Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ummm Tech is correct and you tried turning this into a Microsoft Vs Sony thing. Also like I said in the OP it use to depend on the game so the feature was already there but now you can do it system wide.

- - - Updated - - -

Its almost like Sony didn't want to add it into the system because they are pushing streaming content and it would have made the system cost more.

Seeing how physical media sells are less and less each year who cares.

If u want to console/brand bash go make a thread for this cause this isn't that thread.
    Except that it was already system wide on the competitors console at launch. This is nothing more than Sony copying the One X and playing catch up. Seeing it as anything other than that is foolish at best considering the Pro has been out for how long now and yet never got the update for it until months after the One X had it?

And it was still extremely foolish for Sony to not include a 4K reader in the Pro considering it was marketed as a “4K console and media device”. Doesn’t matter whether you personally think it wasn’t necessary....selling a 4K device and not adding something as simple as that into it was extremely retarded. And it’s been pointed out in numerous reviews since it came out how confusing and downright foolish it was for Sony not to include one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I mean what you posted was completely pointless too. The discussion was about the ps4 update not "sony is catching up to Microsoft"
    Except this move by Sony is literally nothing more than “trying to keep up with the Joneses”. So my statement was entirely relevant to the topic at hand. Yours was less relevant than mine simply because you came in to the thread to bash what I said and put Sony up on a pedestal.

OT: It’s great that Sony is finally giving this option to its users. But it seems a day late and a dollar short and nothing more than a “crap, MS already has this, we need to push it out as well” move on their part. Especially considering that the Pro has been out for quite a bit longer.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-02-10 at 02:41 AM.

pppffff pc master race!!!! *cries in absence of god of war and uncharted games*

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    no, this thread was made to chest beat about the ps4 pro. And your mad that 2 different people brought up a few weak points. Dont make thread where you just circle jerk about something and then be mad when someone brings up a weak point in said system.
    It’s kind of JT’s shtick to always post news, no matter how small or insignificant, about Sony and the Playstation platform. The chest beating analogy is spot on.

And sorry to the folks who disagree, but bringing up the point that Sony is simply playing catch up with this feature is entirely relevant and extremely spot on. End of story. It has nothing to do with console wars or anything else that people with no argument like to try to make it seem. It’s simply calling it like it is. Yelling and stamping your feet, screaming “console war!” and trying to report people for it just goes to show you have nothing to back up your side of the discussion.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-02-10 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Yelling and stamping your feet, screaming “console war!” and trying to report people for it just goes to show you have nothing to back up your side of the discussion.
    There is no reason to "Back Up" anything. I posted a story about a new feature coming to Pro. You and Zeta brought in the console bashing bullshit that you accuse everyone else of doing.

Want to talk about Microsoft/XboxOne go to the megathread for it or make a new one. They have zero to do with this thread and the lack of 4K Blu-Ray playback also has ZERO to do with this thread.

Its funny you and zeta accuse me of fanboying when its u2 always popping into thread I make ready to shit on Sony/Playstation for shit unrelated to the thread itself.

So yes when you do it I will report it and @Edge- has already said enough of it already.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

There is no reason to "Back Up" anything. I posted a story about a new feature coming to Pro. You and Zeta brought in the console bashing bullshit that you accuse everyone else of doing.

Want to talk about Microsoft/XboxOne go to the megathread for it or make a new one. They have zero to do with this thread and the lack of 4K Blu-Ray playback also has ZERO to do with this thread.

Its funny you and zeta accuse me of fanboying when its u2 always popping into thread I make ready to shit on Sony/Playstation for shit unrelated to the thread itself.

So yes when you do it I will report it and @Edge- has already said enough of it already.
    You posted a story, and I called out the story for what it was. It’s Sony playing catch up. Simple as that. You and several others then immediately got butthurt, started screaming console war, and are know acting like the victims in all of this. Funny how console war doesn’t even get brought up unless you or a select few others start screaming it when something doesn’t go your way. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    You posted a story, and I called out the story for what it was. It’s Sony playing catch up. Simple as that. You and several others then immediately got butthurt, started screaming console war, and are know acting like the victims in all of this. Grow up.
    So you admit you came into the thread just to shit on Sony/PS4 and yet you call me the fanboy...

Also I corrected what you originally said because the Pro was able to do it since Launch as well it just depended the game and if the dev's enabled it. Now its a system wide choice if you decide to chose it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Least its offered instead of not at all. At this point though Playstation 4/PS4PRO has more good games on the system. So I'd say this is a good thing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So you admit you came into the thread just to shit on Sony/PS4 and yet you call me the fanboy...

Also I corrected what you originally said because the Pro was able to do it since Launch as well it just depended the game and if the dev's enabled it. Now its a system wide choice if you decide to chose it.
    I didn’t come in here to start anything. I simply called this action by Sony for what it was. It was you and other posters who went into full on “defend Sony or die!” mode and started throwing around the console war idiocy like you always do.

And it may have been a limited feature before, but being system wide came months after the competition already had that option. The One X had this option for almost every game from the beginning because MS forced the feature onto the games and didn’t leave it up to devs to determine if it was worth their time or not. Sony is just now following suit. Which is great for Pro users, but remains a catch up move nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Framerate > resolution for me still, especially if the resolution was achieved by checkerboarding or some other method, but there are exceptions.

I'm glad to see multiple modes for games since this sub 30fps nonsense has to stop, unless it's a very rare occurrence.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Framerate > resolution for me still, especially if the resolution was achieved by checkerboarding or some other method, but there are exceptions.

I'm glad to see multiple modes for games since this sub 60fps nonsense has to stop, unless it's a very rare occurrence.
    Fixed that for you :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Least its offered instead of not at all. At this point though Playstation 4/PS4PRO has more good games on the system. So I'd say this is a good thing.
    The fact Sony actually spends more money on making games then on OS features for a niche device in the ecosystem is a good thing. 75 mil PS4 owners can play God of War when it comes out, 5-7 mil of those?(not sure correct if we have more accurate information) can take advantage of this feature.

It's good to see money used well usually publishing 10 or so exclusive games a year for the platform. Yes, Sony was slow on this. Also yes, they have a good reason to be. You know, cause they kind of actually MAKE GAMES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    That's what I wanted to say, but there are games that are optimized well enough that 30fps is acceptable on a console so I decided not to be that picky.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I agree here. Going forward (especially with the next set of new consoles) 60fps should be the target minimum. Anything less than that is pure laziness/stupidity on MS/Sony’s part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The fact Sony actually spends more money on making games then on OS features for a niche device in the ecosystem is a good thing. 75 mil PS4 owners can play God of War when it comes out, 5-7 mil of those?(not sure correct if we have more accurate information) can take advantage of this feature.

It's good to see money used well usually publishing 10 or so exclusive games a year for the platform. Yes, Sony was slow on this. Also yes, they have a good reason to be. You know, cause they kind of actually MAKE GAMES.
    Thinking that funding first party games has anything to do with how long it took to get an update like this out is laughable at best. If you think those two things are in anyway related, then I got some nice beachfront property to sell you in Kansas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing cause apparently we can't have nice things due past warning.