Poll: Chiropractors what’s your experience?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Worst case scenario, they pop your neck and you have a stroke. Best case, you spend more money than you would have getting a nice massage. Most of the positive evidence in favor is anecdotal, and their pedigree in peer review is basically non-existent. In my experience, they also tend to be kind of pushy about their side products, usually drummed up through some MLM or another.
    Exactly.

Studies have shown that at best it does nothing and at worst it causes more harm than doing nothing. Chiropractic is garbage.

Deleted
    It is when you don't take care of your body. So you pay someone to pop your skeleton to back in it's former glory, cause you let it rot.

Deleted
    Your threads are more and more like "did you ever go in a forest and basked sunlight naked?"...

10+ Year Old Account
    My advice, skip the Chiropractor and the MD. Go see a DO for the best of both worlds.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

I gave it a crack once, even though my friends kept ribbing me the whole time, I found the whole experience very humerus. I have a bone to pick with anyone who calls them reputable.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    has everyone bought into this shit? bunch a bullshit.

Literally snake oil salesman.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    A while back my back was getting so out of wack that I couldn't breath at night. I went to a "soft touch" chiropractor and it helped a good bit. Afterward a friend recommended a masseuse who I go to every month now. She doesn't do all those sudden scary pulls and twists. I also don't hear about all this "energy" crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriexo View Post
    Personal Experience. About 15-17 of age had a hip problem. It was displaced to the point where i couldn't move my left or right(can't memeber) leg because of the Pain.
    Went to a Chiropractor, he cracked my body in like 5 min, sent me home to sit in bed 1 week and i could move my leg again.

Incredibly underrated field that takes immense skill. Thank god for them.
    "underrated" is not the word I'd use, like the rest of imperial medicine because you can't patent it or make seriously alot of money from it like you can from allopathy medicine that it get's heavily slandered and have alot of propaganda of disinformation about it from media and trolls.

I've personally never been to one purely because there isn't one in my area but i have heard nothing but good things from them that i wouldn't mind giving it a try and experience it first hand before i make any final judgement about chiropractory

As someone who works in the medical field and actually sees patients on a daily basis who go to quackpractors (I refuse to call them chiropractors) I can personally say most of them are a joke. I work in MRI and can’t count the number of times I’ve seen someone get seriously messed up from going to a quackpractor.

I’ve actually seen people get ruptured discs and subluxation of their vertebrae because some moronic quackpractor thought they knew what they were doing. I’ve also seen quackpractors order X-rays on someone’s entire left or right side of their body for something as simple as a cervical radiculopathy problem (we are talking X-rays of the cervical, thoracic, lumbar spines as well as shoulder, humerus, elbow, forearm, wrist, hand, and rib X-rays of the entire affected side.......all when a simple cervical spine X-ray or cervical MRI would have sufficed).

It’s great if they’ve helped you personally. But overall, they’re nothing more than a joke who can seriously mess people up in the process. I refuse to go to one because of how pointless and harmful their field of practice is.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-02-10 at 03:16 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Chiropractors what’s your experience?

I personally thought about it for sciatica, but never been.
    Your poll is missing a couple of choices there, bub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    It's utter quackery.
    Of course it is - that's why every sports team in the country has one on staff. Rofl.

Saved me after a medium car accident. Very good for the body overall.

Literally no reason to go to one over a physical therapist who works under an actual medical doctor and can do virtually the same therapy. There’s no evidence spinal adjustments are effective or even safe.

That said, I’m sure there are some decent chiropractors out there but your such is just a vital part of your body and well-being. I don’t know why you would want to risk it going to such an unregulated industry and was literally started just to make $$$$

My friend's father is a doctor who ended up going into chiropractics later on.

He says that Chiro is divided into two sections.
    Those that know it can't fix everything, but work alongside other physicians to aid others.

Those who claim it can fix everything, and charge an arm and a leg for anything.

His practice charges $40 for a session, but those who are sent/recommended to them for long-term have it much cheaper.
    They don't push any products, which is nice.

His practice mostly serves the elderly and Army Vets. But car accident victims come in as well. And I attended 3 sessions(For $15 each) when I had my arm dislocate and cause a nerve issue.

That practice was not always his though.
    Before he gained the practice from the previous owner, it was very much the classic "Alternative/homeopathic cure all" type of place. Good luck leaving without paying more than $70-80 for a session. Long-Term.
    He endured it, bought the practice off him when the owner retired. Fired the "pushers" and "medical massage professionals".

I honestly think it comes down to the chiropractor.
    Do they think their profession can cure or relieve any ailment?
    Or do they recognize it helps sometimes, and knowing when to point patients towards other professionals.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2018-02-10 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I would definitely try that first, make sure you go to one who has a good rep and actually uses xrays. The guy I went to was so good he told me that at some point in my life I injured my right ankle, and I had sprained it when I was 18 playing basketball. I tell you after 2 months of not being able to be on my feet for more than 5 minutes and having terrible sciatic never to 0 pain, made me a believer.

Back pain sucks man, I feel for ya, hope you can fix it without surgery.
    Back is normally fine, it's my abs where they opened me up like a fish a couple years ago, then again last year when I split all the internal stitches and they got to do it all over again. Something goes haywire somewhere in there at random times, which inflames the abdominal wall and sets off a daisy chain of muscle spasms across my gut, across my back, and the up my sternum. I either find a way to relax the muscles and stop the cascade or I end curled up in ball on the floor and pass out from not being able to breath.

Narcotics have no effect on me, and most doctors have no fallback plan when my immune system laughs at them and eats their morphine. Whatever fix I find for this, it's likely going to come from something non-traditional. The idea of having wires pushed into my spine just seems like something I want at the end of the list instead of at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Your poll is missing a couple of choices there, bub.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it is - that's why every sports team in the country has one on staff. Rofl.

Saved me after a medium car accident. Very good for the body overall.
    No, every sports team in the country does not have a chiropractor on staff. That's a false statement. Anything you've said after that is also suspect. Also, I think it's remarkable that you know the staffing of literally every sports team in 'the country'.

"Saved" you from what? In what way? How is it good for the body overall? Define "good for the body" in your terms. If you're going to spew nonsense, you need to back it up with facts.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    No, every sports team in the country does not have a chiropractor on staff. That's a false statement. Anything you've said after that is also suspect. Also, I think it's remarkable that you know the staffing of literally every sports team in 'the country'.
    To clarify, every NFL football teams utilitze a chiropractor. But I'm sure your voodoo knowledge is MUCH better than all those professional athletes.

This also says the same thing. Oh, it includes Olympic athletes as well (doesn't confirm that ALL of them use Chrios though - gotta watch it with meowfurion - you don't want to see him when he's angry)

Here's a Super Bowl winning team that hired TWO (that's twice as many as one).

90% of all professional athletes use chiropractors.

"Saved" you from what? In what way? How is it good for the body overall? Define "good for the body" in your terms. If you're going to spew nonsense, you need to back it up with facts.
    Saved me from back and neck pain. Prescribed to me by a MD after a car accident.

If you don't know how chiropractics work, just ask. We assumed you knew about them, and were somehow just jaded. But I guess drinking deeply from the kool-aid jug of ignorance and idiocy is your best play.

Professional athletes choose chiropractors.
    Last edited by cubby; 2018-02-10 at 09:44 PM.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well I can only speak for my personal experience and a few years a go I was at a stop sign and had someone crash into the back of my car. After awhile I started to notice a small pain in my back that would gradually get worse throughout the day to being quite extreme pain by about 5pm.

I went to a chiropractor and he had a feel around, then asked me to fold my arms and he went behind me and lifted me up then twisted my body felt it pop back into place and its been absolutely perfect since, never needed more treatment. Saved me a whole bunch of pain and could have been worse if I didnt go quickly

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    To clarify, every NFL football teams utilitze a chiropractor. But I'm sure your voodoo knowledge is MUCH better than all those professional athletes.

This also says the same thing. Oh, it includes Olympic athletes as well (doesn't confirm that ALL of them use Chrios though - gotta watch it with meowfurion - you don't want to see him when he's angry)

Here's a Super Bowl winning team that hired TWO (that's twice as many as one).

90% of all professional athletes use chiropractors.

Saved me from back and neck pain. Prescribed to me by a MD after a car accident.

If you don't know how chiropractics work, just ask. We assumed you knew about them, and were somehow just jaded. But I guess drinking deeply from the kool-aid jug of ignorance and idiocy is your best play.

Professional athletes choose chiropractors.
    Yes professional teams might use chiropractors. This doesn't make it real though as all the premises and idea is based on pure fantasy. You just used argument to authority to prove it. Did you know that lot of athletes use other amazing scientific things such as witch doctors, balance bracelets that "help" with their
    performances. Here's article written by a man who has researched these alternative medicine methods on chiropracy:
    https://health.spectator.co.uk/the-e...arm-than-good/ Take it what you will, but I'd rather but more on evidence based medicine than quackery.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    Yes professional teams might DO use chiropractors. This doesn't make it real though as all the premises and idea is based on pure fantasy. You just used argument to authority to prove it. Did you know that lot of athletes use other amazing scientific things such as witch doctors, balance bracelets that "help" with their performances. Here's article written by a man who has researched these alternative medicine methods on chiropracy:
    https://health.spectator.co.uk/the-e...arm-than-good/ Take it what you will, but I'd rather but more on evidence based medicine than quackery.
    So I've got a half dozen articles (and those were just the first page of google search - I didn't even try) showing why EVERY nfl team is using them, but you put out your opinion as to how that's the same as witch craft, with no evidence that EVERY NFL TEAMS uses witch craft, and expect us to believe that all of sudden, through the most ridiculous false equivalency this week, chiropractors are "quacks"?

That's adorable.

Do ALL the NFL teams (remember, teams, not players) use witch doctors and balance bracelets? Arguments to authority work both ways.

The article is interesting - but at the end of the day, people use them because they work - regardless of your and others uninformed opinion. If you linked 50 articles (10 is fine), from good sources (no witch craft), that demonstrated why chiropractors aren't good for the body, we could talk. And while you might not like the argument to authority, that's not ALL that the nfl teams demonstrate by using them. Likewise the other professional athletes.

Interesting CV on the guy who wrote the article though. Good source. (not being sarcastic)

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    Here's article written by a man who has researched these alternative medicine methods on chiropracy:
    Do you consider results to be evidence?
    There's thousands of these videos showing bone adjustments that have helped people.