Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Cutting their head before boiling being more humane is also opinion not fact. I am all for people cooking them how they feel is best, however where I take issue is being forced through laws to do it a certain way because someone feels there is a better way.
    That's what animal welfare laws are for...

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    That's what animal welfare laws are for...
    They are there for clear abuses, and this one is rather murky at best. Like I said spend time discussing it with people and convince them that way, but don't try to circumvent the debate by advocating for laws that do nothing in the long run but waste time.

I was shown to cut lobsters down through the head before throwing them into the pot so they aren't being boiled alive so that's what I do, watched gordon ramsay do it as well... I'm not a fan of lobster though.

With salmon I knock them out and then cut them so they bleed out rather quickly after I catch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Oh no, people are killing things to eat them.

You can kill things without torturing them to death

Deleted
    How do you kill them before cooking? Knife through the head strikes me as brutish. Perhaps a ban like this should be accompanied with public subsidies to electroshock devices?.

Isn't the proper way to kill it with a quick stab and then immediately throw it in a pot? Pretty sure Gordon Ramsey does it that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just my opinion here, but I think this is a waste of resources and time.

We are the only species on the planet that has removed itself from the food chain.

Do you know how life ends for everything else on this planet? It either gets ripped apart by other species and devoured while still alive, or it gets eaten outright. (I'm looking at you insects).

I'm not saying that I don't care about animals etc, but this is lobster and crab we are talking about. They get limbs ripped off by other predators (And their own kind) all the time. And btw, I have killed these species by the THOUSANDS in my time as a cook. Lobsters do not 'Shed limbs' in an attempt to escape, nor do restaurants use boiling water, they use pressurized steamers. (Boiling water for cooking lobsters at high volume is dumb, as the water evaporates and you lose temperature by having to add more water. It slows your ticket times down and would actually give lobster and crab a slower death).

People need to stop with this stuff. The planet with its current population could never go vegan. And what do you think would happen to various species if we DID? What do you think happens when we rip up habitats for farm land to grow all these plants that vegans crave? Vegans like to think they are saving animal lives, but they are just as guilty as omnivorous people because they are displacing (Killing) animals every time there is a massive farm created. Like almond milk because you think cows suffer from milking? Better wrap your head around the fact then that your almond milk causes SEVERE losses in water tables due to the amount needed to grow. This in turn harms any animal that relies on that water.

Anyways my point...

Crab and lobster taste good, even though they are just bugs of the sea.

Keep eating them.

Its either going to be you throwing them in a steamer, or something in the wild leaving them crippled for life, and or eaten.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

I don't care which "celebrities" are signing petitions.
    The scientific arguments, on the other hand, are interesting.

This is a lol moment. I'm gonna boil all the crabs I please. Don't get in my way

Deleted
    Scientific evidence disagrees

- - - Updated - - -

You're aware the government can tackle multiple issues?
    .... You have been watching the government these past few decades right. I'm nit sure they can tackle half an issue. Fuckers can't even negotiate Exiting a union right.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    I don't care which "celebrities" are signing petitions.
    The scientific arguments, on the other hand, are interesting.
    I'm getting tired of this notion that a celebrity's opinion means anymore than any other non experts opinion thing.

Like there singer's and artist's not philosopher's and scientists. Just because they have twitter following dosent mean there opinions mean anything.

If they are capable of feeling pain then yeah.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Isn't the proper way to kill it with a quick stab and then immediately throw it in a pot? Pretty sure Gordon Ramsey does it that way.
    You're right. Here are a couple of examples.
    Go to 30 second mark on first video
    and 4:30 on second video.

"They [lobsters] have a central nervous system that makes their tails move when touched or snippers snip, and whether or not they can feel any pain at all is up for debate. Certainly if they can, it's not anything like how humans or other animals feel pain."

So they're just literal bugbrains. If you want to cut 'em down the brain then do it. Boil 'em if you want to. What a non-issue.

This makes me hungry, think I will boil some lobster tonight.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're aware the government can tackle multiple issues?
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. I peed a little.

As someone from Maryland, I am against this. Dead crabs are no bueno. Is how we murder our crustaceans really a concern though?

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You can kill things without torturing them to death
    Boiling an unconscious lobster is torture?

I hope you don't eat meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Boiling an unconscious lobster is torture?

I hope you don't eat meat.
    They're not unconscious that's the issue

Make it illegal to step on ants or spray poison on spiders. There is no evidence, AFAIK, to suggest these creatures even process pain.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Make it illegal to step on ants or spray poison on spiders. There is no evidence, AFAIK, to suggest these creatures even process pain.
    Except there is evidence