they didn't just add one sub-race for alliance, one for horde, and then the one neutral one. More could have been added later. Forcing a fit was just a bad idea. They just wanted to save themselves resources and it came at the expense of a quest line we spent half of the expansion doing.

    I can only digress further and shake my head at the absolutely nonsensical "war" going on between the horde and alliance while their world faces an existential crisis every 9 months.

  12. #272
    The entire premise of this OP is just laughably false.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •