Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    Maybe but that's where the ilvl part comes in, not many people are getting a legit AOTC at 900, so you know its bought & you can tell pretty early in the instance if they under perform so you just remove them...

Also on the boosts, if a skill rating system come into the game, people could boost those too so it doesn't change anything
    Im against the skill rating, im just stating that even though you have the curve it doesnt mean anything.

I have seen people with a high ilvl joining groups and performing less than expected. Its hard to define the good player based on what we have now. The only way to determine a good player is by looking up his logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I could not agree more!

Today People just judge logs, and actualy DPS or HPS. That sucks.

I am 100% for a skill system, that besides DPS (dps shouldn't even be that big part), also tracks:
    - Interupts
    - Soaking (at certain bosses, where soaking is actually needed)
    - Target swapping (noticing notable damage on adds)
    - Stuns and CC (when needed)
    - Avoiding damage (aoe on the ground etc)
    - Deaths at non-wipe attempts (to not dying by stupid things)
    - Encounter-interactions, like clicking things, entering portals, using items etc (quite rare but exists)
    - Etc, etc. Lots of stuff you can track.

Each factor gives a certain numer, lets say 1-10 and with lets say 10 categories, you can have a rating of 10-100. 100 if you max all categories. Some fights, that don't have interupts, would ofc not lower your score etc.

Would even take it further, and have this skill tracker also track if the player has enchants and consumeables at previous kills etc.

However, this would be automated, and not voted by people. The game can EASILY track all of this and summarize a skill level if the devs wanted. This would be in-game and overshadow logs, who really only benefit dps whores who might be terrible raiders with good dps.
    In a real raid you're gonna have people assigned to stuff like interrupts - that means some people are not supposed to do them and will then get a 0 on that score. Same with most add fights - some people are assigned to swap to adds and some are assigned to stay on boss depending on what their spec is good at. Those people will also get a 0 on the add score as you're suggesting. How will this skill rating be of any use then? I am not against the idea of a skill score, But I don't see how it could be implemented correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edea View Post
    In a real raid you're gonna have people assigned to stuff like interrupts - that means some people are not supposed to do them and will then get a 0 on that score. Same with most add fights - some people are assigned to swap to adds and some are assigned to stay on boss depending on what their spec is good at. Those people will also get a 0 on the add score as you're suggesting. How will this skill rating be of any use then? I am not against the idea of a skill score, But I don't see how it could be implemented correctly.
    True, it would take a lot of good programming to make this work properly. Maybe the leader assign people through an actual ingame system before a raid boss. Like he/she get a list "Assign Interupters, Assignt Soakers" etc etc, and the leader assign a player to it, who also have to confirm himself, and agree that he/she is the interupter.

The interupter or interupters would get a score based on their interupts and NOT from soaking etc. This way you only get judged on your job. Your job, interupt etc, AND of course to do rest of mechanics properly too. To tunnelvision interupts and ignore other mechanics would not give a good score ofc.

This could seem inconvinient but it might be worth it, to sort out the goodies from the baddies.

Of course, if people get better, the previous score would be ignored, and your score would be judged on most recent raid or maybe last 2 raids or something. This would give a lot of incentive to improve yourself and to raise your score as high as possible!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

I could not agree more!

I am 100% for a skill system, that besides DPS (dps shouldn't even be that big part), also tracks:
    - Interupts
    - Encounter-interactions, like clicking things, entering portals, using items etc (quite rare but exists)

Each factor gives a certain numer, lets say 1-10 and with lets say 10 categories, you can have a rating of 10-100. 100 if you max all categories. Some fights, that don't have interupts, would ofc not lower your score etc.

Would even take it further, and have this skill tracker also track if the player has enchants and consumeables at previous kills etc.

However, this would be automated, and not voted by people. The game can EASILY track all of this and summarize a skill level if the devs wanted. This would be in-game and overshadow logs, who really only benefit dps whores who might be terrible raiders with good dps.
    So if an interrupt spell needs 3 person rotation, you have 15 interrupters in the raid, and in total 10 people only have ever interrupted the spell, who gets what poins? What if the other 5 people with no interrupts actually tried to interrupt on time, but someone took it befre that? What if when someone interrupted but the RL just kicks him out of the raid so his friends can get "Interrupting points"?

Shared soaking - what is better for the raid, 5 people soaking a 5-person soak or 25 people jumping in?
    Single soaking - why wouldnt every single person soak it to get soaking points?

Target swapping - what if I just pad on adds like crazy? Ok, you can see that, but then you need to define what is an acceptable % of my damage done allowed to be padded and considered good? But wait! You also have to consider that % in relation to my gear at the time, new gear i have now(certain items can exponentially increase your aoe), what spec i am, ofc u can compare that spec only to the spec itself and not to other classes, so a SP rating 950 isnt the same as a SUB rogue rating 950.

Stuns/CC - stun duration? what if i stunned first, what if i stunned last but it still counted? what stuns do i have? do i have only short lasting stuns? then they should give less points than stuff like shockwave. At what point of the fight did i use my stun? did i use it right away with no purpose? did i use it when mobs were stacked?

Avoiding dmg - probably the only thing that is fairly reasonable, but what if there is a beam to be soaked, people walk out and i get 1shot? or just not enough ppl soak. so u need to account did enough ppl soak. What if the tank is keeping the adds in the fire and i cant stun or interrupt them? so i get 0 points cause the tank is stupid?

Deaths at kills - what if nobody decided to soak the shared soak zone and i die. I did correctly here, yet u punish me because others were bad?

Using encounter items - when there are points for it, expect like 20 people waiting to click it. good luck getting points

And then you have overlaps - what if i was soaking, out of range for interrupt or soaking?

And finaly - what if i just make a raid and tell ppl i do everything and if they do any of the things that give points i kick them out? what if i join a raid and pay to let me do the stuff that gives points?

Skill Rating - lol'd and that would be based on what? Mythic kills? M+?

LFM WQuest Elite
    +960ilvl
    +3k M+ rating
    +9000 skill rating

No thanks.

I could not agree more!

- Interupts

(I know, I know)

Wow is not a difficult game and the correct measure of a good player is patience. I would grade players bu ilvl but perhaps something like how offen they ragequit. Maybe grading people on a scale of 0-10 for how often they leave raid and dungeon groups. Someone with a history of ragequitting is a cancer and should be removed from groups if at all possible.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Skill Rating - lol'd and that would be based on what? Mythic kills? M+?

LFM WQuest Elite
    +960ilvl
    +3k M+ rating
    +9000 skill rating

No thanks.

(I know, I know)
    I'm sorry, but what do you mean? Why are you opposed a system that show how good you are?

People can buy boost for gear and achivements, but a skill rating system could not be faked (unless you buy an account, but that really isn't very common and even IF you buy an account, a constantly updated skill rating system would lower you rating instantly, and the bought account with high skill would not matter).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    So if an interrupt spell needs 3 person rotation, you have 15 interrupters in the raid, and in total 10 people only have ever interrupted the spell, who gets what poins? What if the other 5 people with no interrupts actually tried to interrupt on time, but someone took it befre that? What if when someone interrupted but the RL just kicks him out of the raid so his friends can get "Interrupting points"?

Shared soaking - what is better for the raid, 5 people soaking a 5-person soak or 25 people jumping in?
    Single soaking - why wouldnt every single person soak it to get soaking points?

Target swapping - what if I just pad on adds like crazy? Ok, you can see that, but then you need to define what is an acceptable % of my damage done allowed to be padded and considered good? But wait! You also have to consider that % in relation to my gear at the time, new gear i have now(certain items can exponentially increase your aoe), what spec i am, ofc u can compare that spec only to the spec itself and not to other classes, so a SP rating 950 isnt the same as a SUB rogue rating 950.

Stuns/CC - stun duration? what if i stunned first, what if i stunned last but it still counted? what stuns do i have? do i have only short lasting stuns? then they should give less points than stuff like shockwave. At what point of the fight did i use my stun? did i use it right away with no purpose? did i use it when mobs were stacked?

Avoiding dmg - probably the only thing that is fairly reasonable, but what if there is a beam to be soaked, people walk out and i get 1shot? or just not enough ppl soak. so u need to account did enough ppl soak. What if the tank is keeping the adds in the fire and i cant stun or interrupt them? so i get 0 points cause the tank is stupid?

Deaths at kills - what if nobody decided to soak the shared soak zone and i die. I did correctly here, yet u punish me because others were bad?

Using encounter items - when there are points for it, expect like 20 people waiting to click it. good luck getting points

And then you have overlaps - what if i was soaking, out of range for interrupt or soaking?

And finaly - what if i just make a raid and tell ppl i do everything and if they do any of the things that give points i kick them out? what if i join a raid and pay to let me do the stuff that gives points?

You can try to find loopholes and of course find it. Remember this is a suggestion I wrote just now, to add further to OPs idea. BUT this COULD get evolved into an actual working system.

Example, if you have a 3-person rotation for interupts and you ASSIGN the interupters, it's very simple. Only those people get credit for it, and if a non assigned interupter interupts, he is ignoring the job he was assigned for and will get lowerd score for doing an interupt he was not suppose to do.

AND you can take this further, and assign reserve interupters, meaning if a main interupter dies, the reserve can interupt and gain score etc.

This system could have many many possibilities and evolve into a working system.
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

I could not agree more!

- Interupts

That seems nightmarish to program such system, and it will fail. Not "may", "will".

- Interrupts : Some times you shouldn't interrupt blindly. Maloriak, Argus, Imonar.
    - Soaking : What if we're 2 to soak one non-spread damage ? Is that bad or good ?
    - Target swapping : Sometimes you don't need to or want to avoid. Sass'zine, Avatar, Aggramar.
    - Stuns and CC : Sometimes you don't need to. How will the system know ? How do you even want to program such thing to work on Aggramar, or even some things like the first EoA boss ?
    - Avoiding damage : Sometimes you have to take them. Imonar (soaking mines to avoid crowding the full Platform).
    - Deaths at non-wipe attempts : Even if this death saves the whole raid ? So, to achieve a better score, if the boss is at 1% and you're the only one in range to soak this devastating AoE, you'd rather let your raid die so that it doesn't screw your score ? So the system will say you suck, when in fact you're the hero today ?
    - Encounter interactions : Nightmare. There are tons of interactions and they all would be assigned not to be abused.

Nothing in your list can be "easily" tracked.

Edit : didn't see your answer. About "Assigning people", that would assume some kind of interface, that would be totally impossible to manage in PUGs. And boring, also.
    And what, if you assign 3 peoples for interrupt but that guy went out of tracks and kicked something before one assignee, is it good or bad ? We'll never know I guess.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2018-02-09 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Personal skill rating for PVE has probably been discussed before but not in depth. Right now the game is just about item level for heroic and normal pugs, and to a certain extent for mythic raiding as well, but mythic raiding has achievement for each boss and guild management so that kind of reduced the need for personal skill rating a bit. What I'm suggesting is a skill rating on a scale of 0-10, which will help people to identify the actual skill of the player, getting rid of people who only bought their gear or got carried. This will also help to force players to improve their skills if they want to get in groups. The skill rating will be primarily based on two areas, 1. Standards for DPS and HPS (for tanks I dont know because I dont play one), how much DPS and HPS the player should be doing according to the item level 2. Execution of mechanics like running out of things, target switching etc. And something like if it's not the player's fault and they die, the ratings dont change. If they die to mechanics more than twice then the ratings go down. Should take all raids like LFR, normal, heroic or even mythic into account so players have no chance to be carried.
    Raider.io is mostly for M+, but M+ also shows skill level. It's a good indicator for raids too, because there must be significant difference between a player with 1500 score and a player with 3000 score.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    That seems nightmarish to program such system, and it will fail. Not "may", "will".

- Interrupts : Some times you shouldn't interrupt blindly. Maloriak, Argus, Imonar.
    - Soaking : What if we're 2 to soak one non-spread damage ? Is that bad or good ?
    - Target swapping : Sometimes you don't need to or want to avoid. Sass'zine, Avatar, Aggramar.
    - Stuns and CC : Sometimes you don't need to. How will the system know ? How do you even want to program such thing to work on Aggramar, or even some things like the first EoA boss ?
    - Avoiding damage : Sometimes you have to take them. Imonar (soaking mines to avoid crowding the full Platform).
    - Deaths at non-wipe attempts : Even if this death saves the whole raid ? So, to achieve a better score, if the boss is at 1% and you're the only one in range to soak this devastating AoE, you'd rather let your raid die so that it doesn't screw your score ? So the system will say you suck, when in fact you're the hero today ?
    - Encounter interactions : Nightmare. There are tons of interactions and they all would be assigned not to be abused.

Nothing in your list can be "easily" tracked.

Edit : didn't see your answer. About "Assigning people", that would assume some kind of interface, that would be totally impossible to manage in PUGs. And boring, also.
    And what, if you assign 3 peoples for interrupt but that guy went out of tracks and kicked something before one assignee, is it good or bad ? We'll never know I guess.
    I agree it might fail and will be very hard, but I don't agree that it's impossible to make a working system.

Cause this is desperately needed in game. The "link achievement and ilvl" attitude is killing this game and making it unbearable. Skilled players get declined cause they lack an achievement or because their ilvl is slightly below the others.

Being a good raider is so much more than doing good dps and having an achivement. First off, both gear and achievements can be obtained by boosts, paid or free, and it happens quite a lot. And if you have 970ilvl but suck at interuption etc etc you are still a useless raider (extreme example sure, since 970 raid mythic and prolly are decent, but you get the point, a 900ilvl good interupter might be more useful than a 970, if the interupt kills the raid).

Since raiding and M+ as well, is so much more than ilvl and having achievements, the current state of the game is REALLY unfair, especially to returning players, who were raiding hard content before but who is not up to date.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
    What about the trolls who will just down grade everyone?
    You could vote once for each person, and 5 times each week / day or once every dungeon. Its not a bad idea.
    League of legends has this function (honor / report)

Deleted
    I don't get how Battlebeard can be in favor of such a system. After complaining about Ilevel req, missing score req and missing AotC req he wants another one to complain about? Feel free to look up a player, with a average performance of 2x%, a boosted Argus kill (killed by scythe in a run logged with the name boosted). The other 3 logged bosses for him include dieing to an avoidable ground aoe 2 minutes into the fight.

I agree that you can buy boosts for gear and achievements or having TF/WF luck, but arguing with an unexperienced, bad player about a skill matrix is ridiculous…

Cause this is desperately needed in game. The "link achievement and ilvl" attitude is killing this game and making it unbearable. Skilled players get declined cause they lack an achievement or because their ilvl is slightly below the others.
    Maybe true, but you are getting declined for not having any experience and sucking at the three bosses you killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vluffyvlaush View Post
    I don't get how Battlebeard can be in favor of such a system. After complaining about Ilevel req, missing score req and missing AotC req he wants another one to complain about? Feel free to look up a player, with a average performance of 2x%, a boosted Argus kill (killed by scythe in a run logged with the name boosted). The other 3 logged bosses for him include dieing to an avoidable ground aoe 2 minutes into the fight.

I agree that you can buy boosts for gear and achievements or having TF/WF luck, but arguing with an unexperienced, bad player about a skill matrix is ridiculous…

Maybe true, but you are getting declined for not having any experience and sucking at the three bosses you killed.

I have no updated logs for heroic, as I don't raid it at the moment, so your post doesn't make any sense. At the moment, I just raid normal and do quite well, as HC pugs take too much time. But back in the raid I raided at quite high level, end game mythic etc.

I agree it might fail and will be very hard, but I don't agree that it's impossible to make a working system.

Being a good raider is so much more than doing good dps and having an achivement. First off, both gear and achievements can be obtained by boosts, paid or free, and it happens quite a lot. And if you have 970ilvl but suck at interuption etc etc you are still a useless raider (extreme example sure, since 970 raid mythic and prolly are decent, but you get the point, a 900ilvl good interupter might be more useful than a 970, if the interupt kills the raid).

Since raiding and M+ as well, is so much more than ilvl and having achievements, the current state of the game is REALLY unfair, especially to returning players, who were raiding hard content before but who is not up to date.
    In general, when there is a critical mechanic that needs to be handled, you will check thoroughly the guys you invite for this role.
    For example, if you want to invite a DK to grip adds on Aggramar, you'll be sure the guy knows perfectly what and when to do it. And for that, you don't care that his "skill level" is at 98% because he perfectly interrupted Imonar once without dying and rekt the adds on High Command.
    You'll ask him if he already killed Aggramar. If he already managed the add. If he has seen any video of that. If he has any WA. Whatever.

You will then fill the role with the best geared / most impressive guys in the group research.

Achievements+stuff is always the most reliable combo you can find. Because having seen the fight makes you a better candidate than anyone with theoretically perfect skill discovering the encounter on the go.
    The simplest proof is the week after you make your first kill on a hard boss. Usually, the re-kill is a lot less problematic even if you didn't get many items since then, even if you brought newbies to the fight, because the rest of the raid know what they will face.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...e/battlebeard#
    Just as a heads up, this imaginary system would be highly detrimental to your already low chance of getting into a heroic pug.

No matter what you think, a large part of being a 'good raider' is being able to play your class well, meaning that you do good dps if that is your role. Not sure how many people you think who have 970 ilvl also "suck at interruption". If I'm making a pug group and someone with 970 ilvl and a 6 on this magical skill rating system signs up, I'm going to invite them over the 920 ilvl player with a skill rating of 10, because, as other people have pointed out, whatever system they came up with would be extremely flawed/exploitable, and more ilvl means more damage. In the vast majority of cases, the player with a significantly higher ilvl (e.g. 960 vs 930) is going to be more experienced and better at the game. Alts and returning players are obviously an exception, but in that case you can let them know of your past experience/link them logs of your main.

Edit: Battlebeard also thinks that Amanthul's is a "slot filler until you get a better option", which tbh should put you at a solid 0/10 on your skill rating.
    Last edited by Xelion; 2018-02-09 at 01:09 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Personal skill rating for PVE has probably been discussed before but not in depth. Right now the game is just about item level for heroic and normal pugs, and to a certain extent for mythic raiding as well, but mythic raiding has achievement for each boss and guild management so that kind of reduced the need for personal skill rating a bit. What I'm suggesting is a skill rating on a scale of 0-10, which will help people to identify the actual skill of the player, getting rid of people who only bought their gear or got carried. This will also help to force players to improve their skills if they want to get in groups. The skill rating will be primarily based on two areas, 1. Standards for DPS and HPS (for tanks I dont know because I dont play one), how much DPS and HPS the player should be doing according to the item level 2. Execution of mechanics like running out of things, target switching etc. And something like if it's not the player's fault and they die, the ratings dont change. If they die to mechanics more than twice then the ratings go down. Should take all raids like LFR, normal, heroic or even mythic into account so players have no chance to be carried.
    That system, while it is a good idea to measure people, is extremly hard to do and get right, and if it is done wrong, it will screw over a huge part of the playerbase.

The first problem is that DPS can vary alot. You can do low and high dps for specific reasons, different kinds of content require different amounts of dps from you and the seriousness of players can also vary from time to time. So having a system that watches after DPS, would have to take into account all the factures and more. You could create a test, the players needs to take where you could figure out their dps, but there are different encounters in the game which require different actions, which may again reduce or increase dps for specific people and specific classes.

The same problem arrives with the execution of mechanics. If you do normals everyday, you might not worry much about some mechanics because they don't hurt so much, but in mythic they proberly will. That will create a gap between the people who needs to follow mechanics to be functional and those who really don't.

Also, who is gonna set the bar for each 1-10 points and when will they be given? Are this system gonna punish you for doing raiding while being very sleepy one night and then waking up to see have been reduced by 2 ranks, just because you wiped on alot of bosses last night and stood in the fire alot?

There are nearly an endless stream of problems with such a system, so while i like it, it just can't be successful.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
    What about the trolls who will just down grade everyone?
    Only give the option to upgrade one person at the end of the dungeon then with no ability to downgrade, thus creating a "the best asshole out of this shit group" effect.

Though I guess they can only copy FFXIV's systems so much.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Deleted
    I have no updated logs for heroic, as I don't raid it at the moment, so your post doesn't make any sense. At the moment, I just raid normal and do quite well, as HC pugs take too much time. But back in the raid I raided at quite high level, end game mythic etc.
    Thanks to @Xelion I don't have to post your logs. HC is as time consuming as normal. 90-150 minutes for a full clear. And your normal logs are better than your HC logs, but still nothing to take you over any other player.

For example I suck as DPS. I play tank, all my items are there for tanking. But if I go frost and suck at it, I do 300-600k DPS more on each boss then you. While doing mechanics and staying alive. Compared to other DKs I suck, but sucking and staying alive at high item levels is still worth a lot more, than what you do.

Blizzard already tried it. Didn't work out.
    It was a system called E-PEEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Update

New Game System - Equipement Potency EquivalencE Number
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    What is best in life? Gear, plain and simple. As part of the upcoming stat-system revamp, we plan to introduce a new tool that will let World of Warcraft players know exactly where they stand in comparison to other players: the Equipment Potency EquivalencE Number.

With this new system, you’ll no longer have to wonder about your perceived or actual worth as a player. Your Equipment Potency EquivalencE Number, automatically derived from the quality of the gear you currently possess, will be placed on your character sheet and in the Armory, and also displayed over your character’s head in-game as an easy-to-read bar-like object that steadily grows as you acquire loot. Thanks to this new system, no one will be able to ignore the fruits of your long, hard journey toward gear perfection.

How Your Number Is Determined
    Here's how it will work: With every new piece of gear you obtain, your number will grow; if you attain a high enough number, you'll graduate to the next tier (more on that below) and gain access to exclusive rewards. If you’re looking to boost your number even more, activities such as earning raid and Arena achievements or realm-first titles will help you get it up, and you'll also begin receiving in-game mail with exciting offers for additional ways to enhance it.

Player Potency Tiers
    To complement this system, we plan to use an updated version of the phasing technology introduced in Wrath of the Lich King to automatically place players in segregated tiers based on their number. Each tier will comprise all players within a certain number range, and players will only be able to group with, talk to, or see other players in the same tier as themselves. To ensure players with a smaller number will not be shafted by this new system, we plan to introduce a wide variety of new solo content for less well-equipped players.

Rewards
    Those with sufficiently large numbers can earn in-game rewards such as a permanent bonus to "need" rolls, the ability to cut to the front of the queue in the Dungeon Finder, a larger ignore list, a much shorter dungeon deserter debuff, or -- if your number is exceedingly impressive -- a new non-combat pet, Binky the Mechano-Rooster.

As your number grows, the game world will tailor itself to you in other subtle ways: as the pool of players you interact with becomes more and more exclusive, you’ll no longer need to stand still in prominent locations quite so often to allow others to inspect your gear; you’ll have fewer time-wasting calendar invitations to sift through; and your friends list will become increasingly more manageable, reducing needless scrolling time. Any negative repercussions of these changes will be offset by the satisfaction you’ll receive knowing your equipment is significantly more impressive than average.

Last edited by ayrton2388; 2018-02-09 at 01:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelion View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...e/battlebeard#
    Just as a heads up, this imaginary system would be highly detrimental to your already low chance of getting into a heroic pug.

No matter what you think, a large part of being a 'good raider' is being able to play your class well, meaning that you do good dps if that is your role. Not sure how many people you think who have 970 ilvl also "suck at interruption". If I'm making a pug group and someone with 970 ilvl and a 6 on this magical skill rating system signs up, I'm going to invite them over the 920 ilvl player with a skill rating of 10, because, as other people have pointed out, whatever system they came up with would be extremely flawed/exploitable, and more ilvl means more damage. In the vast majority of cases, the player with a significantly higher ilvl (e.g. 960 vs 930) is going to be more experienced and better at the game. Alts and returning players are obviously an exception, but in that case you can let them know of your past experience/link them logs of your main.

Edit: Battlebeard also thinks that Amanthul's is a "slot filler until you get a better option", which tbh should put you at a solid 0/10 on your skill rating.
    Well, seems you read the other thread about the trinket. Yes, it's good for some classes, like Hunters, but for so many speccs, it's not very good. It would be a good choice but since you can't equip it together with the epic version, it becomes kind of a slot filler until you get the epic one. Almost every single specc benefit more of the epic one than the legendary.

So, what I meant was slotfiller until you get the epic. IF you dont have the epic, sure it's a great trinket.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    In general, when there is a critical mechanic that needs to be handled, you will check thoroughly the guys you invite for this role.
    For example, if you want to invite a DK to grip adds on Aggramar, you'll be sure the guy knows perfectly what and when to do it. And for that, you don't care that his "skill level" is at 98% because he perfectly interrupted Imonar once without dying and rekt the adds on High Command.
    You'll ask him if he already killed Aggramar. If he already managed the add. If he has seen any video of that. If he has any WA. Whatever.

You will then fill the role with the best geared / most impressive guys in the group research.

Achievements+stuff is always the most reliable combo you can find. Because having seen the fight makes you a better candidate than anyone with theoretically perfect skill discovering the encounter on the go.
    The simplest proof is the week after you make your first kill on a hard boss. Usually, the re-kill is a lot less problematic even if you didn't get many items since then, even if you brought newbies to the fight, because the rest of the raid know what they will face.
    Well, there are clear opposites of that statement too.

As an example, an ex-raider in Method or Paragon or Exorsus or any of the big, guilds that are racing or were racing for number one, an ex-raider from such a guild would ALWAYS perform better than a current player with achivemenet and higher ilvl.

I would take an guy who raided world firsts with Method with 920 over a random with 960 and Cutting Edge achiv every day of the week.

Method might be the most extreme example, but you get the point. Here skill does matter a lot more than current achivements. Cause the ex-method player WILL perform better, and you can't disagree here. He might not win the dps, but he will still be the better raider, cause DPS is not everything.